Weleetka Pastor Faces Lewdness Charges *NO CONNECTION* at this time

Lowe has been charged with 16 counts of sexually assaulting girls.

The church is located just a mile from where Skyla Whitaker and Taylor Paschal Placker were found slain in June, but Brown said there's no indication yet that the cases are connected or that the slain girls had been sexually assaulted

"The scene of the homicides is quite close to this church so that gives us cause and makes us want to investigate if there is any type of connection," she said.

Brown said a bodily fluid found at the Weleetka homicide scene should help them determine a possible link.

~snip~

Lowe was one of many people in the immediate area who the Okfuskee County Sheriff interviewed last summer.

http://www.koco.com/news/18484639/detail.html (Bolded by me)

I find it hard to comprehend that this minister had anything to do with shooting our girls. That's not to say he didn't do it, I'm glad they are checking all possibilities. He has been charged with 16 counts of sexual crimes against girls, yet didn't shoot any of them. What could Skyla & Taylor possibly have seen/threatened him with, that these other girls couldn't have? Yet, he didn't shoot them.

Lowe has been charged with 16 counts of sexually assaulting girls.

The church is located just a mile from where Skyla Whitaker and Taylor Paschal Placker were found slain in June, but Brown said there's no indication yet that the cases are connected or that the slain girls had been sexually assaulted

"The scene of the homicides is quite close to this church so that gives us cause and makes us want to investigate if there is any type of connection," she said.

Brown said a bodily fluid found at the Weleetka homicide scene should help them determine a possible link.

~snip~

Lowe was one of many people in the immediate area who the Okfuskee County Sheriff interviewed last summer.

http://www.koco.com/news/18484639/detail.html (Bolded by me)

"The church is located just a mile from where Skyla Whitaker and Taylor Paschal Placker were found slain in June, but Brown said there's no indication yet that the cases are connected or that the slain girls had been sexually assaulted"The scene of the homicides is quite close to this church so that gives us cause and makes us want to investigate if there is any type of connection," she said.Brown said a bodily fluid found at the Weleetka homicide scene should help them determine a possible link."

http://www.koco.com/news/18484639/detail.html

..a bodily fluid??

I would also like to state that there's no indication yet that the cases are connected and
"We're not saying that he is part of that or was. But, we want to definitely verify that he was not a part of it," said Okfuskee County Sheriff Jack Choate

Weleetka Pastor Faces Lewdness Charges

http://nativetimes.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=887&Itemid=1

http://www.newson6.com/global/story.asp?s=9680878
WELEETKA, OK -- The pastor of a church in Okfuskee County is jailed, charged with molesting several young girls in his church. Investigators say most of the abuse happened on the grounds of the Arbeka Indian Baptist Church just outside the town of Weleetka.
Arbeka Indian Baptist Church sits in the countryside of Okfuskee County. The church property acts as a campground, of sorts. Church members drive from as far away as Oklahoma City or Tulsa for services that last several days. The grounds have several living quarters where the congregation stays the night.
For the last several years Marvin Lowe has been the church's pastor. Investigators say the 51 year old has been molesting girls as young as eight years old on the property since at least the summer of 2007.

9680878_BG1.jpg

Related story: 1/14/2009 Weleetka Pastor Jailed On Molestation Complaint
Sheriff Jack Choate says Lowe also molested girls in his Okmulgee County home.
"Some have known it for some time and were just, more or less, afraid to bring it up," said Okfuskee County Sheriff Jack Choate.
Court documents show Lowe would sometimes sleep with the girls on the floor of his home. In other cases, he's accused of fondling the girls inside the fellowship hall.
Investigators say they're also aware of a 32-year-old victim who says Lowe assaulted her when she was a teenager.
"I do think there's a possibility that we do have other people who have not come forward yet," said Okfuskee County Sheriff Jack Choate.
The church sits a mile and a-half from where Skyla Whitaker and Taylor Placker were found dead last year, no one has been arrested for their deaths. While the sheriff doesn't believe Lowe was involved, it's something investigators are still looking into.
"We're not saying that he is part of that or was. But, we want to definitely verify that he was not a part of it," said Okfuskee County Sheriff Jack Choate.
Lowe is being held on $240,000 bond. The sheriff expects him to face more charges as more people come forward in the future.

Hmm, too old to be the POI?

They are STILL testing bodily fluids found at the murder scene???????

My gosh, how many months have they had to test it in already? That's unreal. Did it have to be sent to outer space for testing? The citizens of that town should be so up in arms with all of these terrible things happening to young girls.

I put the POI & Preacher side by side for you to compare. I think if anything they have common ancestors.. meaning NA..

Attachments

• POI & LOWE compare.jpg
    POI & LOWE compare.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 237
Thanks GS! That helps alot. Personally I don't see a resemblance.

Getsmart,
Is there any way you could put the preacher and the sketch that Bern did side by side?

Getsmart,
Is there any way you could put the preacher and the sketch that Bern did side by side?
Is this what you were looking for k4kathy?

Attachments

• attachment.jpg
    attachment.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 201
GS,
Thank you,the images side by side were exactly what I was asking for.Now I'm going to print a copy of Bern's drawing,and draw a pair of glasses onto the face.

I find it hard to comprehend that this minister had anything to do with shooting our girls. That's not to say he didn't do it, I'm glad they are checking all possibilities. He has been charged with 16 counts of sexual crimes against girls, yet didn't shoot any of them. What could Skyla & Taylor possibly have seen/threatened him with, that these other girls couldn't have? Yet, he didn't shoot them.

Maybe he had molested them previously and they confronted him that day and told him they were going to report him to LE.

I thought of all of us today and Skyla and Taylor.

We can never give up hope that Skyla and Taylor's killer will be caught and brought to justice.

The wheels of justice turns slowly at times but it does turn.

Just like it did for the Levy family, who have waited so long to see justice come for their daughter, Chandra.

http://news.aol.com/article/police-close-to-arrest-in-chandra-levy/353412

:blowkiss:

I agree. Never give up hope for Justice for Skyla & Taylor. I would just like to see this case get a little more attention and maybe something would break??

I thought of all of us today and Skyla and Taylor.

We can never give up hope that Skyla and Taylor's killer will be caught and brought to justice.

The wheels of justice turns slowly at times but it does turn.

Just like it did for the Levy family, who have waited so long to see justice come for their daughter, Chandra.

http://news.aol.com/article/police-close-to-arrest-in-chandra-levy/353412

:blowkiss:

OMG, Ocean, I thought the exact same thing today when I read that about the Levy case. Although I do not wish for this case to still be unsolved after that length of time, justice is justice and having closure can finally bring some sense of peace to the Levy family. Reading that today brought to mind the fact that even though we may not hear about the case in the media, it doesn't indicate that the LE have stopped working it.

But according to an article in the Washington Post this arrest is coming after a 13 part series ran in the newspaper where a reporter laid out the case for the police.

In other words, without this reporter's efforts there probably would still be no movement on the Levy case.

But according to an article in the Washington Post this arrest is coming after a 13 part series ran in the newspaper where a reporter laid out the case for the police.

In other words, without this reporter's efforts there probably would still be no movement on the Levy case.

Albert18 - You are exactly right. Very observant on your part. I've been reading the Post since I was a pre-teen. There are so many cold cases in the D.C. metro area that have been re-opened and solved, due not only to their investigations but also to the public pressure from the attention. The Post can be relentless when something is very wrong and/or being covered up.

Lauren - Thanks for posting the news reports and videos from the 2/15 gathering. I lit two candles at 5 Eastern and thought about the girls and all of the people here who have pursued this case. Did your friends there notice anyone from OSBI in attendance? Did anyone catch the newspaper article in which the reporter had apparently phoned JB the Friday before (by Manny G in Tulsa World)? No tough questions. Same answers as before. It's so hard to understand the lack of public outcry from the local press.

In that same article, one of the locals is quoted as saying, "We might be able to help, but we don't know what they're looking for." One can only wonder what JB's response to that would be.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back