805 users online (130 members and 675 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Maybe the 2 girls stumbled upon him and a young lady? Or maybe there are more men involved in the molestations and the 2 girls stumbled upon 2 men and 2 girls.

Thanks to everyone who thanked me for my offerings above, such as they were. This case means a lot to me because it happened in the state where I've chosen to live, and not all that far from my current location. I lived in south Texas when it occurred, and my gut feeling then was---dear God, please don't let this go unsolved, and now it appears it is on the road to going unsolved. There's a meanness in this world, and it's never so clear as when it takes place in the midst of people you love, who you know to be good and honest, guileless, sweet people who deserve the very best.

Yes, Mamie, it could be something along those lines, or it could be that the girls knew beforehand about the molestation allegations---before they were made public---and that that knowledge came into play in their silencing. And it could be, as I said above, that the preacher is innocent of those charges and, thus, far removed from the case in question. Either way, and whatever, I'm Christian enough to include him in my prayers too---while I'm not overtly religious, I was raised in the faith, and old habits do linger. But it just seemed to me awfully odd that the two events took place within a mile or so of one another, in an isolated region of our state, within about half-a-year of one another, and that we're trusting law enforcement---which, involving human beings, can of course be fallible too---to inform us of the likelihood, or to warn us off of the possibility.

wfgodot:

My hometown is Weleetka. I live in Tucson now. I really loved eating at several of the San Antonio Riverwalk establishments earlier this month. Texas and Oklahoma communities are similar in covering things up. This is usually done so favor trading can continue as a way of life, or a way for one to own another. I love Oklahoma's lay of the land, but I hate the politics.

You may have sen some of my takes on the Pastor in other WS threads. I knew him personally for years, and am appauled at what he is accused of. I looked for his name in the Muscogee Nation News newspaper, and haven't seen a mention of him, not even n the section where they list tribal member offenses and such.

Don't despair, and keep the faith the girls killer(s) will be brought to justice.

Hi weleetka1,

And thanks. San Antonio's really a charming town---terrific people, very friendly. Anyone who thinks that living in a place where white folks aren't the majority population might be bad should try S.A., it'll change their minds. I enjoyed my eight years there, but it has grown...and grown...and (groan!)...grown (I think it's now the sixth-largest city in the U.S.) and I'm a small town boy, from KS originally, so was glad to get back to a rural area up here in NE OK, where I've lived once before. And I feel at home here because my great-grandmother, though I never knew her, was a full-blood Cherokee, so I've got that in common with a good many up here.

You are EXACTLY right: "Texas and Oklahoma communities are similar in covering things up. This is usually done so favor trading can continue as a way of life, or a way for one to own another. I love Oklahoma's lay of the land, but I hate the politics." Favor trading IS EXACTLY what I see as taking place here. I'm not sure, of course, of the specifics, but that has got to be a major reason why, nine months after the fact, we're still in, relatively, the dark about the Weleetka girls. I am also very interested in what you have to say about the pastor. While it's true that people can sure fool us, it's also true that one should not just abandon what they know of them when accusations are made. It is not beyond the pale to believe that that particular circumstance could not have been set up, to get back to your favor trading notion.

I do think that the deaths were the result of a very local matter, close to home. And that, perhaps not many, but certainly more than a few, know the circumstances: who did this, and why. Again, I hope against hope that the truth will out.

Thank you again for your kindness.

Marvin Lowe has another hearing today (April 14) at 2:00pm.

Please update us if you learn any info. Hugs, matilda

Quote Originally Posted by waltzingmatilda View Post

I will, matilda.

See if this link will work for you:

http://www1.odcr.com/detail.php?Case...10&County=054-

You're on top of things ! Can't wait to see what happens today

Thanks little!

Wow! His attorney withdrew from the case 4-8-09......I wonder why?

4-13-09 Application to allow child witness to testify in closed forum and outside the presence of the defendent.

Interesting.......

Picture

Man if I only had a brain... I forgot all about this pic..its in my photo album

"This isn't who they are. It is only what happened to them."
    Jaycee Dugard

Marvin Lowe continues his hearing tomarrow, the 24th. They want to dismiss count #12.

On Demand Court Records
    Email
    Password
    Last edited by Tom'sGirl; 04-23-2009 at 01:20 PM. Reason: Need a link/only post partial content from link next time

Marvin Lowe has another hearing today.

http://www1.odcr.com/detail.php?Case...10&County=054-

Thanks Little!

I'm curious about this charge #12. Is this the same as rape with a foreign object? Sorry, I just can't bring myself to google 'rape by instrumentation'.....but am assuming it means the act was committed with and instrument.
    ...and be sure your sin will find you out.

Numbers,32:23

Ruflossn is offline "Silence is the most perfect expression of scorn.", ~ George Bernard Shaw ~
    Thanks Little!

I'm curious about this charge #12. Is this the same as rape with a foreign object? Sorry, I just can't bring myself to google 'rape by instrumentation'.....but am assuming it means the act was committed with and instrument.
    http://oklegal.onenet.net/oklegal-cg...852614634632+F

21-1111.1.

Rape by instrumentation is an act within or without the bonds of
    matrimony in which any inanimate object or any part of the human body,
    not amounting to sexual intercourse is used in the carnal knowledge of
    another person without his or her consent and penetration of .......

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast