Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    I began a thread in September about this new technology: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71328

Investigative agencies, many from the US, are lining up to have their cases' evidence examined..... I tend to give LE a lot of space, however 8 months after this crime, OSBI appears to be stumped. Was I naive to have expected a quick arrest in a small community exempt from anonymity in cities & suburbs? It may have been prudent early on for the investigation to hold their cards close, but likewise it seems past time to appeal to the public, even if it means revealing what they do know. The perp is likely local or known to someone local & I would think anyone would be happy to avenge the killer of children.... Do we know if OSBI has agents in Weleetka now or if there are any assigned to this murder only? If OSBI is not exploring every possible avenue, such as the advancement in UK of fingerprinting & continually asking for help from the public & local LE, something is horribly wrong.... my opinion.

Just airing another possibility. The locals may have already lifted fingerprints from the casings, but they don't match anyone. If the shooters haven't been in trouble with the law before, their fingerprints aren't likely to be on file.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom'sGirl View Post
    You're right Houndacres, it was posted by Bern here in the Psychic Perspective thread.
    Polite correction. The Psychic saw the cases stacked in the dream. They were not stacked. There are other references to their being in a pile. Rather than retype myself, here's one of my other posts on a possible reason for their being in a pile.

Quote Originally Posted by Bargle View Post
    The casings were not stacked. The stacked idea came from one of the posts in the Psychic thread made by Bern.
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...&postcount=291

There is mention of the cases found being in a pile and that one of the area TV videos showed them. Did anyone ever turn up this bit of video or any stills from it?

I'm going to indulge in a bit of speculation. If the piled casings were all one caliber and were from the smaller caliber gun, I think this might have happened. In case anyone hasn't caught my other posts on this (and with so much discussion, they're easy to miss), I think the smaller caliber gun was a .22. The autopsy reports describe the bullets as copper coated, not jacketed. This is an important distinction, as .22s are the only ones commonly coated, not jacketed. Anyway, if the smaller gun was a .22, it may well have been a .22 revolver. My idea is that the shooter with that gun emptied it into the 2 girls. Then he swung the cylinder open and dumped the casings at his feet so he could reload. The killers may have wanted to be ready to shoot again in case anyone came up before they could get away. The one with the .40 caliber could have simply inserted another clip, but the other, if he had a revolver, would have to empty it before he could reload. This scenario would explain the casings being in a pile without the shooters having to do anything special for them to be that way.
    Please note, this is just speculation. If it turns out the pile of casings were from both guns, then my idea is wrong. Same if the smaller caliber gun was a semi-auto or rifle.

Good thinking Bargle! Yes, a revolver would do exactly that.

Good thinking Bargle! Yes, a revolver would do exactly that. I have been shooting automatics so long I never would have throught of that.

Thanks Dog. That's the benefit of a large, active forum. Others to think of things you may have overlooked. I've been on both ends of it.
    Sorry to be so long in replying. For some reason, my browser was still showing me as the last poster, so I didn't realize you had responded.

Here is another article on Bond's fingerprint technique and all OSBI has to do is simply ask!! It is FREE and they don't turn down requests!:

Bond doesn't advertise his services, which he performs free of charge.

"All of the inquiries we've had from the U.S. police forces have all been initiated by them," he told CNN. "We never say no, so anybody who says, 'I've got some shell casings, we have some over 30 years old' -- we always say send them and we'll have a look."

http://edition.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/04...ingerprinting/
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.

What I post are my opinions only.

Thank you for the link, SS. I just printed the article and will mail it to OSBI, attention Ben R., tomorrow morning.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to XPA Magnet For This Useful Post:

Jim Farrow (Skyla's Grandfather) said "one of the TV stations showed shell casing's piled up in the road where it happened"

Hi, Sheza.

I thought I, too, saw a picture of shell casings piled up. But for the life of me, I can't find the article or video.

little726 there WAS a black-and-white photocopies of evidence - a boot print in the dirt taped on a bullentin board... I saw it! wasn't posted long.
    June 13 The Oklahoman John David Sutter was the reporter.. it was quickly removed.

Quote Originally Posted by sheza View Post
    Jim Farrow (Skyla's Grandfather) said "one of the TV stations showed shell casing's piled up in the road where it happened"
    Sheza, here is the article where Jimmy Farrow, mentions the shell casings in a pile; http://www.newsok.com/for-slain-girl...rticle/3256335

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to little726 For This Useful Post:

Ruflossn is offline "Silence is the most perfect expression of scorn.", ~ George Bernard Shaw ~
    Quote Originally Posted by little726 View Post
    Sheza, here is the article where Jimmy Farrow, mentions the shell casings in a pile; http://www.newsok.com/for-slain-girl...rticle/3256335
    little726~
    This is a great find. Thanks for taking the time to find it and post it!

Flossie

You are very welcomed.

I've been spending a lot of time going over everything from the beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by little726 View Post
    Hi Little:
    I was just rereading the articles you posted. In one section, it say the girls left to go for a walk at 5:00 P. M. In another it says, Mrs. Whitaker called at 5:08 P. M. to tell them she was coming to pick up her grandaughter. Mr. Placker went to find the girls as soon as he got the call.

If all of this is true as stated, there is only a time lapse of 8 minutes, scarcely time for two girls to be gunned down a short distance from the Placker house without someone hearing it.

I find this timeline extremely strange. Could Mr. Placker have known the girls were already dead and raced down there to meet Mrs. Whitaker? Somthing is funny with this timeline.

Am I going crazy? Was Mrs. Placker with her husband at that time? Was Mr. Placker or Uncle Joe wearing boots that day?
    YellowDog

These are my opinions only and should not be misconstrued as factual.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to YellowDog For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast