765 users online (121 members and 644 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

MA - Dorchester, AdmixFemale 535UFMA, 25-35, in apt bldg chimney, Oct'05

Police said the bones found Friday in the chimney of a Dorchester apartment building are likely those of a woman, but they are no closer to identifying who the woman is, or when and how she might have died.

The Suffolk District Attorney's Office said a hand and a partial arm bone were found by a chimney sweep Friday about 10 a.m. at 17-19 Winter St.

Investigators said it appears the remains were stuck in the chimney for several years.

A source said one way authorities were able to idenify the remains as belonging to a human female is because ``It looked like she had polished nails.''
    http://news.bostonherald.com/localRe...ticleid=107257
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 11-07-2013 at 01:05 AM.
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

MA- UID Female Found in Boston Chimney - Oct. 2005

The Doe Network:
    Case File 535UFMA
    Unidentified White Female with Admixture

* The victim was discovered on October 14, 2005 in Dorchester, Suffolk County, Massachusetts
    * Estimated Date of Death: She could have been deceased anywhere from 3 months to five years before discovery.
    * Skeletal Remains
    * Formerly Hot Case # 312

Vital Statistics

* Estimated age: 25-35 years old. (+/- 5 years)
    * Approximate Height and Weight: 5' 2" (+/- 3"); small-medium build.
    * Distinguishing Characteristics: Mixed: Caucasian/Hispanic with possible Black or Asian Ad-mixture Female. Eye color unknown. Black or Dark Brown hair, past shoulder length. X-rays showed no broken or healed bones or any other injuries during life. There were no visible scars or tattoos. She was wearing red plastic fingernails. She had at least one child.
    * Dentals: Lost posterior lower teeth, her molars were gone, front lower teeth present. She had a very unique upper partial dental plate, which held three teeth only two were present. Based on certain grooves on her teeth, it is believed that this acrylic plate replaced a metal one that she had worn previously. A civilian dental expert indicates that the style and construction of the plate shows it may have been made either in the Caribbean or in the United States by a dentist from Haiti or Jamaica. A dental expert said the plate was probably black market or underground.

Case History
    The victim was located in Dorchester, Massachusetts on October 14, 2005, in an apartment building just outside Boston, at 1719 Winter Street. A chimney sweep was hired to clean out the basement chimney and fix the heating in the apartment building.
    In the late 1960s, the chimney was used as an incinerator, but since then an air conditioning unit was placed at the opening. Behind the air conditioner was a slab of cement and a piece of particleboard. The chimney sweep made a small hole through the board and began to pull out debris. He pulled out what he thought was a tree branch. However, when he looked closer at it, he saw that there were red plastic fingernails attached. He immediately called 9-1-1 and the Boston Police Department discovered a female body entombed in the chimney.

The lead investigator for the case says he thinks she was there since 2002. "Somebody who had some association with the building -- a resident, an employee or someone familiar with a resident or employee -- has some knowledge about whatever happened."
    Between January 2002 and January 2005, he said, an access door to the building basement was typically left unlocked. Whoever buried the woman knew that, he said, and knew of the chimney as a hiding place.

The Massachusetts State Medical Examiner's Forensic Anthropologist was called to the scene to recover, and examine the body. The Anthropologist conducted an extensive examination and population profile of the deceased and the results denote strong Caucasian genetics. However there were several other genetic identifiers/traits pointing to population mixture, such as her mouth, and jaw-line. The victim's hair was straight, and black or dark brown and past shoulder length. She may or may not have appeared to be Caucasian by her skin color, or other visual racial/ethnic features. She may also have appeared to be Caucasian, and claimed or been of another racial/ethnic background independently. Therefore, these facts should not eliminate the possibility of her being from either the Caucasian/Hispanic, Black or Asian population/race. Grooves in her hips "suggest" childbirth, she possibly could have had children.

Investigators
    If you have any information about this case please contact:
    Boston Police Department Homicide Unit
    Sergeant Paul Donovan
    617-343-4433

Felecia Johnson:

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/...n_felecia.html

had two children, upper front two teeth are dentures, fits height/weight. and age.
    Some people do crossword puzzles or Soduko in their spare time...I look at skeletal reconstructions and work on UID puzzles. I swear I'm not this morbid in person!

Help Fred Murray find his daughter and bring her home. He should not be walking those woods alone!
    What Happened to Maura Murray? http://www.mauramurraymissing.com

I remember when they found this body and I wondered if the key might be the nails. I wish they would show an edited photo and I wonder if her nails were done professionally, were tips and or were done by herself.

Somewhere, there is a nail lady saying "whatever happened to..."

Who walls a woman up in a chimney? I mean, doesn't dump her in the street or dumpster, but goes to the trouble of walling her up in a chimney. They had all the time they needed to get her into it without being noticed...
    email me

Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99

Bob Harrod SAR

“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

Quote Originally Posted by believe09 View Post
    I remember when they found this body and I wondered if the key might be the nails. I wish they would show an edited photo and I wonder if her nails were done professionally, were tips and or were done by herself.

Somewhere, there is a nail lady saying "whatever happened to..."

Who walls a woman up in a chimney? I mean, doesn't dump her in the street or dumpster, but goes to the trouble of walling her up in a chimney. They had all the time they needed to get her into it without being noticed...
    Referring to them as "plastic nails" makes me think they were probably the do-it-yourself press on nails. Though I suppose they could be the professionally done acrylic ones that salons specialize in. It would be interesting to find out.

Quote Originally Posted by future criminologist View Post
    Felecia Johnson:

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/...n_felecia.html

had two children, upper front two teeth are dentures, fits height/weight. and age.
    Interesting, especially considering the teeth. Do you think though that they would have mentioned her other missing teeth? The fact that this UIDs teeth were almost entirely missing except for her front bottom teeth seems a pretty strong identifier.

possible match DOE 535UFMA & 946dfma

My bet would be Lisa Lvette Hall
    Missing since December 31, 1992 from Dorchester, Massachusetts.
    http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/946dfma.html

Lisa was last seen not too far from where this UID was found. She may have been there a lot longer than 5 years!

Submitted to DOE for panel review
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by dearmont; 01-31-2009 at 09:46 PM. Reason: ETA: Submitted
    I choose to walk to path less travelled, and that has made all the difference

Quote Originally Posted by dearmont View Post
    My bet would be Lisa Lvette Hall
    Missing since December 31, 1992 from Dorchester, Massachusetts.
    http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/946dfma.html

Lisa was last seen not too far from where this UID was found. She may have been there a lot longer than 5 years!

Submitted to DOE for panel review
    Dearmont, I have to laugh-I was combing NAMUS this am looking for a match to this UID and came across the same candidate that you did; mind you almost 4 weeks later...kudos.

I think this one makes a whole lot of sense, and wonder if there is a chance LE has looked into her already? You have to figure that the body in the chimney was mummified because of the lack of exposure....
    email me

Bob Harrod SAR

― Maya Angelou

Submitted to Rocky for panel review - have not heard anything yet. I also called and left msg with the Boston PD Detective listed - again, no call back. Realize that these do take time, but.....

Dearmont: Keep trying! It is a promising lead and they need to take notice.

Follow-up call this morning to Boston PD - they now have the information on Lisa Lvette Hall and will review her case as a possible match. This is still an active homicide investigation.

Quote Originally Posted by dearmont View Post
    Follow-up call this morning to Boston PD - they now have the information on Lisa Lvette Hall and will review her case as a possible match. This is still an active homicide investigation.
    Does this mean they did not consider the possibility before?????

Oh my land, the Brahmins are letting us down...
    email me

Bob Harrod SAR

― Maya Angelou

I did not speak to the Detective in charge, but another detective on the cold case squad. He took the information and would pass it to the DiC - he did say that as a matter of course the PD does review all missing persons cases trying to find matches - so, good chance they did review Lisa Hall's file. The detective did tell me the PD would let me know if there is a positive ID on the UID and I'll post the results.

I've been without a computer for weeks so I'm just reading this now but I thought in my initial research on this Ms. Lvette Hall had been considered and eliminated as a possibility. I could be wrong though....

bump.

Any news on this case?
    "There Is a Light That Never Goes Out." (The Smiths)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast