If This Happened to You?

my_tee_mouse

Done. Put a Fork in Me.
Reaction score
If this whole situation happened to you...what would you do?

I don't want to give further specifics, because I'd like to see what people say they'd do at each step of the way. Suffice it to say that you are the parents of this girl and the grandparents of this child, and based on what you know...what would you do?

Personally I never would lie, never believed in lying.
My children knew from the beginning, I would never lie for them.
I would want my GD back dead or alive immediately.
I am afraid that I could not be that sweet to my daughter; that I knew was a sociopath.
I would go for insanity defense and stand behind her, no circus.
MY GD would be buried also.
I'm so thankful that I have never had to face such an awful crime.
This is just my own opinion that I think I would do.

I don't want to give further specifics, because I'd like to see what people say they'd do at each step of the way. Suffice it to say that you are the parents of this girl and the grandparents of this child, and based on what you know...what would you do?

WELCOME!
very good post, thanks

I would use my "common sense". Then I would hide and pray and cry. That's it!

Tell the truth , Would have left no stone unturned looking for my grandaughter, no pussyfooting around with the daughter to get answers!!!!! Been on TV begging for my grandaughter to be returned!!!!!!

I would seek justice for my grandaughter, at any and all expense.

I hate to say it, but I wouldn't want to be here anymore. Nothing, and I mean nothing is more important to me than my child and my family. The only way I could imagine having the will to survive is if I had the hope that my loved one was okay and I would stop at nothing to find them, but if I found out they weren't, well, you might as well put me in the looney bin because I don't think I'd be able to go on.

I would not lie for my child. For her own salvation and soul she would need to face the consequences. I would not get up in front of the media and say that she did it, or that she is a liar or anything else. I would not say anything to the media.

What I do not understand, and never will, is what the Anthony's want. They want Casey to get off and come home? And what? Have a happy little family minus Caylee? Sit around the dinner table chatting together? Maybe have another grandchild someday? I mean what would their lives look like? I just cant wrap my head around that. Because I dont believe for one second that they dont think Casey did it. They know she did and they (or Cindy at least) wants her back in spite of it, because she doesnt want to lose both her daughter and granddaughter.

I would seek justice for my grandaughter, at any and all expense.

I appreciate the comments, and I will continue to hold my tongue (except for the Go Steelers part...yeah!)

Back to task. Thank you for your honesty. I hope others will step forward and speak their hearts.

This is not a good grade/bad grade situation. I just want to know what others would do. God forbid any of us will ever be in this situation.

I don't know exactly what I would do, but I know I'd never talk to NG, Greta, or the local media about the case at all. I would have given Tim Miller something for dogs to sniff and search, and I would have found my daughter long before 31 days passed. I would have been snooping everywhere and snooping on all her friends and going to bars and hangouts asking questions.

I appreciate the comments, and I will continue to hold my tongue (except for the Go Steelers part...yeah!)

Back to task. Thank you for your honesty. I hope others will step forward and speak their hearts.

This is not a good grade/bad grade situation. I just want to know what others would do. God forbid any of us will ever be in this situation.

:wave: Why are you holding your tongue? That rang my curiosity bell.

1. I would never let 31 days go by before I started demanding answers...period!

2. I would put my GD first and went with my instincts when it came to the stench in the car and never removed it from the tow yard because, that would have been when I called 911/LE.

3. I would get the truth out of my daughter before LE ever got there...you can trust me on that.

4. I would listen to LE & Attorney's advise from the start and would never tamper with any evidence.

5. I would never cover up for my daughter's lies no matter.

But, that's just me...& ALL 5 of my kids will attest to #3!

Honest to god, I don't know what I would do in this situation. I don't think I would know which way to turn, or which way not to. I do know that I would tell the truth, however don't know if I pay enough attention to detail that it would help at all.
I would cry, scream, and pray..that is all I know for sure that I would do..

I hate to say it, but I wouldn't want to be here anymore. Nothing, and I mean nothing is more important to me than my child and my family. The only way I could imagine having the will to survive is if I had the hope that my loved one was okay and I would stop at nothing to find them, but if I found out they weren't, well, you might as well put me in the looney bin because I don't think I'd be able to go on.

In continuation of my first comment... (sorry, just the thought freaked me out!) If I did find out that my granddaughter was dead and my daughter held the answers, I would demand to know what happened. I wouldn't let her get away with all her stories and all her reasoning behind why she is keeping quiet "by protecting everyone". I would give her an ultimatum and I wouldn't be nice about it. If she told me the truth, in my heart I would still love her, but I would never be able to forgive or forget.

I don't know exactly what I would do, but I know I'd never talk to NG, Greta, or the local media about the case at all. I would have given Tim Miller something for dogs to sniff and search, and I would have found my daughter long before 31 days passed. I would have been snooping everywhere and snooping on all her friends and going to bars and hangouts asking questions.

I'd like to think that this is what I would do-however I have not walked even a very short distance in their shoes,so I cannot say for sure.I have not lived an entire lifetime with KC,they have and perhaps she has an Oppositional Defiance disorder,[google it],and believe me I have seen what this can do to a family,no matter how seemingly secure they are.:(:(:banghead:

I would have been locked up by now because I would have done everything in my power to force the truth out of my daughter. When we were all in the house together it would have gotten bad and I'd end up getting arrested before it was over but I wouldn't care because maybe before that happened she would have slipped up and yelled out what really happened.

Before any of this happened, and my teenage daughter turned up pregnant and she was looking at adoption I would have tried to think of what was best for the baby and best for my daughter and that very likely would have been the best thing, I would not have tried to force her to take on responsibility that she was not ready or willing to do.

VB

I would beat my daughter like a red-headed stepchild. She would not get away from me till I found out the truth. But she knows this. LOL.

:wave: Why are you holding your tongue? That rang my curiosity bell.

Simply because in the future, I will be working with people and families in situations above and beyond the "Beaver Cleaver," "Opie and Andy" situations AND

Having been a member of these threads for what seems a lifetime (although it's only been a few months), I've gotten the impression that people need a place to just lay down their feelings without anyone guiding them by the nose. (Yes I know there is the PL and Basement).

And, having dealt with threads for a long time now (not these...but others), I've observed that many people respond in kind to the thoughts/feelings of the OP in threads like this, I hold my thoughts to some point in the future. (insert winky-type icon here.)

I would never have let my daughter get away with not letting me speak or see my grandchild for over a month. I would have never bought all of her excuses, I don't care how good they were.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back