Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Baez files motion to keep KC out of court -

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/myfox/pa...Y&pageId=1.1.1

According to the motion, Baez said forcing Casey to appear "only fuels the circus like atmosphere which paints the defendant in a negative light."

Baez also claims that following court appearances the media is too focused on Casey’s appearance. Baez wrote that the appearance’s "have generated unsubstantiated rumors regarding the defendants physical condition." and "have generated unsubstantiated rumors regarding the defendants physical condition."

I think she is worried that people will laugh - she is upset that she is gaining weight eating all the candy and goodies from the Jail Commissary. And, we ALL know how fattening bologna and cole slaw is - grape koolaid, but, no strawberry kiwi right???

Plus going to court, sitting thru all the the hearings etc., she knows that she will have to hear all of the "boring" details when she could be much more comfortable napping, reading and eating. It just makes me crazy to think that she really thinks she is going to get away with this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not a chance!!!!!!!!!!!!

This isn't new, people talked about how good looking Ted Bundy was - the media will always comment on the appearance of defendants. Your 14th amendment right to liberty/privacy from the state is curtailed once you are arrested...if you can't read any books you want in jail, and um, pee in front of other people, you don't really have a right to whine about when people talk about your appearance...

Quote Originally Posted by nancy botwin View Post
    Casey's rights translate into a statutory requirement to attend these evidentiary hearings. Strickland said any waiver of that appearance right/requirement would be subject to his discretion in the future.

I think it's good to make her show up and waive her right in person, or not let her waive it at all-- given Casey's tendency to LIE about everything and twist and contort reality to deflect blame on others and secure an easy way out.
    If she's not there, she can later appeal on the grounds that she was denied the opportunity to be present and participate in a critical stage of her defense. The judge is WISE to err on the side of caution and foreclose that option.

Also, on a personal level, Baez's motion nauseates me because I hate how the legal process itself can actually fuel and feed Casey's narcissism.

Great post NancyB...and isn't this just how a narcisist/sociopath would argue? Argue each little bit of minutae, not the murdered baby.

I would wager a new snow shovel that this is exactly how Casey argued with her parents all those years..no wonder I throw socks at the TV when the defense attornies are spewing their nonsense!

He should at least argue that she appear in street clothes and no shackles whenever there will be media attending, or video released from the hearings.

Quote Originally Posted by magic-cat View Post
    I just had me a look at Casey's signature on the Waiver NOT to have to appear and what the heck was that? Handwriting experts? That was not even a signature and not even remotely like any writing of hers that I have seen before. Is she NOW such ROYALTY that she cannot even write her stupid signature?
    Certainly, no one is thinking she didn't sign this herself, right? Just saying....

Just found the doc. Her signature is on pg. 2:

http://www.wftv.com/news/18577477/detail.html

Quote Originally Posted by ks1 View Post
    Cay is more a form of Caylee than Casey, so now she's signing legal documents with the first three letters of her deceased daughters name. Sure would like to hear a psychologists opinion of this one!
    We might find out that the judge denied her waiver because he felt it wasn't her signature. He caught them in a game, setting up the appeal by creating a situation whereby she might say she never signed a waiver nor did she get the opportunity to go to the hearings.

If she has to be at all the court hearings, she going to miss out of her snack eating time. As for JB-he is so over his head in this case, he doesn't know what to do. By the time he gets done with this case, he'll be lucky if anyone ever calls him again to be their lawyer. Where did he get his license, from a Cracker Jack Box.

Quote Originally Posted by elfie View Post
    He should at least argue that she appear in street clothes and no shackles whenever there will be media attending, or video released from the hearings.
    Why does she deserve that dignity?

I'm not being sarcastic at all. I am just wondering why any defendant charged with a capital crime should be allowed to 'spruce up' for a motion hearing. This isn't the trial.

Dear Jose:

Loved the tie! Your suit fit great! Are you losing weight??? Keep up the good work! Maybe after this is over, we can get a drink and chit chat about how YOU NEARLY DAILY DID SOMETHING TO TOTALLY AND ABSOLUTELY POLLUTE THE PUBLIC'S VIEW OF YOUR CLIENT BY YOUR INDULGENT AND RIDICULOUS MOTIONS!

Love,
    deb

p.s., Call me!

Quote Originally Posted by debs View Post
    Dear Jose:

Loved the tie! Your suit fit great! Are you losing weight??? Keep up the good work! Maybe after this is over, we can get a drink and chit chat about how YOU NEARLY DAILY DID SOMETHING TO TOTALLY AND ABSOLUTELY POLLUTE THE PUBLIC'S VIEW OF YOUR CLIENT BY YOUR INDULGENT AND RIDICULOUS MOTIONS!

Love,
    deb

p.s., Call me!
    p.s.s. Have your people call my people. (then you get TB, too!)

Could the fact that JB has filed additional motions that might be addressed on Friday mean that the waiver she signed is no longer valid? I know the judge said she had to submit a seperate waiver each time there was a hearing - for the motions being heard on that day. She was not allowed to just "waive all future pre-trial hearings". So could that be another reason why he denied the waiver? Or maybe he wants to reprimand JB for all these silly motions and wants his client there to hear it!

It is possible that JB filed this motion hoping to get the Judge to suggest keeping the camera shots off of KC directly during the hearings. This would keep her every expression from being replayed constantly on media shows and news. If the Judge falls for this, it will prove a smart move for JB.

My personal thought is that he was sooooo embarassed by her schoolgirl crush flirting with him after the last hearing, and he will try anything to make sure that isn't captured on camera again for his wife and the world to see! He must have wanted to crawl into a hole and hide after he had to watch that over and over!!

Quote Originally Posted by Virtual Truth View Post
    It is possible that JB filed this motion hoping to get the Judge to suggest keeping the camera shots off of KC directly during the hearings. This would keep her every expression from being replayed constantly on media shows and news. If the Judge falls for this, it will prove a smart move for JB.

My personal thought is that he was sooooo embarassed by her schoolgirl crush flirting with him after the last hearing, and he will try anything to make sure that isn't captured on camera again for his wife and the world to see! He must have wanted to crawl into a hole and hide after he had to watch that over and over!!
    Is he married, I haven't seen a ring?

Quote Originally Posted by Capri View Post
    Is he married, I haven't seen a ring?
    If believe so....He and his wife went on the boat with GR, right?

Tim should be at the hearing on Friday, correct?
    Justice For Caylee Marie

Quote Originally Posted by mydailyopinions View Post
    I would think so, since one of the motions involves TX Equ. The SA already said that they don't control the records for a private company. They told JB to talk to them.

LOL Debs~ Good one!

I think to file such a motion after the Judge's decision was made...isn't going to make him very happy. I want to see JB admonished yet another time by Judge Strickland. Maybe this time the Judge can smack him on the forehead like they do in the V-8 commercials for added effect. hehehe

OT: Hey...that is a route that JB hasn't thought of yet to make money for Casey! Product placement for the hearings and the trial!

JB...could you raise your sleeve a bit more to show off the watch to the camera? Is that a Pepsi I see on the defense table? Is Casey wearing the latest red nail polish from Revlon?
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.

What I post are my opinions only.

Quote Originally Posted by mydailyopinions View Post
    I would think so, and I'm guessing Mark Nejame with him.

Quote Originally Posted by sumbunny View Post
    Cay could be a new personality developping.

She's adding to the Zenaida group of personalities.

Cay must be the one that wears those teacher glasses and white blouses.
    ROTFLMAO (after spitting wine all over my monitor!)...That is a good one!

Has anyone seen the new Showtime series "The United States of Tara". It is about a mother & wife (Toni Collette) who has four different personalities. Her husband is played by Jon Corbett. It is so funny.

I have been reading for months, but haven't posted much. Last night I read the thread about being addicted to Websleuths and it really cracked me up.

I am in awe of the fact that FAMU Law school in Orlando has actually hired JB to teach! The Tallahassee Democrat has a story about Florida A & M University planning millions in budget cuts. I suggested that JB be one of the first to let go. I can not believe that the article stated that he was using FAMU students to assist with KC's defense!

Quote Originally Posted by Thinaire View Post
    Great post NancyB...and isn't this just how a narcisist/sociopath would argue? Argue each little bit of minutae, not the murdered baby.

I would wager a new snow shovel that this is exactly how Casey argued with her parents all those years..no wonder I throw socks at the TV when the defense attornies are spewing their nonsense!
    Exactly! And if the minutiae is about Casey, then it's actually a really BIG DEAL and just as important as Judge Strickland's Order and the actual purpose of the hearing. Where on earth does the desire not to have the media comment on your appearance warrant a legal motion?? Only in Casey Land.

Certainly, no one is thinking she didn't sign this herself, right? Just saying....

Just found the doc. Her signature is on pg. 2:

http://www.wftv.com/news/18577477/detail.html
    Hmmmm and here is a handwriting expert with a copy of Caseys signature and her interpretation of her sig http://72.14.235.132/search?q=cache:...ient=firefox-a

This is a FULL sig

The One on the right to waiver looks kike Initials Sig

I personally could care less about her appearance..(I'll admit I was curious when talk began about possibly being Preg.) I don't believe Casey has ever had to own up to or face the consequences of anything she's ever done. I think if she had, then little Caylee would still be here.
    I want her sitting there through the whole process so she see's just how much Caylee's life mattered..To be held accountable for all the many lives she has destroyed. It makes me totally sick when anyone comments how attractive she is...I just don't see it personally and throw up alittle every time it's said. I only see evil when I look at her, it's all around her and its obvious when we see what has happened to everyone who gets involved with this case...

At least Nejame saw the need to sprinkle Holy Water early on and got the he!! out..It is going to take no less than the Pope himself and a mass exorcism to clear the crowd when this is over.JMO

Someone needs to take JB aside and tell him the story of the boy who cried wolf, or the one about Mathilda. Very slowly. So he gets it.

Quote Originally Posted by sua_sponte View Post
    Does anyone eles think Baez may be convincing her that she should stay away from court so she doesn't see him in action?
    Yes, that thought has crossed my mind.

Does she get to see any or all of the Motions that JB files with the court? If so, that in itself should give her a clue as to his competence.
    My Mom told me (and showed me) that "Parent is a verb, not a noun" ~ thanks Mom

Agreed. My hinky meter nearly exploded when I saw that signature.
    My Mom told me (and showed me) that "Parent is a verb, not a noun" ~ thanks Mom

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast