Page 19 of 94 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282969 ... LastLast
Results 451 to 475 of 2343

Thread: Woman Gives Birth To Octuplets In California

  1. #451
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Atlanta GA
    Posts
    7,447
    Talk about hypocritical!

    Nancy Gibbs gets to weigh in, and in fact lists all the reasons people are disgusted with this scenario, but then chastises the American public for having an opinion about the Octo-Mom. PLEASE!

    This is not about discrimination against single mothers. This is about common sense. And comparing Nadya to the Duggers, the Dilleys, or John and Kate is disingenuous. None of them chose to have 8 embryos implanted! The Duggers are lovingly open to new life that comes naturally to them (whether you think they should take a break and watch a movie or not) and the Dilleys and John and Kate had a statistically impossible conception while using fertility drugs following generally accepted guidelines to have one child.

    While they may have gotten some nice perks by being on TV, none of them were auctioning their story and leaving their children 1 week post delivery to try and pay for it all. None of them were holding up a sperm donor who was forced into fatherhood against his will by some unbalanced gestating fanatic. None of them were living in filth or poverty and choosing to have yet more children.

    Nancy Gibbs needs to pull the log out of her own eye before examining splinters in anyone else's.
    Please help find Gerry Largay, 66, missing on the Appalachian Trail in Maine.
    http://www.wlbz2.com/news/article/25...ssing-in-Maine

  2. #452
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Atlanta GA
    Posts
    7,447
    And what about her "plans to breastfeed"???

    Looks like she is counting on others for that too, since reports say the octuplets are receiving donated breastmilk.

    She's too busy with Ann Curry.
    Please help find Gerry Largay, 66, missing on the Appalachian Trail in Maine.
    http://www.wlbz2.com/news/article/25...ssing-in-Maine

  3. #453
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    530
    Im confused...it says her boyfriend was the sperm donor for all 14 children...wasnt she married to someone else when she had at least the first one?...didnt she say after she had her first one she became depressed so she left her husband so he wouldnt have to endure her depression?
    I keep thinking when she was married why didnt she use her husbands sperm? makes no since
    and she states she will be able to support them once she has her masters?...ok how long is that going to take and what about now? even if she gets the 2 million she is seeking...thats not going to last long with 14 children and skyrocketing medical bills.
    I dont think Dcf will step in unless there is a complaint filed....lets hope the mother will be the one to break this cycle and file the complaint......
    I lied where the publicist said there was some issues between mother and daughter....Heck yes...Id have a huge problem with my daughter is she dumped 6 kids on me and had 8 more lol

  4. #454
    believe09's Avatar
    believe09 is offline For nothing is secret that will not be revealed
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Oh Captain, My Captain
    Posts
    26,344
    Quote Originally Posted by concernedperson View Post
    This story gets worse and worse. I feel so sorry for the grandparents even though they have enabled Nadya to a degree. It isn't like you can just turn off 6 children from your life but help is needed for the children's future .Not in handouts to the mom but in some other venue. The mom will never be responsible as she has a screw loose somewhere. Then, another 8 babies that need care.

    Honestly, I think adoption is the way to go even though it is impossible for one family to care for them all as a unit. If the children are brought up to know their other siblings then this could possibly work. I am just trying to think of something viable that could keep the children in safe and stable homes.
    I love this idea, although I do not expect it to happen unless there is some kind of state level intervention because the children are in danger.
    email me


    Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99


    Bob Harrod SAR


    “The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

  5. #455
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    5,067
    Just saw a bit of the film footage on NBC...I did not hear all of the children's names, but at least one of the new babies shares the name of one of the Duggar children...Josiah... just another indication that she is patterning her behavior in many aspects.

  6. #456
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Atlanta GA
    Posts
    7,447
    Quote Originally Posted by wildTrose View Post
    Im confused...it says her boyfriend was the sperm donor for all 14 children...wasnt she married to someone else when she had at least the first one?...didnt she say after she had her first one she became depressed so she left her husband so he wouldnt have to endure her depression?
    I keep thinking when she was married why didnt she use her husbands sperm? makes no since
    and she states she will be able to support them once she has her masters?...ok how long is that going to take and what about now? even if she gets the 2 million she is seeking...thats not going to last long with 14 children and skyrocketing medical bills.
    I dont think Dcf will step in unless there is a complaint filed....lets hope the mother will be the one to break this cycle and file the complaint......
    I lied where the publicist said there was some issues between mother and daughter....Heck yes...Id have a huge problem with my daughter is she dumped 6 kids on me and had 8 more lol
    Honestly, I think she just can't keep her stories straight.
    Please help find Gerry Largay, 66, missing on the Appalachian Trail in Maine.
    http://www.wlbz2.com/news/article/25...ssing-in-Maine

  7. #457
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    By the Lake
    Posts
    4,132
    Such a sad story.

    The hospital will not release these babies until there is a detailed plan for care in place that will be verified by the hospital social workers.

    I also see Child Protective Services stepping in to monitor ALL the children. moo
    Just striving to be average.

  8. #458
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Penn's woods
    Posts
    17,240
    Quote Originally Posted by alwaysonmymind View Post
    Such a sad story.

    The hospital will not release these babies until there is a detailed plan for care in place that will be verified by the hospital social workers.

    I also see Child Protective Services stepping in to monitor ALL the children. moo

    Respectfully bolded portion, done by me.

    That statement gives me some measure of comfort. Knowing that the hospital will not release these children until the hospital social workers can verify that these children will have a care.

    Some measure though, I'm not completely comfortable.
    "Three things in human life are important: The first is to be kind; the second is to be kind; and the third is to be kind." ~ Henry James

  9. #459
    jnTexas's Avatar
    jnTexas is offline Can't wait for softball and baseball to start :-)
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Splendora, Texas
    Posts
    3,408
    From what i have read this woman is staying in an undisclosed location (hotel). Her mother has had the other 6 children for 2 months. Why didn't she go to be with the other 6 as soon as she was released from the hospital? If she loves her children so much she should be there with them.

    IMO....She is a con artist. She's no better than people who file numerous insurance claims. She is in it for the money no matter who it hurts. Sounds like she was a spoiled brat as a child and use to getting her way at the expense of her parents who allow it. JMO!!

  10. #460
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    912
    Quote Originally Posted by jnTexas View Post
    From what i have read this woman is staying in an undisclosed location (hotel). Her mother has had the other 6 children for 2 months. Why didn't she go to be with the other 6 as soon as she was released from the hospital? If she loves her children so much she should be there with them.

    IMO....She is a con artist. She's no better than people who file numerous insurance claims. She is in it for the money no matter who it hurts. Sounds like she was a spoiled brat as a child and use to getting her way at the expense of her parents who allow it. JMO!!

    i think you have nadya's number..I also think she is a spoiled little brat with an entitlement attitude. I also think think she has no concept of what it is like to bring up a child. I think poor Grandma has been doing it. Oh there I go ranting agin over this young lady. Sorry,I will send myself to the basement..

  11. #461
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    5,067
    Quote Originally Posted by nanny1 View Post
    i think you have nadya's number..I also think she is a spoiled little brat with an entitlement attitude. I also think think she has no concept of what it is like to bring up a child. I think poor Grandma has been doing it. Oh there I go ranting agin over this young lady. Sorry,I will send myself to the basement..
    Well.....LOL....before you go....don't you think Nadya fits the description of Zanny the Nanny????? Maybe someone should do some sleuthing there as this woman seems to want to collect children by whatever means possible!

  12. #462
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    912
    Quote Originally Posted by raeann View Post
    Well.....LOL....before you go....don't you think Nadya fits the description of Zanny the Nanny????? Maybe someone should do some sleuthing there as this woman seems to want to collect children by whatever means possible!
    OH My God You are so right !! Somebody call JB and KC,we found Zanny the Nanny.
    Sorry wrong thread !! Back to the basement !!

  13. #463
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Dana Point,CA
    Posts
    20,222
    Westcoast IVF Fertility Clinic in Beverly HIlls. I understand the Dr. Michael Kamrava is a second tier doctor in terms of being well known in the area. This is from a high profile player in the field.

    http://www.fertilityproregistry.com/...ast-ivf-clinic

  14. #464
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Dana Point,CA
    Posts
    20,222
    I'd like to see this video:
    Also, video from 2006 that was aired Monday on KTLA-TV shows Dr. Michael Kamrava from the clinic treating Suleman and discussing the implantation process

    http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...n140816S94.DTL

  15. #465
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    5,067
    Quote Originally Posted by nanny1 View Post
    OH My God You are so right !! Somebody call JB and KC,we found Zanny the Nanny.
    Sorry wrong thread !! Back to the basement !!
    Well...there were a number of California connections in there. The "sort of" boyfriend in the military there, LE and Leonard P. meeting with someone in California in the fall, the sighting that C and G went to check out around the time of the Larry King appearance. Who knows? I am JUST KIDDING, of course!

  16. #466
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    912
    Quote Originally Posted by raeann View Post
    Well...there were a number of California connections in there. The "sort of" boyfriend in the military there, LE and Leonard P. meeting with someone in California in the fall, the sighting that C and G went to check out around the time of the Larry King appearance. Who knows? I am JUST KIDDING, of course!
    You are too funny reann !! Although with that case one never know's. This will be the next twist !! Stay tuned!!

  17. #467
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    912
    Quote Originally Posted by JBean View Post
    I'd like to see this video:
    Also, video from 2006 that was aired Monday on KTLA-TV shows Dr. Michael Kamrava from the clinic treating Suleman and discussing the implantation process

    http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...n140816S94.DTL
    Is this the video:
    http://www.ktla.com/news/

  18. #468
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Dana Point,CA
    Posts
    20,222
    Thanks Nanny, I cannot watch videos here. Is it the Dr Kamrava doing the actual procedure? That is what I would like to see.

    website info on West Coast fertility

    http://www.beverlyhillsfertility.com/

  19. #469
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    912
    Quote Originally Posted by JBean View Post
    Thanks Nanny, I cannot watch videos here. Is it the Dr Kamrava doing the actual procedure? That is what I would like to see.

    website info on West Coast fertility

    http://www.beverlyhillsfertility.com/
    Yes it's him. It does not show the full procedure though. He was the one that implanted the embryos for the twins.

  20. #470
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    5,169
    I have a stupid question... is autism "covered" by SSI/SSA as a qualifying medical condition? (If so, one of her older children could receive benefits?) Another stupid question... out of the octuplets, would doctors know now if there are long term conditions (cerebral palsy, etc..) that any of the babies could suffer from?

    I would venture to guess that any money that Nadya receives would almost have to be put in trust because the medical bills that "whoever" is paying right now (medicade or whomever) would most definitely attach themselves to a big payout if she receives one? (Even with health insurance, there are many co-pays that roll in after the initial hospital bill is paid.)

    I have to say that if Nadya truly loved children as much as she claims, she would have never thought of bringing 8 more into this world whilst seemingly neglecting the 6 she already has.

    Has there been anything more on the "sperm donor"? I almost wish he would speak out (and maybe fight for custody?)... I would be so mad if I were him (if the stories about him asking she not use his sperm are true.)

    I'm still at a loss for words in regards to the "only child syndrome" Nadya suffers/suffered from. Is that for real??? Sheesh, is she setting herself up for post tramatic stress disorder now?

  21. #471
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    By the Lake
    Posts
    4,132
    Not sure if this has been posted...

    http://www.ktla.com/landing_news/?Oc...258&feedID=171

    LOS ANGELES -- Before she became a single mother of 14 and was thrust into the national spotlight, octuplets' mom Nadya Suleman shared her story with KTLA.

    In the fall of 2006, Suleman was expecting twins after undergoing in-vitro fertilization treatments at the West Coast IVF Clinic in Beverly Hills. KTLA featured Suleman and her doctor, Michael Kamrava, M.D.

    During the interview, the expectant mother spoke openly about IVF, including how she was skeptical at first.

    "I was slightly pessimistic but then I realized, well it worked. But at the same time I was keeping it a little covert, I didn't tell anyone right away and then it worked, I had my son," Suleman told KTLA.

    <gone to look for the head shaking smiley>
    Just striving to be average.

  22. #472
    less0305's Avatar
    less0305 is offline The face is familiar, but I can't quite remember my name!
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    4,246
    Quote Originally Posted by raeann View Post
    Just saw a bit of the film footage on NBC...I did not hear all of the children's names, but at least one of the new babies shares the name of one of the Duggar children...Josiah... just another indication that she is patterning her behavior in many aspects.
    I read that all 8 babies have biblical names. Noah being one, I think.

  23. #473
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Atlanta GA
    Posts
    7,447
    Quote Originally Posted by JBean View Post
    Thanks Nanny, I cannot watch videos here. Is it the Dr Kamrava doing the actual procedure? That is what I would like to see.

    website info on West Coast fertility

    http://www.beverlyhillsfertility.com/
    Not doing the procedure, but talking to her while she was pg with the twins and with the dr. about the success of the procedure.

    Interesting b/c it is an indictment against them both for using 6 (or 8) embryos at once. She specifically says that it worked "BAM the first time!" and the dr talks about why this type of "seeding" IVF is so successful. Since Nadya has managed to have such good results all 5 times, why would they feel the need to implant her with 6 at a time for this pregnancy?
    Please help find Gerry Largay, 66, missing on the Appalachian Trail in Maine.
    http://www.wlbz2.com/news/article/25...ssing-in-Maine

  24. #474
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    5,169
    Quote Originally Posted by nanny1 View Post
    i think you have nadya's number..I also think she is a spoiled little brat with an entitlement attitude. I also think think she has no concept of what it is like to bring up a child. I think poor Grandma has been doing it. Oh there I go ranting agin over this young lady. Sorry,I will send myself to the basement..
    Don't send yourself to the basement! I love your opinions! I've been ranting about this situation to my husband, needless to say he is THRILLED that I have another outlet here!

  25. #475
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    912
    Quote Originally Posted by Boyz_Mum View Post
    I have a stupid question... is autism "covered" by SSI/SSA as a qualifying medical condition? (If so, one of her older children could receive benefits?) Another stupid question... out of the octuplets, would doctors know now if there are long term conditions (cerebral palsy, etc..) that any of the babies could suffer from?

    I would venture to guess that any money that Nadya receives would almost have to be put in trust because the medical bills that "whoever" is paying right now (medicade or whomever) would most definitely attach themselves to a big payout if she receives one? (Even with health insurance, there are many co-pays that roll in after the initial hospital bill is paid.)

    I have to say that if Nadya truly loved children as much as she claims, she would have never thought of bringing 8 more into this world whilst seemingly neglecting the 6 she already has.

    Has there been anything more on the "sperm donor"? I almost wish he would speak out (and maybe fight for custody?)... I would be so mad if I were him (if the stories about him asking she not use his sperm are true.)

    I'm still at a loss for words in regards to the "only child syndrome" Nadya suffers/suffered from. Is that for real??? Sheesh, is she setting herself up for post tramatic stress disorder now?

    Oh my,I believe autism is covered under Social Security Disability. Oh goodness,please tell me this mom did not use any of that money for these procedures. I'm sorry just me having scarey thoughts out loud.

Page 19 of 94 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282969 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Woman Tries To Leave After Giving Birth In Lot
    By JBean in forum Crimes in the News
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-08-2006, 01:46 AM
  2. 37 lb woman gives birth
    By IdahoMom in forum Bizarre and Off-Beat News
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-11-2006, 10:03 AM
  3. Woman 'gives birth to frog'
    By Casshew in forum Bizarre and Off-Beat News
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-28-2004, 08:30 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •