Woman Gives Birth To Octuplets In California

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue_Dolphin308

We can't help everyone, But everyone can help some
Reaction score
BELLFLOWER, Calif. (AP) ―
A woman gave birth to eight babies in Southern California on Monday, the world's second live-born set of octuplets.

The mother, who was not identified, gave birth to six boys and two girls weighing between 1.8 pounds and 3.4 pounds, doctors at Kaiser Permanante Medical Center told The Associated Press.

http://cbs3.com/topstories/california.octuplets.birth.2.918366.html

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2009/01/a-mother-has-gi.html

6 boys, 2 girls... weighing from 1lb 15oz to 3lbs 4oz... all seem to be doing well.

*picks jaw up off floor* Wow... 8... at one time! They are a product of fertility help, but as I see it, from here on out it is about 8 new lives gracing this world... I hope the babies have full and wonderful lives.

Blessings to the Mom and Dad, they will have their hands full for a very long time!

Mind bobbling. I can't wait to see some photos. I hope all is well for these little ones.

Eight babies! And the medical team was only expecting seven! I saw the neonatologist interviewed on 'Good Morning America' and he said all were off respirators. Only two had breathing tubes.

Good luck to this couple!

BELLFLOWER, Calif. (AP) ―
A woman gave birth to eight babies in Southern California on Monday, the world's second live-born set of octuplets.

The mother, who was not identified, gave birth to six boys and two girls weighing between 1.8 pounds and 3.4 pounds, doctors at Kaiser Permanante Medical Center told The Associated Press.

http://cbs3.com/topstories/california.octuplets.birth.2.918366.html

and she plans to breast feed...all 8 of em':woohoo: What a woman!

I hope every single finger and toe is wanted and loved.

I think it is very interesting and unusual that they are releasing very little information about these people. Typically we know everything about them by this time LOL.

I bet you she isn't. Haven't you noticed that there is no mention of the father?

I was only trying to make a joke that Michelle could really fill her quiver up real quick with eight in one fell swoop. That's all. My attempts at humor always fall flat. lol

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/01/29/earlyshow/health/main4761676.shtml

But when they go home, it will be to a truly full house.

CBS News has learned the mother who gave birth to the octuplets has six other children

"She is young," the acquaintance says, "fairly young. She has six children already. And in those six children, she has a set of twins."

The woman and her children live on a cul-de-sac with her parents

Ok what is going on here? No mention of a father? Article says she lives with her 6 kids at her parents home which is either 2 or 3 bedroom. I surely hope she has medical insurance! What Dr gives fertility drugs to someone with 6 kids!

and she plans to breast feed...all 8 of em':woohoo: What a woman!

I'd love to meet this woman, wouldn't you? Another article I read quoted the doctor as saying that when they discovered the 8th baby, Momma handled it quietly and calmly, asking, "Oh, is there another one?"

She has GOT TO BE someone really, really special.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/01/29/earlyshow/health/main4761676.shtml

But when they go home, it will be to a truly full house.

CBS News has learned the mother who gave birth to the octuplets has six other children

"She is young," the acquaintance says, "fairly young. She has six children already. And in those six children, she has a set of twins."

The woman and her children live on a cul-de-sac with her parents

Ok what is going on here? No mention of a father? Article says she lives with her 6 kids at her parents home which is either 2 or 3 bedroom. I surely hope she has medical insurance! What Dr gives fertility drugs to someone with 6 kids!

I could have sworn I heard a husband mentioned early on, although the terminology may have been "the parents" and it sure doesn't take a marriage certificate to qualify for that, does it?

If there is no husband, perhaps there was one and he is now deceased? Because if I was her momma or daddy I'd be telling her "don't you come home with any more babies!" if she's just single and having children willy-nilly.

To be fair, although we are probably correct in assuming there was some fertility drugs involved, that info hasn't been released by the doctors, so we can't be one hundred percent sure.

I think you are right Kgeaux, there could be a variety of reasons a father hasn't been mentioned yet.

she has apparently lost another child due to med problems at some point as well. Don't know if it was an infant at birth or what, but she had given birth to 7 kids before these.
There is a lot of scuttlebutt as to who is paying for this and how she makes money.

I could have sworn I heard a husband mentioned early on, although the terminology may have been "the parents" and it sure doesn't take a marriage certificate to qualify for that, does it?

If there is no husband, perhaps there was one and he is now deceased? Because if I was her momma or daddy I'd be telling her "don't you come home with any more babies!" if she's just single and having children willy-nilly.

To be fair, although we are probably correct in assuming there was some fertility drugs involved, that info hasn't been released by the doctors, so we can't be one hundred percent sure.
Just FYI according to our local new no one has ever conceived 8 children naturally in history.
Their house is a run down mess and the new reporters here do not beleive there is a father involved.

she has apparently lost another child due to med problems at some point as well. Don't know if it was an infant at birth or what, but she had given birth to 7 kids before these.
There is a lot of scuttlebutt as to who is paying for this and how she makes money.

so she now has 14 kids, and no source of income and lives in a 3 bedroom hovel? LOVELY!

She's young, maybe she'll have another litter or two:eek:

so she now has 14 kids, and no source of income and lives in a 3 bedroom hovel? LOVELY!

She's young, maybe she'll have another litter or two:eek:

LOL @ LITTER.

shoot me now!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads