Which Specific Aspect of this ENTIRE Case Keeps You Drawn IN???

sleutherontheside

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
I am curious as to what specific aspect of the case seems to draw in and keep our attention. For me...it is the web of "lies" that KC has told. My curiosity keeps me wondering "Where did these particular lies come from?", "Is there any truth to her statements?", "Was there any backward meaning to her story?". I am curious what motivates other WS members to stay so close to this issue.
Mods feel free to move this to the Parking Lot if needed.

For me, it started with the lies Casey told and has continued with all the strange twists and turns. Every time I think that I have things figured out, something new (and inexplicably odd,) happens. I believe that the sweetness and innocence of Caylee is the light that attracts me to this tragedy.

I came from a family as far from the family paradigm as one can get. When it came to the "rules" of family dynamic, we blew the covers off the book.

After a life in the business sector, and having had to deal with my own demons on my own, I decided to come back to school to get the education needed to work with families to help them divert their own demons and live happy, productive lives.

This brings me to this case in two ways: 1) I feel for any family who is dealing with an end product of disaster and 2) I want to learn how to help families avoid this (never-ending) end.

All that said, ultimately I am just another human being trying to figure out how in the world this could have happened and trying to figure out how to ensure it does not happen again.

Its the "puzzle" -trying to figure out how all the pieces and all the players fit together. What drew me in is I have pics of my daughter at Caylee's age and some of the ones we have seen - they could have been twins!!!! I saw those and I was hooked.

But aspect is definitely the whodunit puzzle and the crazy roller coaster ride.

What keeps me interested is the absolute need to know the WHY and the HOW
I still have a part of me that feels that this was something other than premed murder.

I also cant stand not knowing things, I need to know so I can reconcile it all in my mind

I am interested in the psychological aspects of this case-- what set the stage for this to happen in this particular family? How could a young mother allegedly murder her child and make up a complicated web of lies that she seems to believe? And how could her mother's denial run so deep? It's like a modern-day Greek Tragedy happening before my eyes.

What attracts me is that this is a "normal middle-class" family ostensibly.

And here we have a young mother who is pretty, with her whole life ahead of her, yet apparently has committed the most heinous of crimes: killing an innocent and beautiful young child.

I think the contradictions in this case are so striking.

We're used to mothers reporting missing children, yet this one didn't.

We're used to first-degree murders being committed by men (more likely) and this is a homicide by a young woman.

And then there are a million little plot twists, like Zani the Nanny, the Meter Reader, the Private Eyes, the heart sticker, the suicide attempt, etc.

This case is riveting, and unfortunately, the media attention is unreal. It allows us voyeurs to know EVERYTHING about this case. It's kinda scary, actually.

I feel like I'm watching Truman (have you seen that movie where Jim Carrey's character is on TV 24/7?).

Every character in this case is so compelling!! There is always something and it seems that the more you know, the more you don't know, is truer with this case than anything else I have ever encountered. The desire to know the truth and the complicated emotions it brings out in me are two very compelling reasons to keep following up. I waiver between anger and compassion for the family (except KC of course) and am fearfully hoping for justice to prevail!!!

I am amazed that she has held out this long. I am shocked that she did not confess or "come clean" by now. So now I want the answers! The truth about what happened to that sweet baby girl.

I've been thinking about this for months and months.

I was a young single mother, divorced with a little daughter and I wanted to go out and have fun. I've tried to figure out what the difference between what I wanted to do and what Casey wanted.

I have a daughter now with a little girl.

I think we all know someone that is in the spot Casey was in, or we were someone in her spot. I honestly have been drawn to this wondering when a person 'jumps the shark'. What little shred of difference is there between humanity and monster?

They say it's a thin line between sanity etc.

We all know someone with a controlling mother or we had one. We all know someone with an absent father, or we were one.

There is some remarkable difference between Casey and someone like Susan Smith, or Andrea Yates. The mystery is what is that difference.

It's seemingly like Casey had all the benifits of what the world would have us believe are the solid building blocks of a 'bella vida'.

When does the bella vida turn into a nightmare a person is just unable to cope with driving them to become a Monster...yes a monster.

No one knows the demons each of us face when the lights go off at night. But, no one knows what keeps the majority of us walking the life of a kind and rational human being.

This case isn't even like the Foxy Noxy, or Susan Smith, or Andrea Yates. Casey was wild, but she obviously wasn't involved in some sort of ritual over the top crazy situation. She wasn't so in love with someone she couldn't live without (his) love. She wasn't hearing voices in her head that said send your baby to heaven...

She was just a shallow empty shell. My intrest, I guess, is what is that line she crossed. What gave her the ability to be so disassociated from empathy?

What makes a human human, what makes a monster?

For me, it's the constant twisting and turning of the events. Just when you think nothing else can happen, something comes along to prove you wrong! Of course I want to see justice - that is a given but these twist and turns keeps me on the edge of my seat when I come over here!

I've been thinking about this for months and months.

I was a young single mother, divorced with a little daughter and I wanted to go out and have fun. I've tried to figure out what the difference between what I wanted to do and what Casey wanted.

I have a daughter now with a little girl.

I think we all know someone that is in the spot Casey was in, or we were someone in her spot. I honestly have been drawn to this wondering when a person 'jumps the shark'. What little shred of difference is there between humanity and monster?

They say it's a thin line between sanity etc.

We all know someone with a controlling mother or we had one. We all know someone with an absent father, or we were one.

There is some remarkable difference between Casey and someone like Susan Smith, or Andrea Yates. The mystery is what is that difference.

It's seemingly like Casey had all the benifits of what the world would have us believe are the solid building blocks of a 'bella vida'.

When does the bella vida turn into a nightmare a person is just unable to cope with driving them to become a Monster...yes a monster.

No one knows the demons each of us face when the lights go off at night. But, no one knows what keeps the majority of us walking the life of a kind and rational human being.

This case isn't even like the Foxy Noxy, or Susan Smith, or Andrea Yates. Casey was wild, but she obviously wasn't involved in some sort of ritual over the top crazy situation. She wasn't so in love with someone she couldn't live without (his) love. She wasn't hearing voices in her head that said send your baby to heaven...

She was just a shallow empty shell. My intrest, I guess, is what is that line she crossed. What gave her the ability to be so disassociated from empathy?

What makes a human human, what makes a monster?

WELL SAID. I think you just helped me uncover additional reasons for my "obsession".

First, how sad it is that a mother would do this to her daughter. Second, Casey's defiance and completely implausible lies and denial. Third, my empathy for the horrible grief of the grandparents.

It is a real life who-done-it being played out in real life. Only the who became obvious right away. (IMO)

The suspense of where Caylee's body was, the why, the how and will George and Cindy ever stop denying has kept me riveted.

What keeps me interested in this case is the fact a day hardly ever goes by that something doesn't happen in this family. It is like reading a book. You just keep telling yourself I'll just read one more page. And every time I turn another page there is another twist to the story. We have intrigue, mystery, conspiracy, horror, just to name a few. You just can't put this book down.

I am curious as to what specific aspect of the case seems to draw in and keep our attention. For me...it is the web of "lies" that KC has told. My curiosity keeps me wondering "Where did these particular lies come from?", "Is there any truth to her statements?", "Was there any backward meaning to her story?". I am curious what motivates other WS members to stay so close to this issue.
Mods feel free to move this to the Parking Lot if needed.

For me, it's the constant release of information from the police files. I don't ever recall this happening in any other case. It really is fascinating.

Its the "puzzle" -trying to figure out how all the pieces and all the players fit together. What drew me in is I have pics of my daughter at Caylee's age and some of the ones we have seen - they could have been twins!!!! I saw those and I was hooked.

But aspect is definitely the whodunit puzzle and the crazy roller coaster ride.

and what a puzzle it is.

For reporters, this case has everything they could ever hope for. Drama, drama, and more drama!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Countrygirlwv
Back