1192 users online (239 members and 953 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16
  1. #1

    Picture/Drawingboard...which is it?

    http://www.jameson245.com/48hours2.htm
    John Ramsey: "What I do know is that we didn't kill our daughter, so let's look at the rest of the picture, guys."

    http://msnbc.msn.com/id/3079093/
    ‘I don’t give a flying flip how scientific it is. Go back to the damn drawing board. I didn’t do it. John Ramsey didn’t do it, and we don’t have a clue of anybody who did do it. Quit screwing around asking me about things that are ridiculous and let’s find the person that did this.’

    — PATSY RAMSEY

    And in a June 1998 police interrogation of the Ramseys, police seem to suggest that the DNA does incriminate them.

    Police: “If I told you right now that we have — in the process of being examined — trace evidence that appears to link you to the death of JonBenet, what would you tell me?”

    Patsy: “That’s totally impossible. Go re-test.”

    Police: “How is it impossible?”

    Patsy: “I did not kill my child. I didn’t have a thing to do with it.”

    Police: “I’m talking about scientific evidence.”

    Patsy: “I don’t give a flying flip how scientific it is. Go back to the damn drawing board. I didn’t do it. John Ramsey didn’t do it, and we don’t have a

    ...read on (url posted above) for further info (911 record call included)...


    ...LET'S PRAY/THINK GOOD THOUGHTS(on the weather here of course?!!!) LOL+/-

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    753
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazeboy3

    Patsy: “I did not kill my child. I didn’t have a thing to do with it.”
    Psalms 109:27 Let them know that it is your hand, that you yourself have done it.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    129
    Sorry Blaze, you lost me, I don't get your point. Care to elaborate?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    West Coast of Canada
    Posts
    6,306
    If I recall this was an investigative technique only- it wasnt true that they had trace evidence-I recall this from one of the programs done on it..

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    2,199

    Fiber evidence

    Here are excerpts from a 48 Hours episode featuring the Ramseys. Thanks to ACandyRose for the link. http://www.acandyrose.com/10042002-48hrs.htm

    Erin Moriarty: (Voice Over) "With John, prosecutors asked questions mostly about leads he had uncovered on other suspects but with Patsy interrogators were more accusatory suggesting they had new evidence, clothing fibers that would tie her directly to the murder."

    Bruce Levin: (Atlanta meeting taped August 29, 2000 9:34am) "You were shown photographed wearing a red out..."

    Patsy Ramsey: (Atlanta meeting taped August 29, 2000 9:34am) "It's kind of a black and red and gray fleece"

    Erin Moriarty: (Voice Over) "Bruce Levin of the Boulder's district attorneys office led the questioning"

    Bruce Levin: (Atlanta meeting taped August 29, 2000 9:34am) "Mrs. Ramsey, I have scientific evidence from forensic scientists that say there are fibers in the paint tray that match your red jacket"

    (Program showing background shots of paint tray, garrote and hair stuck in rope)

    Erin Moriarty: (Voice Over) "The paint tray is significant because a brush from it along with some rope was used to strangle and sexually abuse JonBenet. "

    Bruce Levin : (Atlanta meeting taped August 29, 2000 9:34am) (Patsy was smiling through all of this) "We believe the fibers from her jacket were found in the paint tray, found tied into the ligature found on JonBenet's neck, was found on the blanket she was wrapped in, was found on the duct tape that was found on the mouth. I have no evidence from any scientist that suggest that those fibers are from any source other than your red jacket."

    Lin Wood: (Atlanta meeting taped August 29, 2000 9:34am) "Well, come on, what other sources did they test."

    Erin Moriarty: (Voice Over) "Patsy's attorney, Lin Wood asked prosecutors to produce the evidence and when they wouldn't he refused to let Patsy go on the record. But she did go on the record with us."

    Erin Moriarty: (Talking to Patsy) "What do you think about these fibers?"

    Patsy Ramsey: "After John discovered the body and she was brought to the living room. I laid eyes on her; I knelt down and hugged her. But I was, had my whole body on her body. My sweater fibers or whatever I had on that morning are going to transfer to her clothing."


    ~~~

    Erin Moriarty: (Voice Over) "But what about the fibers from Patsy Ramsey's jacket that police say were in the paint tray and on the sticky side of duct tape covering JonBenet's mouth. Is it a fact that there were fibers consistent with Patsy Ramsey's jacket incriminating?"

    Lou Smit: "Sure."

    Erin Moriarty: "But does that shake your faith that the Ramsey's were not involved?"

    Lou Smit: "No, you just can't rely on fiber evidence because fibers could come off the jacket or something similar to the jacket."


    I thought it was interesting that in the same episode, a voice-over is played (from the 2000 Atlanta meeting) of Michael Kane (presumably him) saying to Patsy, "If ever there was going to be an intruder on trial, the defense is going to be that you did it."

    I agree that there may not be enough evidence to indict Patsy, but in light of the above quote, if an "intruder" is ever brought to trial, I think you-know-what might hit the fan and splatter her good.

    imo

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    394
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy
    Here are excerpts from a 48 Hours episode featuring the Ramseys. Thanks to ACandyRose for the link. http://www.acandyrose.com/10042002-48hrs.htm

    Bruce Levin : (Atlanta meeting taped August 29, 2000 9:34am) (Patsy was smiling through all of this) "We believe the fibers from her jacket were found in the paint tray, found tied into the ligature found on JonBenet's neck, was found on the blanket she was wrapped in, was found on the duct tape that was found on the mouth. I have no evidence from any scientist that suggest that those fibers are from any source other than your red jacket."
    ~~~~
    Erin Moriarty: (Talking to Patsy) "What do you think about these fibers?"

    Patsy Ramsey: "After John discovered the body and she was brought to the living room. I laid eyes on her; I knelt down and hugged her. But I was, had my whole body on her body. My sweater fibers or whatever I had on that morning are going to transfer to her clothing."
    And no one ever answers the question ...

    how does Patsy doing a spread eagle on JonBenet UPSTAIRS explain fibers from her red jacket being found in the paint tote stored in the BASEMENT, and on the duct tape that was also left in the BASEMENT?

  7. #7

    Cheri baybeeee

    Didn't you know they magically flew off John Ramsey's clothes as he searched the basement for his daughter?

    Whew get with the Borg!

  8. #8

    Odd choice of words

    Considering Patsy was concerned about her paintings after JB's death. Rope, tape have anything to do with it?
    Last edited by Nedthan Johns; 05-26-2004 at 01:16 PM.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    2,199
    Lou Smit was asked about that in the next interview segment and though he agreed ("Sure.") that the fibers in the paint tote and on the duct tape appeared to incriminate Patsy, he brushed it off, denying that his faith in the Rs was shaken because of a few silly fibers that could have come from something other than Patsy's jacket. Sheesh.

    I think the Rs use the "you can't prove the fibers are from Patsy's jacket" line of defense to fend off questions pertaining to the fibers in the paint tote and on the tape (not to mention tied into the ligature knot), and that's how they avoid being pinned down.

    imo

  10. #10

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by Cherokee
    And no one ever answers the question ...

    how does Patsy doing a spread eagle on JonBenet UPSTAIRS explain fibers from her red jacket being found in the paint tote stored in the BASEMENT, and on the duct tape that was also left in the BASEMENT?
    YUP!...must be because they are PAID too NOT ANSWER!!!; ??? IMHO any child of 3, 4, 5, or even my 6 yrs old along with a "few live brain cells" could figure that one out in a heartbeat/ second /nano minute /etc... totally
    IMHO IT'S A 'NO-BRAINER!'///

    OH I GET IT ... PATSY has a TWIN??? LOL


  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Nedthan Johns
    Considering Patsy was concerned about her paintings after JB's death. Rope, tape have anything to do with it?
    Good ?; IMHO I'm sure it does...what does that painting of hers REALLY SAY/STATE...I remember the "3 windows"... didn't her basement have those same "3 windows"???

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy
    Here are excerpts from a 48 Hours episode featuring the Ramseys. Thanks to ACandyRose for the link. http://www.acandyrose.com/10042002-48hrs.htm

    Erin Moriarty: (Voice Over) "With John, prosecutors asked questions mostly about leads he had uncovered on other suspects but with Patsy interrogators were more accusatory suggesting they had new evidence, clothing fibers that would tie her directly to the murder."

    Bruce Levin: (Atlanta meeting taped August 29, 2000 9:34am) "You were shown photographed wearing a red out..."

    Patsy Ramsey: (Atlanta meeting taped August 29, 2000 9:34am) "It's kind of a black and red and gray fleece"

    Erin Moriarty: (Voice Over) "Bruce Levin of the Boulder's district attorneys office led the questioning"

    Bruce Levin: (Atlanta meeting taped August 29, 2000 9:34am) "Mrs. Ramsey, I have scientific evidence from forensic scientists that say there are fibers in the paint tray that match your red jacket"

    (Program showing background shots of paint tray, garrote and hair stuck in rope)

    Erin Moriarty: (Voice Over) "The paint tray is significant because a brush from it along with some rope was used to strangle and sexually abuse JonBenet. "

    Bruce Levin : (Atlanta meeting taped August 29, 2000 9:34am) (Patsy was smiling through all of this) "We believe the fibers from her jacket were found in the paint tray, found tied into the ligature found on JonBenet's neck, was found on the blanket she was wrapped in, was found on the duct tape that was found on the mouth. I have no evidence from any scientist that suggest that those fibers are from any source other than your red jacket."

    Lin Wood: (Atlanta meeting taped August 29, 2000 9:34am) "Well, come on, what other sources did they test."

    Erin Moriarty: (Voice Over) "Patsy's attorney, Lin Wood asked prosecutors to produce the evidence and when they wouldn't he refused to let Patsy go on the record. But she did go on the record with us."

    Erin Moriarty: (Talking to Patsy) "What do you think about these fibers?"

    Patsy Ramsey: "After John discovered the body and she was brought to the living room. I laid eyes on her; I knelt down and hugged her. But I was, had my whole body on her body. My sweater fibers or whatever I had on that morning are going to transfer to her clothing."


    ~~~

    Erin Moriarty: (Voice Over) "But what about the fibers from Patsy Ramsey's jacket that police say were in the paint tray and on the sticky side of duct tape covering JonBenet's mouth. Is it a fact that there were fibers consistent with Patsy Ramsey's jacket incriminating?"

    Lou Smit: "Sure."

    Erin Moriarty: "But does that shake your faith that the Ramsey's were not involved?"

    Lou Smit: "No, you just can't rely on fiber evidence because fibers could come off the jacket or something similar to the jacket."


    I thought it was interesting that in the same episode, a voice-over is played (from the 2000 Atlanta meeting) of Michael Kane (presumably him) saying to Patsy, "If ever there was going to be an intruder on trial, the defense is going to be that you did it."

    I agree that there may not be enough evidence to indict Patsy, but in light of the above quote, if an "intruder" is ever brought to trial, I think you-know-what might hit the fan and splatter her good.

    imo
    WOW what team (Ramsey) work...Patsy finds the RANSOM NOTE and John finds the BODY OF JONBENET...totally TEAM RAMSEY!

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by sadiesue
    Sorry Blaze, you lost me, I don't get your point. Care to elaborate?
    Sorry too!; no intent in losing anyone for any reason...it's that ole Omaha Nebraska mostest-moody weather ya know>?

    I'll try and elaborate (IMHO): John/Patsy are actors playing their part the best they can because they don't know how to "show face/be what they REALLY ARE" because it's to 'shameful in their eyes/mind' of what OTHERS WOULD THINK OF THEM/THEIRS ... SO THEY 'FAKE IT TO MAKE IT' ... are you with me?

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    753
    I took it as John wanting the lion to lose the lame zebra by having it look at the herd of zebras and Patsy's remark as "let's all get in my creative world" where there is no objective reality.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by BrotherMoon
    I took it as John wanting the lion to lose the lame zebra by having it look at the herd of zebras and Patsy's remark as "let's all get in my creative world" where there is no objective reality.
    You got/get it! Here's an interesting thread (power of 3) regarding 2 (3?) THREE versions from Patsy the day after...it's like "ok folks--take your/any pick--and we'll run with it because you can't believe we could do such a ......... thing (fill in the blank at your choice) ... so there! ...
    http://www.geocities.com/CapitolHill...mer4_time.html
    * According to Vanity Fair, Patsy told French 2 versions:

    (1) she went to wake JonBenét up, found her missing, then found the note on the stairs;

    (2) she found the note when she went downstairs to make coffee and then checked on JonBenét. In the documentary produced by Michael Tracey, she told version

    (3), that she went down the spiral stairs after getting some clothes together in the laundry cupboard outside JonBenét's room.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast