1134 users online (225 members and 909 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

New fingerprint machine developed in England

Dr John Bond of England has developed a fingerprint machine that is able to pull latent prints of shell casings when conventional methods fail. Dr Bond's machine works by charging the case with 2000+ Volts, then pouring a fine black powder over it, the charge causing the powder to stick. This technique works by finding permanent changes in the metal due to handling, and has brought new evidence to several old cases already.

This information curtsey of the BBC 1-24-09

OSBI needs to send a casing right on over to them!
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.

What I post are my opinions only.

Not to keep repeating ..but The OSBI did not want their help..Remember when Scotland Yard offered their help and OSBI turned them down!!
    "This isn't who they are. It is only what happened to them."
    Jaycee Dugard

They are worried about their rep, I guess! I cannot imagine why they would turn down help from one of the most experienced agencies in the world. GRRRR!
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.

What I post are my opinions only.

Quote Originally Posted by USARDOG View Post
    Dr John Bond of England has developed a fingerprint machine that is able to pull latent prints of shell casings when conventional methods fail. Dr Bond's machine works by charging the case with 2000+ Volts, then pouring a fine black powder over it, the charge causing the powder to stick. This technique works by finding permanent changes in the metal due to handling, and has brought new evidence to several old cases already.

This information curtsey of the BBC 1-24-09
    I heard about this about a week or so ago on the Discover ID channel I think. I remember my brother always cleaning his guns with a polish rag, because finger prints rust and eat at the finish on the gun.

This is a private Dr, and not connected with any agancy. They could send him a shell case just like sending one out to any other lab, but get the best results possible.

Lauren - CA is offline The purpose of life is a life of purpose. Robert Byrne
    Is there any way of getting a hold of this doctor and providing him with the information? Maybe he can contact OSBI to offer his services. I agree with GS, Scotland Yard offered their services and they were turned down. Why I wonder?

I never heard this.When did Scotland Yard offer assistance?Was it on the news or something?

New Fingerprint Breakthrough By Forensic Scientists

ScienceDaily (June 4, 2008) — Forensic scientists at the University of Leicester, working with Northamptonshire Police, have announced a major breakthrough in crime detection which could lead to hundreds of cold cases being reopened.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The University's Forensic Research Centre has been working with Northamptonshire Police's scientific support unit to develop new ways of taking fingerprints from a crime scene.

Researchers in the University Department of Chemistry and the Police's scientific support unit have developed the method that enables scientists to 'visualise fingerprints' even after the print itself has been removed. They conducted a study into the way fingerprints can corrode metal surfaces. The technique can enhance -- after firing-- a fingerprint that has been deposited on a small calibre metal cartridge case before it is fired.

Dr John Bond, Honorary Fellow at the University of Leicester and Scientific Support Manager at Northamptonshire Police said: "For the first time we can get prints from people who handled a cartridge before it was fired."

"Wiping it down, washing it in hot soapy water makes no difference - and the heat of the shot helps the process we use.

"The procedure works by applying an electric charge to a metal - say a gun or bullet - which has been coated in a fine conducting powder, similar to that used in photocopiers.

"Even if the fingerprint has been washed off, it leaves a slight corrosion on the metal and this attracts the powder when the charge is applied, so showing up a residual fingerprint.
    http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0602103331.htm
    Last edited by Tom'sGirl; 01-25-2009 at 10:36 PM. Reason: link added

Anyone know someone in the OSBI, or have a way to pass this info on to the OSBI?

Dr John Bond and his team have devised a new way to recover fingerprints

US detectives plan to use a new method of finding fingerprints developed by a forensic expert at the University of Leicester.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK-...00811315155114

Quote Originally Posted by USARDOG View Post
    Anyone know someone in the OSBI, or have a way to pass this info on to the OSBI?
    It appears from the link to the article I just posted that Texas is aware of Dr. Bond and he may be aiding them in a case.

Were the cases in a pile? Could the killers have been aware that fingerprints were very hard to lift from spent cases? Could they have been taunting police by piling them, thinking no finger prints could ever be recovered?

I don't think the casings were in a pile. That was from a dream that someone posted about. I will try to find the post and add a link.
    Wow. . technology is changing all the time!

Justice for Skyla & Taylor; BFF

Quote Originally Posted by Houndacres View Post
    I don't think the casings were in a pile. That was from a dream that someone posted about. I will try to find the post and add a link.
    Wow. . technology is changing all the time!
    You're right Houndacres, it was posted by Bern here in the Psychic Perspective thread.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast