Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by whiteangora View Post
    I agree with the token of love part. But, shouldn't that token be something that the deceased person loved/treasured? Is it really
    necessary to go to a jewelry store? Even if it was a heart or cross wouldn't it have more meaning if it was either hers or a family members?

the article said choose jewellry, not buy jewellry. most likely it was meant to be from caylee's own special things. or like another poster said, the bracelet they wanted to get her for her 16th bday kind of things. caylee was a two year old little girl - the more jewellry and the sparklier, the better. she would have loved it.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to 2goldfish For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by miabellamoure View Post
    Questions:

Wasn't Caylee supposed to be cremated?

If so, would one really buy jewelry to dress skeletal remains in just to cremate?

Do crematories allow items with remains at the time of cremation?

Maybe this is just their way of making sure that Caylee is surrounded by special things that would make her feel safe and secure.

I know that may sound a little silly but to me its no more silly then a regular funeral with people having a mortician prepare the deceased for viewing before they are cremated. People have the deceased's hair done, makeup done, dress them in their Sunday best, put good jewelry on them, put pictures in the coffin, mourners buy flowers for the deceased, etc.

Maybe they are attempting to have some little sense of normalcy. Maybe they are just attempting to follow the burial customs of their family.

If burying her with beautiful things or even her favorite plastic play jewelry brings them some comfort then that should not be judged or speculated on.

A little off topic but this makes me very sad that this is even being discussed. First people complain that Caylee hasn't been buried yet and then people start analyzing every little detail of "why" when they finally seem to be making preparations to bury her.

I have always said that when my husband dies i am going to put the t v remote controller in with him. We have been married 50 years and to me if he has this much joy using the remote controller then he is going to have it with him in heaven. I love him dearley

Quote Originally Posted by FaerieB View Post
    You've summed up my thoughts and feelings very eloquently.
    FaerieB, I agree . . . Sundance's whole post was well thought out and beautifully written.

I am glad that George is in the Hospital. I am sure that he needed some type of relief. Being in the home that was "too quiet" and still full of Caylee's things and memories, was definitely not good for him, or Cindy, mentally. He has always been the one to show his emotions and to say what he thought, when Cindy wasn't around. I am sure that he is being mildly sedated and will be started on at least an anti-depressant to help him. The A's have been battling alot on their own and know how people feel about them, so it will probably give him some relief to be treated kindly by the medical staff. I am glad that he was found before he could commit suicide. As much as he wants to be with Caylee, he is still needed here on Earth.

I didn't get to hear what KC's reaction was about this as I fell asleep but I'm sure it's on here somewhere. I guess it doesn't matter since she is basically sub-human and cannot feel or show the emotions that we normal people can.

Get well George! And just know that you will be reunited with Caylee some day and she will be waiting to cross you over when you get there.

P.S. As to the subject of this thread, I think it would be an act of love to have Caylee buried with some of her favorite things.

Quote Originally Posted by miabellamoure View Post
    Questions:

Wasn't Caylee supposed to be cremated?

If so, would one really buy jewelry to dress skeletal remains in just to cremate?

Do crematories allow items with remains at the time of cremation?
    No one said they were :buying" jewelry for Caylee, what was reported "pick out jewelry for Caylee". Yes, you can put items with the body or remains of a person for cremation.

Quote Originally Posted by TrY View Post
    I don't think it's strange whatsoever that the grandparents would want to have beloved momentos that mean something to them and that meant something to Caylee to be buried with her. When you look at all of those beautiful pictures of Caylee you can see what a little princess she was in the those fairy and Disney princess costumes and whether the jewelery is real, costume, newly bought, or old and sentimental doesn't make a difference to me. Whatever gives Cindy and George comfort is what they should have for Caylee. I hope that the Anthony family will be able to have a funeral soon for Caylee - it must be difficult to have to wait as long as they have to bury her.
    I agree. They should place in the casket whatever brings them comfort.

Quote Originally Posted by Pink Panther View Post
    JBean - respectfully...This has to be a nasty rumor or something. Caylee's remains are bones. What is the point of jewellery? The only realistic answers are bizarre and distasteful to say the least. Earrings - not possible. Necklace - not possible. Bracelet - not possible.

Jewellery??? Maybe she asked him to pick out a cross to put to rest with her remains? That's possible and realistic. Perhaps, one of her favorite charms or something that she liked to wear...OK...But the title of this thread invites negative comments if in fact, this is what happened.
    i agree with this. my first thought when i heard about the jewelry is that it is totally bizarre and creepy to decorate a skeleton

but i suppose it might make some sense to pick out a cross or an item to bury with caylee (though i thought at one point they said she would be cremated? ).

i'd like to know more about this detail.

The Kings of Egypt were buried with tons of stuff. They even threw in all the live servants!

My Grandma died last month. I put some things in her casket that were personal to her and I. I made sure she was buried with this one ring she loved. Caylee did not live long enough to have those things. I think it is appropriate and sweet.

We bury people with their watches and jewelry all the time.
    What if the hokey-pokey is what it is all about?

Exclamation Comparison

Casey left Cayley in the damp woods in a trash bag, with duct tape and a sticker.

George and Cindy want to let her go with jewelry. This is very nice compared to her own mothers choice of items.

Quote Originally Posted by aqua_mom View Post
    Your post brought tears to my eyes because I have no doubt this is how CA and GA must feel. They don't see Caylee as 'bones' they see her as the light of their lives which was taken too early. She will live on in their hearts as the beautiful child we have all come to cherish deeply.

All of the negative speculation (because it is just that) is so disgustingly insensitive and it's staggering to me that so many people are so heavily invested in hatred and negativity.
    Harleysnana and Aquamom, you have restored my faith in humanity.

I am not reading anything weird into this at all. It's possible that Cindy picked out other items such as toys, etc. to be placed with Caylee and asked George to pick out some pieces of jewelry. I don't for one minute believe that Cindy had an ulterior motive in asking him to do that. Unfortunately, in the act of picking out things to be placed with her, it made it "real" and if he were already depressed, then it could have just gotten too much for him. This of course is pure speculation on my part.

I can't for the life of me begin to understand the intense emotions that they are feeling and because I am not with them behind closed doors, I am not going to allow myself to judge, criticize or condemn them. Regardless of their actions throughout this case, they have my prayers.

Quote Originally Posted by akashana View Post
    I took it to mean that they were going to attempt to adorn the skeletonized remains with jewelry, which I still maintain is macabre and grotesque, given the circumstances. But as it has been pointed out that they may have meant to simply include a favorite necklace or other piece in the casket with the remains, and if it brings them some small measure of comfort, so be it.

We don't know what their particular spiritual traditions might be. If I recall correctly, they'd intended to have Caylee cremated and they obviously can't have an open casket in this case. I believe they are trying to ritualize their pain somehow, to comfort themselves and Caylee's spirit.

I say if it brings them peace, it is a good thing.

~*

Quote Originally Posted by OldNWize View Post

I can't for the life of me begin to understand the intense emotions that they are feeling and because I am not with them behind closed doors, I am not going to allow myself to judge, criticize or condemn them. Regardless of their actions throughout this case, they have my prayers.

Amen! It's so easy to forget, because this is a high profile media event, that very real people are involved. I'd hate to think what it would be like to be under such brutal public scrutiny, every aspect of our individual personalities judged and evaluated. I wish them peace. All of them.

I just wish Casey would do the right thing and give her parents and brother some peace by telling what really happened! Of course I know that's an absurd wish.

~*

Quote Originally Posted by OldNWize View Post
    I am not reading anything weird into this at all. It's possible that Cindy picked out other items such as toys, etc. to be placed with Caylee and asked George to pick out some pieces of jewelry. I don't for one minute believe that Cindy had an ulterior motive in asking him to do that. Unfortunately, in the act of picking out things to be placed with her, it made it "real" and if he were already depressed, then it could have just gotten too much for him. This of course is pure speculation on my part.

OldNWize, your post makes my heart smile this morning. Welcome.

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.

Quote Originally Posted by jai-yen View Post
    Amen! It's so easy to forget, because this is a high profile media event, that very real people are involved. I'd hate to think what it would be like to be under such brutal public scrutiny, every aspect of our individual personalities judged and evaluated. I wish them peace. All of them.

I just wish Casey would do the right thing and give her parents and brother some peace by telling what really happened! Of course I know that's an absurd wish. ~*
    Jai-Yen, Welcome. I too would hate to under such a microscope during such a trying time. And I too wish them peace.

Casey could end this dog and pony show, but she won't. For her, I feel no empathy, instead I want to just shake her until she stops this torture of her family.
    The road goes on forever and the party never ends.

Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast