1085 users online (215 members and 870 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Britney Spears New Song Title Too Nasty For Radio

"If you seek Amy." Said fast, it sounds like f-*-c-k me.

Warning: If you say the title to Britney Spears' new single really fast, it sounds like you're saying something really nasty.
    The song "If U Seek Amy," from Spears' #1 comeback album "Circus," is apparently too much of a double entendre for many radio stations to even touch.
    “We plan to play an edited, super-clean version,” Tom Poleman, senior vice president of programming for Clear Channel, tells The New York Daily News. “We’re just waiting for a good edit.”
    more: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,482004,00.html

looking at the lyrics, it seems like that is what it is supposed to sound like:

Love me, hate me
    Say what you want about me
    But all of the boys and all of the girls are begging to If U Seek Amy

Quote Originally Posted by White Rain View Post
    looking at the lyrics, it seems like that is what it is supposed to sound like:

Love me, hate me
    Say what you want about me
    But all of the boys and all of the girls are begging to If U Seek Amy
    Yeah, if those are the lyrics then they are clearly meant to make people think that. They make no sense, otherwise. I can't imagine my station playing it, just to avoid the calls asking about it, lol. But I also don't see how there could be a "super clean" edited version and still have it make sense? You'd have to take out the entire title of the song every time it came up.

Her follow up to her #1 Womanizer, called "Circus" (title track to the album) bombed, so maybe she is releasing this one to get more attention. It's the kind of song that's fine on an album, but you wouldn't normally release it as a single, geez.

Follow me on the Twitter! @EricDiesel1972

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

Oh great. I bought this for my daughter for Christmas. She didn't mention this song specifically, she just said that half the CD is great, and half is horrible w/nothing in between.
    Check out updated daily: Tricia's Tidbits

Some days I feel like a tumbleweed blowing in the wind....

Quote Originally Posted by TopGunner View Post
    Oh great. I bought this for my daughter for Christmas. She didn't mention this song specifically, she just said that half the CD is great, and half is horrible w/nothing in between.
    I wonder if she thought If You Seek Amy was one of the great ones? LOL!

Follow me on the Twitter! @EricDiesel1972

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

I'm sorry but why is her song too nasty when you can turn on a top 40 station or some of the rap stations that'll make you blush (or worse) just listening to the first couple of lines?
    So many songs lately I've heard on the radio and liked. Only to hear it a second time and realize that the lyrics are completely vulgar.

I think they just look for things to complain about Britney.

I know there is so much worse music out there. My 19yo listens to some I gag over. So this makes no sense why they do this to her?

If she is acting out bad - she is talked about.
    If she does right - they still try to find wrong.

Some of her other songs much earlier implied ranchy stuff too but was it ever spoke of? (The one that I can think of right off is I am a slave for you)

I think they just like talking on Brit

"She's Going Places," A Tribute Song For Caylee Anthony
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLudQC0MBJU

https://youtu.be/oUR86bnKLaI
    White Lion - When The Children Cry

https://youtu.be/nLh5vbBLpxI
    Jason Michael Carroll's 'Alyssa Lies' **** Please help stop domestic violence****

https://youtu.be/KtNYA4pAGjI
    Martina McBride's official music video for 'Concrete Angel'
    **** Madison Matters = miss you angel baby Love you so much!!!*******

Quote Originally Posted by TopGunner View Post
    It is better than Sofa King.

Quote Originally Posted by JBean View Post
    It is better than Sofa King.
    >
    And cork soakers, or Colonel Angus!!
    LOL!

TBH = Doting Father, Loving & Faithful Husband, Volunteer FF/EMT, Steward of the Land, Patriot, Athiest.

I like the song for the music, not what the lyrics say or imply. I'm a prude on a lot of things... and yeah, the title is crass: but overall the song, in context of beat/music score, is pretty catchy.

Quote Originally Posted by *~Aimee~* View Post
    Some of her other songs much earlier implied ranchy stuff too but was it ever spoke of? (The one that I can think of right off is I am a slave for you)
    See thats where i see a difference. Alot of songs imply raunchy sexual things but none of them come out and clearly say F*** ME ( as far as on the radio). Thats a bit much, imo.
    Happiness is the secret to all beauty.
    There is no beauty that is attractive
    Without happiness.
    ♥Christian Dior ♥

Quote Originally Posted by KansasCutie View Post
    See thats where i see a difference. Alot of songs imply raunchy sexual things but none of them come out and clearly say F*** ME ( as far as on the radio). Thats a bit much, imo.
    Mmm, you haven't listened to some of the rap stations. Of course, they bleep them out but they're still there. Listen to Lil' Wayne. I guess they make a big deal out of it because you expect that from rappers and you don't from Brittney Spears.

This poor girl is damned if she does, and damned if she doesn't.

BTW, I just saw one of her videos. She's absolutely beautiful. I hope this is the beginning of her getting her life on track and being able to be a good mom to those little boys.

Quote Originally Posted by lizzybeth View Post
    Mmm, you haven't listened to some of the rap stations. Of course, they bleep them out but they're still there. Listen to Lil' Wayne. I guess they make a big deal out of it because you expect that from rappers and you don't from Brittney Spears.

This poor girl is damned if she does, and damned if she doesn't.

BTW, I just saw one of her videos. She's absolutely beautiful. I hope this is the beginning of her getting her life on track and being able to be a good mom to those little boys.
    Lil' Wayne is my favorite. I just went to his concert 2 weeks ago. I listen to rap stations all the time. Im pretty sure none of his songs currently on the radio come out and say "f*** me".
    Happiness is the secret to all beauty.
    There is no beauty that is attractive
    Without happiness.
    ♥Christian Dior ♥

I think this is funny! What about the titles to Van Halen albums "OU812" or
    For
    Unlawful
    Carnal
    Knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by adnoid View Post
    Nice work, "mom". After the trauma the poor girl had to endure due to that spotlight-stealing fruit.

!!!

LOL.....
    Check out updated daily: Tricia's Tidbits

Some days I feel like a tumbleweed blowing in the wind....

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast