1004 users online (131 members and 873 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

What Are the Sunshine State Laws and Should they be Amended?

After this case has become a nationwide if not worldwide obsession, do you believe that the state of Florida should consider ammending their very liberal Sunshine State Laws??

I personally don't. I can't say that I like the coverage on George...but I think it's just part of living in an open society. I do think the press should be held accountable for everything they do. Nancy Grace herself has stepped on the line before.

Yes, but then again I also believe that the Patriot Act also needs to be overhauled/eradicated.

In a word, yes.

Not one single bit!

No way Jose Oops!!
    As you can see from my siggy I am very involved in the Weleetka, OK case and it has been like pulling teeth in that case just to get a time line or any info... and the case is getting colder as every day goes by. The doc dumps are pricless in the Anthony case...The media can be rude we know that.
    "This isn't who they are. It is only what happened to them."
    Jaycee Dugard
    ’.

No. I also think Courts should remain open to the public and they are and for good reason.

NO!

Unfortunately for G & CA they sought out the media, even after their daughter was indicted for murder. They made as many media appearances as they could in an effort to deny Casey's obvious (imo) involvement.

Not to plead for caylee's RETURN.

We haven't seen anything like this entire case (or the dysfunctional family dynamics) so publicly before and therefore info has become "bombshell" news upon the release of any LE documents.

Truth and some semblence of a moral compass has been non-existent within their twisted and absurd attempts to deny any wrong doing by their "princess" Casey (Lyin') Anthony.

It's an insult to our intelligence.

Now we should change the law just because of this case?

No way.

But, nice try!

Thou shalt not be a victim.
    Thou shalt not be a perpetrator.
    Above all, thou shalt not be a bystander.
    -inscription at the Holocaust Museum in DC

Quote Originally Posted by MaedchenX View Post
    Yes, but then again I also believe that the Patriot Act also needs to be overhauled/eradicated.
    I think the Sunshine Law is fine and I have truly appreciated being able to see how professional and detailed LE has handled their portion. The Patriot Act I find to be in violation of the constitution and would love to see it burned.

Quote Originally Posted by sleutherontheside View Post
    After this case has become a nationwide if not worldwide obsession, do you believe that the state of Florida should consider ammending their very liberal Sunshine State Laws??
    Nope. I like coming to my own conclusions - I like to read it for myself.
    Faxing death threats to a location near you!

i dont think it should be changed except that it shouldnt have allowed reporters to webcam the anthonys

Quote Originally Posted by sleutherontheside View Post
    Great question. One I've been pondering since reading CA's mom's emails. Very strange getting SO MUCH INFO before there is even a trial. Look at all the "players" in this case who have posted here. Yuri, TM, the Grunds, searchers, friends.... the list goes on. I have never seen anything like this... then again, I haven't followed such a huge case in the state of FLA either. It was nothing like this during Laci's case (my hometown.) Can you imagine if we had this kind of SSLaw in CA during the OJ case? I can't even wrap my head around it.

Being a true crime junkie and a regular WSer I like all the doc dumps, but I also kept telling my DH that I can't believe all this is coming out BEFORE the trial. This is just obscene.

I am going to hold off on my opinion about ammending the law until after the trial. I just need to see how this all pans out.

Great question though!!

You all are forgetting that the vast majority of the material released in this case has been in discovery documents, which would be available to the public anyway. No one has to file a FOIA request to get access to court records.

"She's Going Places," A Tribute Song For Caylee Anthony
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLudQC0MBJU

https://youtu.be/oUR86bnKLaI
    White Lion - When The Children Cry

http://https://youtu.be/nLh5vbBLpxI
    Jason Michael Carroll's 'Alyssa Lies' **** Please help stop domestic violence****

https://youtu.be/KtNYA4pAGjI
    Martina McBride's official music video for 'Concrete Angel'
    **** Madison Matters = miss you angel baby Love you so much!!!*******

The "State in the Sunshine Law" has it's place. It is needed for transparency in government proceedings ... I think what you will hear about, after this case, is the interpretation of the Sunshine Laws. I can see a high court ruling to refine and narrow its scope ... eventually.
    Clue: Satsuma Edition

It was the psycho-sicko in the trailer park with a brick-o-block!

"Admit nothing, deny everything and make counter accusations" ~ "inside" motto of the CIA and the entire Anthony family!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can't believe she is 4!!

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast