1112 users online (235 members and 877 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

George's Possible "Suicide" Letter

I haven't seen a thread on this but if there is, roll this on over.

We don't know if the alledged five page "suicide" letter will be released or not but this is what I see available so far:

http://www.news-journalonline.com/Ne...EAST012409.htm

The note, however, was confusing and didn't exactly indicate George Anthony wanted to end his life, sources said. The note was not released Friday by Orange County investigators.

In the first few lines of the missive, Anthony bemoans the death of the 2-year-old whose remains were found last month in a wooded area near the Anthonys' home. He also mentioned he would have liked to take his granddaughter to school and shoot hoops with her, sources said.

Saying he could no longer take the pressure, Anthony also said he hoped to someday be in heaven with Caylee, sources said.

But then in the second paragraph, George Anthony focused on his son, Lee, his son's girlfriend and how beautiful she is, his wife, Cindy Anthony, and Caylee's mother, Casey, who is in custody at the Orange County jail.

George Anthony said his 22-year-old daughter is beautiful, smart and a strong woman.

Near the end of the letter, George Anthony also wrote he had taken several pills and was not making much sense, sources said.
    "Leave her to heaven and to those thorns that in her bosom lodge to prick and sting her."
    Hamlet by William Shakespeare

In context, the quote was meant to advise against revenge but in the Anthony case,
    I offer it to the parents as advice to "leave her to Heaven" and cease their ill-placed protection.

channel 9 also reported that they will tell us about the text messages. Wow.

now, this is what I don't like. That note and the texts are private and personal and should stay that way! so unfair to GA. my heart breaks for him.

Attempting suicide is a crime. As such the documents become public record. That's how it works in my county any way.

And if everything was kept private, then why is there even a WS to begin with? Isn't that why we're all here? To speculate and discuss every aspect of a crime.

As I was drifting in and out of sleep last night, I heard the guy who drove GA to the hospital say (on either NG or JVM last night) that George had definitely said his goodbyes.

As nibby as I am, and would like to read the it, I don't think that GA's suicide note should be released to the public, unless it had something in it that says that he knows something or relays that he feels that KC did kill Caylee, making it case-related.

If only we could push back the hands of time . . .

http://www.wftv.com/news/18545717/detail.html#-

Sources told Eyewitness News, in the letter, George mentioned that he wanted to go to heaven; he only mentioned Casey Anthony a few times and said she was a strong determined person.

Sources said George focused the letter mainly on Caylee, Cindy, Lee and Lee's girlfriend, Mallory; he told Cindy he was a failure as a husband and a father and went on to say Lee was a great son and he was proud of the man he had become.

Sources said there were no clues into Caylee's death mentioned in the letter.

http://www.wesh.com/caseyanthony/18546075/detail.html

Investigators said the eight-page note indicated George Anthony was at the end of his rope, and that once he was gone, his family would have a better life. He wrote about how strong his daughter, Casey Anthony, is and said he doesn't believe she hurt her daughter, Caylee.

However, he did make dark, veiled references to his daughter's friends.

George Anthony also wrote in the letter that his wife, Cindy, could do better than him. He also wrote about his son, Lee Anthony.
    "Leave her to heaven and to those thorns that in her bosom lodge to prick and sting her."

In context, the quote was meant to advise against revenge but in the Anthony case,
    I offer it to the parents as advice to "leave her to Heaven" and cease their ill-placed protection.

Quote Originally Posted by Tichad3 View Post
    Attempting suicide is a crime. As such the documents become public record. That's how it works in my county any way.

And if everything was kept private, then why is there even a WS to begin with? Isn't that why we're all here? To speculate and discuss every aspect of a crime.

my bold.

Touche.

I just feel one's personal breakdown should not have to be public, a la britney spears....

if the note had admitted some kind of guilt in caylee's death I could understand, but it isn't and should be considered personal. one more crappy situation they can all thank KC for.

I am interested in the "dark veiled references" to Casey's friends. I hear a bus coming down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by 2goldfish View Post
    now, this is what I don't like. That note and the texts are private and personal and should stay that way! so unfair to GA. my heart breaks for him.
    i agree geez this is going way too far if they publish those letters .. now those arnt related to the case since they allegedly have no info about it .so how would the press have any right what so ever to publish those .. ?

Quote Originally Posted by Tichad3 View Post

well i wonder if its worth living anymore if every single aspect of a persons life is everyone elses .. where is that persons right to privacy and freedom to express his feelings ? im sorry but not everything in a persons life is our or anyone elses business .. imho

I agree. George's letters and text messages should not be available for public consumption. They have nothing to do with Caylee's murder. Even if he did confess knowledge, that should only be brought up in trial, if allowed in at all. IMO, this crosses the line.

Quote Originally Posted by zadari View Post
    well i wonder if its worth living anymore if every single aspect of a persons life is everyone elses .. where is that persons right to privacy and freedom to express his feelings ? im sorry but not everything in a persons life is our or anyone elses business .. imho

The freedom was taken away when he committed the crime of attempting suicide. Not to mention all the things he has done and said to LE about Caylee's disappearance and murder.

When you commit a crime your freedoms are taken away. That is the justice system in this great country.

Whether we like it or not, details about the letter are and probably will continue to come out. They are in the news. I think we are allowed to discuss the news within the TOS.

Quote Originally Posted by Everly View Post
    I am interested in the "dark veiled references" to Casey's friends. I hear a bus coming down the road.
    I hope for GA's sake and freedom the hospital found large amounts of whatever drug he says he took in his blood stream. If not...?????

I honestly cannot believe this is even being discussed.
    He deserves some privacy imo at this time.

Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast