GUILTY TX - Riley 'Baby Grace' Sawyers, 2, brutally murdered, Spring, 24 July 2007

jodierenee

websleuth addict
Reaction score
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/5257997.html

The decomposing remains of a child have been found in a box in a remote area of Galveston Bay, officials said.

A fisherman spotted the box and reported it to the Galveston County Sheriff's Department around 10:38 p.m. Monday, sheriff's Maj. Ray Tuttoilmondo said in a statement today.

Investigators who went to the island several miles west-southwest of the Galveston Causeway confirmed the box contained human remains, apparently those of a child, Tuttoilmondo said.

Taking care to disturb the box's contents as little as possible, deputies transported it to the Galveston County medical examiner's office, where an autopsy to determine the child's identify and the cause of the child's death was expected to be conducted today.

Oh no, not another one. It just breaks my heart to read about people disposing of children. Has anyone been reported missing in Galveston?

I am sick of people doing this. I hope they are found quickly and put away. Someone somewhere has to be missing this baby.

More details:

Sheriff's deputies confirmed the man's report and the primary results from the autopsy are that the body is that of a female child, between 2 and 5 years old with blonde hair. The Galveston County medical examiner found one or more scull fractures on the child, who is believed to have been dead for more than two weeks.
The child was found with a matching top and skirt, possibly pink, with 3/4 inch sleeves. She was wearing size 2T Cherokee brand clothes. The shoes are white sneakers children's size 8 1/2 with purple heels that light up.

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=local&id=5733756

So far I'm not finding anyone that young missing recently. If her family or caregivers haven't reported this baby missing, then they are probably the ones responsible.

Probably a mom/dad/boyfriend deal again. That poor baby. RIP little girl.

I didn't click on this thread all day because I thought it was about the really old case of an unidentified (boy?) child found in a box. Sad that there is another one.

Probably a mom/dad/boyfriend deal again. That poor baby. RIP little girl.

I didn't click on this thread all day because I thought it was about the really old case of an unidentified (boy?) child found in a box. Sad that there is another one.

That's what I thought too. I don't know why I must be thinking of another case.

The child was found with a matching top and skirt, possibly pink, with 3/4 inch sleeves. She was wearing size 2T Cherokee brand clothes. The shoes are white sneakers children's size 8 1/2 with purple heels that light up.

It's these details that make me cry :(

more details:

A preliminary autopsy report completed Tuesday indicated one or more skull fractures, but further examination is needed to determine the time and cause of death, he said.

"The mere fact that this is a 3- to 5-year-old child makes this one disturbing," Tuttoilmondo said. "These are the kind of cases we take personally."

The decomposing body was found on a marshy sandbar in an area known as Greens Cut where there is a break in the barrier separating West Galveston Bay from the Intracoastal Waterway. Tuttoilmondo estimated the cut is about five miles southwest of the causeway.

The girl had blond hair reaching to the middle of her back, was 32-34 inches tall and 25-30 pounds, Tuttoilmondo said. She was wearing a matching pink top and skirt. The top was a pullover with three-quarter length sleeves and the bottom was a broom skirt.

She wore white tennis shoes, size 8½, with Velcro closures, purple designs and LED lights.

Tuttoilmondo said investigators also would be looking for evidence on the body, such as hairs and fibers. Anyone with information should call the Sheriff's Department at 409-766-2222 or 866-248-8477.

This is so sad. I am guessing the parents did this. Hopefully a family member will see it and question things. That is how the identities of Princess Doe, and the little angel with the coat with pink hearts were found - family members spoke up.

The description of this child is my daughter to a T. :*( Right down to the blond hair to middle of back and the clothes.

I haven't seen anything on this in the media except for on here. TIA for any updates.

:mad: If this little girl was wearing a size 2 T and size 8 1/2 shoe I'd say she is closer to the age of 2 If she really is 3 -5 and only weighed 25 to 30 pounds then somebody must not have been feeding her very well. My 2 year old grandson is that size I can't imagine an older child being that thin. She must have been abused. :mad:

These stories ALWAYS sicken me!!! Who could kill and throw away a sweet baby like that!!!???

:mad: If this little girl was wearing a size 2 T and size 8 1/2 shoe I'd say she is closer to the age of 2 If she really is 3 -5 and only weighed 25 to 30 pounds then somebody must not have been feeding her very well. My 2 year old grandson is that size I can't imagine an older child being that thin. She must have been abused. :mad:

I do need to respond to this :).

My DD just turned 3, and she is barely 23 pounds. In fact, I suspect she has lost a couple of ounces in the last couple of weeks. She probably would have been a tiny human regardless, but she has the added complication of having Crohn's Disease, an autoimmune disorder that affects the digestive system. We can feed her till the cows come home, but she still has a very hard time gaining unless she's on steroids for a flare (but another problem with Crohn's is that she sometimes has absolutely no appetite, so we can't even get much food in her at times).

We've gotten "those looks" before because DD is so tiny and thin, so we have to do a lot of education on the disease.

Having said all that, the baby in this case probably was mistreated and underfed, since she probably was killed by her "caregivers". But I did have to interject and say that pitifully skinny doesn't mean not fed well (or that the parents aren't trying), or abused.

Please read all that in the friendly tone it was written, not the snippy tone that it could be misinterpreted! :D
Lisa

i know there was already a response to this, but my dd is a healthy 3 and a half year old and wears alot of 2t stuff still...shes barely 27lbs but shes really tall for her age so she looks like a really skinny 4 year old...

we get that alot "wow shes so tiny?! shes 4 right!?"

and my dd is a size 8.5 - 9 shoe too

I agree that if there is in fact no matching missing child report that one or both parents may be involved in the horrific loss of this little girl. I avoided this thread until I finally felt I could stand to read it. This act and all of those like it sicken me beyond words. I know all of you dear posters feel the same way.

When I see the words baby Jane Doe, John Doe, or UID, it seems so impersonal--though none of us or LE mean for that to be. How do you feel about calling this precious child Princess Angel at least until her name in life can be given back to her?

Lion

My daughter is 4. She weighs 33 lb and wears 8 1/2- 9 1/2 shoes. She can wear 2T to 4T. And she is healthy.

My daughter just turned 5 a few weeks ago and she is 38lbs and about 38 inches tall(she was only 18.5 inches when born and 6.9lbs). She wears a size 9 1/2 shoe now, she is just small like her mommy and daddy....I am 5'1 and hubby is 5'8 barely. She was about 3 1/2 - 4 yrs old when she wore a 8 1/2 shoe and she could still wear some 2t clothes. All of my kids were able to wear 2t clothing at 3-3 1/2 yrs old. My son is 2 1/2 yrs old and can still wear alot of 18 month stuff......he is super short, but with height and weight chart he is perfect because he is the perfect weight for how short he is.

My son who is 2 1/2 wears about a size 7 1/2 shoe. He is about 26 lbs. and not real sure of the height but I could measure if need be.

I am really guessing this little angel girl was 3 1/2 yrs old.......I am going by all 3 of my kids which were on the smaller side....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OwlEyes
Back