Britney Spears New Song Title Too Nasty For Radio

White Rain

Reaction score
"If you seek Amy." Said fast, it sounds like f-*-c-k me.

Warning: If you say the title to Britney Spears' new single really fast, it sounds like you're saying something really nasty.
The song "If U Seek Amy," from Spears' #1 comeback album "Circus," is apparently too much of a double entendre for many radio stations to even touch.
“We plan to play an edited, super-clean version,” Tom Poleman, senior vice president of programming for Clear Channel, tells The New York Daily News. “We’re just waiting for a good edit.”
more: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,482004,00.html

looking at the lyrics, it seems like that is what it is supposed to sound like:

Love me, hate me
Say what you want about me
But all of the boys and all of the girls are begging to If U Seek Amy

looking at the lyrics, it seems like that is what it is supposed to sound like:

Love me, hate me
But all of the boys and all of the girls are begging to If U Seek Amy

Yeah, if those are the lyrics then they are clearly meant to make people think that. They make no sense, otherwise. I can't imagine my station playing it, just to avoid the calls asking about it, lol. But I also don't see how there could be a "super clean" edited version and still have it make sense? You'd have to take out the entire title of the song every time it came up.

Her follow up to her #1 Womanizer, called "Circus" (title track to the album) bombed, so maybe she is releasing this one to get more attention. It's the kind of song that's fine on an album, but you wouldn't normally release it as a single, geez.

Oh great. I bought this for my daughter for Christmas. She didn't mention this song specifically, she just said that half the CD is great, and half is horrible w/nothing in between.

Oh great. I bought this for my daughter for Christmas. She didn't mention this song specifically, she just said that half the CD is great, and half is horrible w/nothing in between.

I wonder if she thought If You Seek Amy was one of the great ones? LOL! :crazy:

I'm sorry but why is her song too nasty when you can turn on a top 40 station or some of the rap stations that'll make you blush (or worse) just listening to the first couple of lines?
So many songs lately I've heard on the radio and liked. Only to hear it a second time and realize that the lyrics are completely vulgar.

I think they just look for things to complain about Britney.

I know there is so much worse music out there. My 19yo listens to some I gag over. So this makes no sense why they do this to her?

If she is acting out bad - she is talked about.
If she does right - they still try to find wrong.

Some of her other songs much earlier implied ranchy stuff too but was it ever spoke of? (The one that I can think of right off is I am a slave for you) :waitasec::waitasec:

I think they just like talking on Brit

It is better than Sofa King.:)

I like the song for the music, not what the lyrics say or imply. I'm a prude on a lot of things... and yeah, the title is crass: but overall the song, in context of beat/music score, is pretty catchy.

Some of her other songs much earlier implied ranchy stuff too but was it ever spoke of? (The one that I can think of right off is I am a slave for you)

See thats where i see a difference. Alot of songs imply raunchy sexual things but none of them come out and clearly say *advertiser censored** ME ( as far as on the radio). Thats a bit much, imo.

See thats where i see a difference. Alot of songs imply raunchy sexual things but none of them come out and clearly say *advertiser censored** ME ( as far as on the radio). Thats a bit much, imo.

Mmm, you haven't listened to some of the rap stations. Of course, they bleep them out but they're still there. Listen to Lil' Wayne. I guess they make a big deal out of it because you expect that from rappers and you don't from Brittney Spears.

This poor girl is damned if she does, and damned if she doesn't.

BTW, I just saw one of her videos. She's absolutely beautiful. I hope this is the beginning of her getting her life on track and being able to be a good mom to those little boys.

Mmm, you haven't listened to some of the rap stations. Of course, they bleep them out but they're still there. Listen to Lil' Wayne. I guess they make a big deal out of it because you expect that from rappers and you don't from Brittney Spears.

BTW, I just saw one of her videos. She's absolutely beautiful. I hope this is the beginning of her getting her life on track and being able to be a good mom to those little boys.

Lil' Wayne is my favorite. I just went to his concert 2 weeks ago. I listen to rap stations all the time. Im pretty sure none of his songs currently on the radio come out and say "*advertiser censored** me".

I think this is funny! What about the titles to Van Halen albums "OU812" or
For
Unlawful
Carnal
Knowledge?

lala.gif
I think it is a pretty harmless tune.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWCWKQtD-EA

Yea there is. There are some very ranchy ones talking about sex and putting it in her etc... I gag when OJ turns up his radio sometimes. He is 19 and listens to a variety. The rap is the worse. When he wakes up I will get the titles and post some here for you to check out. This song has nothing on them. :crazy:

This is a excellent post. :clap::clap:

Has my son said last night so many can't stand that Brit is coming back stronger than ever.

6. If You Seek Amy

La, la, la, la-la, la, la, la

Oh baby, baby, have you seen Amy tonight?
Is she in the bathroom, is she smokin' up outside? (Oh!)
Oh baby, baby, does she take a piece of lime
For the drink that I'mma buy her, do you know just what she likes? (So)

Oh (Oh)
Tell me have you've seen her, cause I'm so (Oh)
I can't get her off of my brain
I just wanna go, to the party she gon' go
But can't somebody take me home?
Haha, hehe, haha, ho

[Chorus]
Love me, hate me
But can't you see what I see?
All of the boys and all of the girls are begging to if you seek Amy
Love me, hate me
Oh but can't you see what I see?
Love me, hate me

Oh baby, baby, have you seen Amy tonight?
Is she in the bathroom, is she smokin' up outside? (Oh!)
Oh baby, baby, does she take a piece of lime
For the drink that I'mma buy her, do you know just what she likes? (So)

Oh (Oh)
Tell me have you've seen her, cause I'm so (Oh)
I can't get her off of my brain
I just wanna go, to the party she gon' go
But can't somebody take me home?
Haha, hehe, haha, ho

[Chorus]
Love me, hate me
But can't you see what I see?
Love me, hate me
Oh but can't you see what I see?
Love me, hate me