813 users online (146 members and 667 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 64 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

TX - Riley 'Baby Grace' Sawyers, 2, brutally murdered, Spring, 24 July 2007

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/5257997.html

The decomposing remains of a child have been found in a box in a remote area of Galveston Bay, officials said.

A fisherman spotted the box and reported it to the Galveston County Sheriff's Department around 10:38 p.m. Monday, sheriff's Maj. Ray Tuttoilmondo said in a statement today.

Investigators who went to the island several miles west-southwest of the Galveston Causeway confirmed the box contained human remains, apparently those of a child, Tuttoilmondo said.

Taking care to disturb the box's contents as little as possible, deputies transported it to the Galveston County medical examiner's office, where an autopsy to determine the child's identify and the cause of the child's death was expected to be conducted today.
    Last edited by Cubby; 12-23-2010 at 03:31 AM.

Oh no, not another one. It just breaks my heart to read about people disposing of children. Has anyone been reported missing in Galveston?

I am sick of people doing this. I hope they are found quickly and put away. Someone somewhere has to be missing this baby.
    Happy New Years

More details:

Sheriff's deputies confirmed the man's report and the primary results from the autopsy are that the body is that of a female child, between 2 and 5 years old with blonde hair. The Galveston County medical examiner found one or more scull fractures on the child, who is believed to have been dead for more than two weeks.
    The child was found with a matching top and skirt, possibly pink, with 3/4 inch sleeves. She was wearing size 2T Cherokee brand clothes. The shoes are white sneakers children's size 8 1/2 with purple heels that light up.

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?se...cal&id=5733756

So far I'm not finding anyone that young missing recently. If her family or caregivers haven't reported this baby missing, then they are probably the ones responsible.

Probably a mom/dad/boyfriend deal again. That poor baby. RIP little girl.

I didn't click on this thread all day because I thought it was about the really old case of an unidentified (boy?) child found in a box. Sad that there is another one.

I don't understand what makes someone think this is OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Taximom View Post
    Probably a mom/dad/boyfriend deal again. That poor baby. RIP little girl.

I didn't click on this thread all day because I thought it was about the really old case of an unidentified (boy?) child found in a box. Sad that there is another one.
    That's what I thought too. I don't know why I must be thinking of another case.

Quote Originally Posted by SuziQ View Post
    The child was found with a matching top and skirt, possibly pink, with 3/4 inch sleeves. She was wearing size 2T Cherokee brand clothes. The shoes are white sneakers children's size 8 1/2 with purple heels that light up.
    It's these details that make me cry

more details:

A preliminary autopsy report completed Tuesday indicated one or more skull fractures, but further examination is needed to determine the time and cause of death, he said.

"The mere fact that this is a 3- to 5-year-old child makes this one disturbing," Tuttoilmondo said. "These are the kind of cases we take personally."

The decomposing body was found on a marshy sandbar in an area known as Greens Cut where there is a break in the barrier separating West Galveston Bay from the Intracoastal Waterway. Tuttoilmondo estimated the cut is about five miles southwest of the causeway.

The girl had blond hair reaching to the middle of her back, was 32-34 inches tall and 25-30 pounds, Tuttoilmondo said. She was wearing a matching pink top and skirt. The top was a pullover with three-quarter length sleeves and the bottom was a broom skirt.

She wore white tennis shoes, size 8, with Velcro closures, purple designs and LED lights.

Tuttoilmondo said investigators also would be looking for evidence on the body, such as hairs and fibers. Anyone with information should call the Sheriff's Department at 409-766-2222 or 866-248-8477.

This is so sad. I am guessing the parents did this. Hopefully a family member will see it and question things. That is how the identities of Princess Doe, and the little angel with the coat with pink hearts were found - family members spoke up.

The description of this child is my daughter to a T. :*( Right down to the blond hair to middle of back and the clothes.

I haven't seen anything on this in the media except for on here. TIA for any updates.

So sad. Hope they identify her soon.

If this little girl was wearing a size 2 T and size 8 1/2 shoe I'd say she is closer to the age of 2 If she really is 3 -5 and only weighed 25 to 30 pounds then somebody must not have been feeding her very well. My 2 year old grandson is that size I can't imagine an older child being that thin. She must have been abused.

These stories ALWAYS sicken me!!! Who could kill and throw away a sweet baby like that!!!???

Page 1 of 64 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast