Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Cindy & George Pick Out Jewelry for Caylee - (Cremation Jewelry?)

Quote Originally Posted by Lavanda Dolce View Post
    I don't think it was intended as written. I think Cindy Anthony stated she asked George to help pick out jewelry for Caylee's funeral.....meaning FOR HERSELF to wear. At least that is how I interpreted it. Am I the only one that interpreted it this way? Isn't it possible she wanted his opinion on what she should or shouldn't wear as jewelry?
    Lavanda,
    I thought the very same thing when I read about the jewelry.
    Tell me this was all a really bad dream.....

I don't think it was intended as written. I think Cindy Anthony stated she asked George to help pick out jewelry for Caylee's funeral.....meaning FOR HERSELF to wear. At least that is how I interpreted it. Am I the only one that interpreted it this way? Isn't it possible she wanted his opinion on what she should or shouldn't wear as jewelry?
    I wondered if that might be what she meant, too. But, another article made it sound like the jewelry was for Caylee.

I think out of Love and trying to find some type of closure they just want to put some of Caylee's favorite things in her casket when they lay her to rest. Toys, the jewelry she would wear/princess/ Disney and any other items that she loved. A lot of people will do that, that is normal. What this tells me is that "Cremation" is no longer being considered. The fact that they were considering cremation would make people think that it would not make sense at all to buy jewelry for Caylee and some even thought it was for Cindy. So, in dissecting the article I came under the assumption that cremation is no longer being considered. But, I could be wrong and if so, then I to would question why the jewelry? Unless they plan on cremating everything. That would seem strange to me but maybe to them it's all the same. They just wanted the best for Caylee and want to lay her to rest with her things.

Quote Originally Posted by JBean View Post
    See now to me THAT would be bizarre LOL.
    I think it is bizarre it was ever mentioned about the jewelry incident...but that is just me.
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.

What I post are my opinions only.

Quote Originally Posted by SeriouslySearching View Post
    Oh, I don't have any problem with how they choose to do things for her funeral or to insinuate in any way that they shouldn't. Our family has always given tokens of love.

It was strictly a question about the cremation process since I have not gone through that experience with anyone close. I don't know what is allowed to go through the process.
    I have no idea either what is allowed or not for cremation. I was under the assumption though that it was just clothing. But if she is going to be buried, then I definitely can see a token of love being added to her casket. MOO
    Rest in Peace
    Joey, Summer, Gianni & Joseph Mateo

Quote Originally Posted by Gaia713 View Post
    Isn't Cindy an RN? Shouldn't she be aware of signs of suicicde?
    well, she didn't do so good on noticing a pregnancy so.........possibly not.
    imo

eta- yeah , she should

Beautiful Rox.
    Sept. 18, 1997 - May 26 2012
    Rest peacefully my love I'll forever miss you.

Or maybe help her pick jewelry out for Caylee's funeral was for HIM to wear? Pick cufflinks, etc???? Just tossing thoughts out there. I just did not get it that it was for Caylee. I could be wrong, however. I've never planned a funeral...and hope to never for many years to come.
    When we planned my father's funeral, my mother was in shock. My brother and I were numb.

We ended up having a viewing to comfort members of my father's family although my father did not want people looking at him after he was dead. I imagine some at the funeral would have preferred religious words during the service.

Shortly after my father was buried, my husband and I made "our" arrangements in advance. I don't want my children to have the ordeal of making the decisions while they are hurting. Nor do I want anyone criticizing my children because my husband and I do not want the same kind of service most of our relatives would consider appropriate.

I thought I protected my children by making arrangements in advance about my service (or lack of), viewing, visitation, memorial plaque, plot and what would happen at the gravesite. It never crossed my mind that if my kids decide to put something in my urn it could become an issue.

I think how a family says their final farewell to a loved one is very, VERY personal.
    JMO
    Last edited by Jolynna; 01-24-2009 at 10:08 PM.

After hearing/reading about Cindy's request for George to pick out jewellery, my first thought was to have some of Caylees favourites to be placed inside the coffin with her; but not long after that thought i wondered if they might be planning to have some displayed amongst her pictures, and other special belongings sitting on top of the casket.

I surely don't think it had anything to do with jewellery for themselves lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaia713 View Post
    Isn't Cindy an RN? Shouldn't she be aware of signs of suicicde?
    Not if you yourself are on the brink.I think I need to go to the myth thread,however as an RN myself I can tell you several things have been mentioned here that are stated that Cindy should know just because she is an RN! RNs work in many fields and specialties and may not be an expert in the field of psych..For example many have stated that CA should know what a decomposing body should smell like.Nurses take care of the living,and maybe the dying,but not decomposing! So sorry but I don't think we can hold her responsible for GA's actions.She may well have been aware that he was depressed,but,however so is she,both with very good reason.

skygirl is offline "....Good luck, we're all counting on you."
    I hope I don't get bi@#!-slapped for posting this.....

And I understand this dosen't have a whole lot to do with to actual thread title.

I have been enjoying all of your stories. Some made me laugh, some cry.....
    and like most, whatever the family wants to do, so be it.

I thought of this, because of the subject at hand (funeral stories, jewerly, how everyone does it their own special way and so forth)

Has anyone ever heard of life gems? I saw a story on it one time on some morning show. It's unique.

http://www.lifegem.com/index.aspx?Ba...ified_diamonds

Quote Originally Posted by Pink Panther View Post
    JBean - respectfully...This has to be a nasty rumor or something. Caylee's remains are bones. What is the point of jewellery? The only realistic answers are bizarre and distasteful to say the least. Earrings - not possible. Necklace - not possible. Bracelet - not possible.

Jewellery??? Maybe she asked him to pick out a cross to put to rest with her remains? That's possible and realistic. Perhaps, one of her favorite charms or something that she liked to wear...OK...But the title of this thread invites negative comments if in fact, this is what happened.

I can't comment here on the subject matter except to say that I think that this is a nasty rumour or information that has been taken out of context.

IMO - Not worthy of a thread until confirmed.
    JonBenet Ramsey's parents put a scarf, and her stuffed kitty into the casket with her. They didn't wrap the scarf around her neck. They just laid those things in with her, because supposedly they were her favorite things. Of course, she also had a tiara, and a cross necklace in there with her. I am quite sure that George and Cindy do not intend on placing jewelry on little Caylee's skeletonized body. (BLESS HER HEART!!!)
    "This time we get it right."

Yes I have checked out their site. They make very beautiful jewelry. I'm sure a lot of people would find comfort in having something made to remember their loved one but I don't think I could do it. I think it would just be a personal choice.

As for picking out jewelry for Caylee, I think it meant from her items that she loved to dress up in and wear. I see nothing wrong with wanting items to be buried with her remains, as it's more for the living than the dead. People have different ways to memorialize someone they loved and there is never a wrong way to do it. This is a something that everyone will go through one way or another in their lifetime.

Quote Originally Posted by Jolynna View Post
    I wondered if that might be what she meant, too. But, another article made it sound like the jewelry was for Caylee.
    This is part of a post from Cotton Candy...Bolded by me.

The link in the OP is a pdf file of the police report. This is a quote directly from it:

Cynthia stated she last saw George at 1030 hours on 01/22/08 at the above location. She stated he was leaving
    for a job interview. Cynthia stated he left wearing a long sleeve light blue dress shirt and black dress pants.
    Cynthia stated George has been upset and depressed about the death of his granddaughter, Caylee Marie. She
    stated she asked George yesterday to pick out some jewelry for Caylee for her funeral.
    Cynthia said she believes
    this might have made him even more depressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jolynna View Post
    Many years ago I dated someone whose father dug graves.

People have been buried with motorcycles and even cars.

Buying a beloved granddaughter something pretty as a LAST gift isn't weird. Caylee obviously loved necklaces and bracelets. The cost or reasons shouldn't have to be justified. It doesn't matter what you or I would do or have done.

There isn't a doubt in my mind that George and Cindy love Caylee and that if they want her buried with a "last" gift their intent is loving.

IMO
    Yep, my dad knew an old lady that loved her Cadillac so much that she was buried sitting behind the wheel...with her hands ON the wheel, like she was going to drive herself to Heaven.

Quote Originally Posted by Meagain View Post
    http://www.cfnews13.com/uploadedFile.....09-07780.pdf

"She (Cindy) stated she asked George yesterday to pick out some jewelry for Caylee for her funeral. Cynthia said she believes this might have made him even more depressed."
    What funeral? Shopping for jewelry for a precious baby for a funeral that is not yet planned? Who would not come unglued at this? Cindy THINKS she may have made him more depressed...hmm..She depresses me with the thought of it.

:ban me:

I suppose people grieve and remember in their own way. I find myself trying to apply some logic to this and it escapes me.

Okay, first the Anthonys started removing tokens from the memorial and donated them to charity, because Caylee would have wanted it that way. Now they either go out to buy jewelry for Caylee to be buried with, presumably because again it's something she would have wanted, or instead they were buying jewelry for Cindy to wear to the funeral.

All very odd and a bit inconsistant in my book, but then again burial customs in general are odd. Grief is a process, but it isn't necessarially logical-- so like the Anthonys, I guess I should just let go and stop trying to understand it.

mikeysmommom is offline "A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty...."
    Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    What funeral? Shopping for jewelry for a precious baby for a funeral that is not yet planned? Who would not come unglued at this? Cindy THINKS she may have made him more depressed...hmm..She depresses me with the thought of it.

:ban me:
    I do not think she asked him to go shopping , I think she meant to help her pick out Caylees favorite jewelry from Caylees jewerly box.IMO They want to be prepared for when JB releases Caylee for her funeral.
    I Love You MOM 6/16/32 - 5/30/09

Justice for Travis 5/8/13

Justice For Emma
    Stacey Barker - Guilty - Murder 1 - 5/24/11
    25 to Life - Sentenced 6/17/11

Justice Denied for Caylee Marie Anthony
    July 5,2011

mikeysmommom is offline "A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty...."
    Quote Originally Posted by Where's Andre View Post
    I suppose people grieve and remember in their own way. I find myself trying to apply some logic to this and it escapes me.

Okay, first the Anthonys started removing tokens from the memorial and donated them to charity, because Caylee would have wanted it that way. Now they either go out to buy jewelry for Caylee to be buried with, presumably because again it's something she would have wanted, or instead they were buying jewelry for Cindy to wear to the funeral.

All very odd and a bit inconsistant in my book, but then again burial customs in general are odd. Grief is a process, but it isn't necessarially logical-- so like the Anthonys, I guess I should just let go and stop trying to understand it.

The tokens from the memorial were items that Caylee never played with there is no sentimental value attacked. Picking out jewerly for Caylee I took it to mean Caylees own jewerly box .Those items would have sentimal vaue attached and does make logical sense to me.
    I Love You MOM 6/16/32 - 5/30/09

Justice for Travis 5/8/13

Justice For Emma
    Stacey Barker - Guilty - Murder 1 - 5/24/11
    25 to Life - Sentenced 6/17/11

Justice Denied for Caylee Marie Anthony
    July 5,2011

Quote Originally Posted by Sundance View Post
    I think (hope) we will see the majority of posts on this thread to be sympathetic and if not understaning, then certainly accepting. I think this is a time that the posters here on WS will shine, and show the Internet world what we are made of . . . and the huge collective heart that beats within our forum.

I don't think I have ever heard anyone say they thought otherwise than George and Cindy loved that child with all their hearts; now that they are forced to face the fact that their precious little Caylee is gone forever, those hearts are most assuredly broken. And I have seen the goodness in our posters, and have no doubt that we all identify to varying degrees with their obvious grief and pain.

I held my 3 year old grandson in my lap yesterday, and the thought crossed my mind that he is just a few months younger than Caylee. I was completely taken aback at the depth of sorrow I felt just thinking of him not being here anymore. I cannot imagine what the Anthonys are going through, and I hope for them both that they may find some comfort.

So tired of the straight line, and everywhere you turn
    There's vultures and thieves at your back
    The storm keeps on twisting, you keep on building the lies
    That you make up for all that you lack
    It don't make no difference, escaping one last time
    It's easier to believe
    In this sweet madness, oh this glorious sadness
    That brings me to my knees

Arms of an Angel
    KC has caused alot of grief and anger for alot of people...and her family has been used to placating her during her "emotional times" as we witnessed on video.... that's why alot of us cannot feel sympathy for her family... and that's sad. Unless one can truly understand how a narcissist can reel you into their web and have you in their control, it can be difficult to understand how one like GA can be suffering right now. He has been suffering from CA's dominating control for years now. And KC has this sociopathic personality disorder and has inflicted grief and pain on this family that is just almost too much for him to bear. As dysfunctional as CA is, I know from the videos that both she and GA loved Caylee. And this is a very sad time for him right now. My heart goes out to them...I have really hurt for them, as I know that they loved that baby.

Having to pick out jewelry for his little precious granddaughter may have been the one thing that he just could not do. I had previously heard that they were having Caylee cremated. Anyway, my heart went out to George when I heard that CA asked him to pick out jewelry...I'm sure that can be a difficult thing for him to do...personally I don't think him weak to not be able to do so...grief can literally be debilitating.

When I first read of this, I immediately thought that Cindy wanted Caylee's remains buried or cremated with some of her favorite beads. Look at all the pictures of Caylee with her beads... nothing special, except to Caylee.

Had they been given the opportunity to bury Caylee shortly after her remains were recovered, "autopsied" and re-"autopsied," there would have been very little time to make such decisions. They would have both been engaged in dealing with the details and what they wanted in terms of a funeral and memorial service. These decisions would have been done and over with in short fashion.

Since they have no control over the remains at this point and JB has not been forthcoming with a timeline for them, I think thay have had too much time to dwell on these issues.

As sorrowing grandparents, they want to put Caylee to rest and the only thing holding them up is the "Dream Team" to give them permission. It is cruel and unfathomable that no thought has been given to their situation.

Baez views the remains as evidence only. Cindy and George thing of that pitiful pile of bones as their beloved granddaughter. Casey? She's moved on.

Anything about planning the funeral at this point has been so terribly protracted, and unnecessary, and the delay has caused both of them to be even more on edge than they have been.

Please, let Caylee rest in peace. Let her be buried or creamated with her favorite things. Let there be her jewelry, teddy bears, favorite things join her earthly remains. Let her grandparents out of this long, sad wait.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeysmommom View Post
    The tokens from the memorial were items that Caylee never played with there is no sentimental value attacked. Picking out jewerly for Caylee I took it to mean Caylees own jewerly box .Those items would have sentimal vaue attached and does make logical sense to me.
    This makes a bit more sense. The wording of the report is rather confusing, and people's retelling of it even more so.

She stated she asked George yesterday to pick out some jewelry for Caylee for her funeral.

Pick out from where? Who's jewelry? Why is she asking George to pick out jewelry, normally wouldn't Cindy handle the jewelry questions herself?

It's still a bit odd to give him this task, especially considering that he was depressed.

Quote Originally Posted by SeriouslySearching View Post
    I think it is bizarre it was ever mentioned about the jewelry incident...but that is just me.
    Yeah, I agree that it's kind of bizarre, but maybe there's a different angle to it. I went to a funeral for a stillborn child years ago. Her mother was one of my best friends since childhood. She and her family wanted something to remember this infant, in the form of a small pendant, so she could be with them always. We all have crosses with a tiny gem in it. It's a wonderful way to remember little Angelina and I still have that pendant tucked away safely. Whenever I see Patty, she's wearing it...12 years now Sure, she dressed her baby up beautifully, and took pictures, but her baby was still tinted purple. So, I guess it makes her feel better to keep her daughter close to heart. Maybe a locket would be a good choice, one in which a picture could be placved in it. Who even knows. I just thought I'd share that with everyone because maybe there's another reason that jewelry would be purchased, one that's not so selfish. Having said that, yes - I still think it might be a bit bizarre at this point in time ... but who am I to judge? I still have a pendant in rememberance of one of my best friends stillborn daughter.

Oops! I posted too quickly. I didn't realize the jewelry was for Caylee to be buried with. Is this a fact or just a newspaper report? It would make sense to have some of Caylee's jewelry at her memorial service. In all of her pictures, she almost always has some sort of costume jewelry on.

If there will be an interrment, I can understand wanting to put some of her precious things in the casket with her remains. However, the thought of jewelry for his baby girl's skeleton may have just sent GA over the edge. It would me.

Having to wait until other people are finished handling her bones before being able to have a funeral and burial would make me insane with grief. The A's need some closure and funerals bring a lot of closure to the loved ones. There is a place to "visit" the loved one, a place to leave tokens of love such as fowers, a place to honor the deceased, a place to mourn openly. As it is now, they have nothing of the sort. Their precious baby's remains are "evidence". Horrifying.

Not sure why anyone questions what they want to include in Caylee's burial. We all "seem" to have our own thing, so to speak.. Like my family doesn't play tradional funeral songs, we pick songs that go with the individual. My dad's was "I Did It My Way" and we included multiple things in the casket.

As I sit here holding my precious 3 wk old grandson, looking at his sweet face, I can't fathom the A's pain Inspite of everything, they have lost more than most of us could imagine in our wildest dreams.. And NO I find nothing strange about them getting some type of "jewelry" for the funeral..Obivously, they are not ignorant to the "type" of jewelry they planned to include, mentioning earrings is more than just crazy......and mean.
    Last edited by Straitfan; 01-25-2009 at 01:27 AM. Reason: grammer
    "Faith sees the invisible, believes the incredible and receives the impossible." Anonymous
    Matthew 19:26

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast