NY NY - Hudson Highlands SP, Mt Taurus "Bull Hill", WhtFem 45-65, 236UFNY, clothes, accessories, Oct'07

BethInAK

Reaction score
I did a search for both Hudson Highlands State Park and Philiipstown NY and didn't get any matches, so hoping there isn't already a thread on this UID.

This woman was found in a state park and had only been there a couple of days - she doesn't look 50-60 to me - she looks younger, but I suppose they would know better than i. She had alot of clothes on her but her belongings do not lead me to believe that she is a transient - her purse contents looks much like what most women have.

Cause of death is still pending- could she have travelled to new york to kill herself and thats why she has no identification? Or could she have been killed and dumped and thats why she has no identification.

Warning postmortem photo at link

http://www.theyaremissed.org/ncma/gallery/ncmaprofile_all.php?U200700075S

Name:
NY- Jane Doe 0075
Classification:
Unidentified Investigative Case #:
07-36454 NCIC #:
U210021349 Dental Charts Available:
Y DNA Available:
Y Skeletal Remains (y/n):
N Located Date:
2007-10-13 Date of Death From:
2007-10-12 Area Found:
Hudson Highlands State Park Area Found:
Phillipstown, NY Approximate Age:
50-60 Gender:
Female Height:
66 to 68 inches Weight:
125 to 135 pounds Race:
White Complexion:
Light Hair Color:
Brown Hair (Other):
Shoulder length Eye Color:
Unknown Glasses/Contacts Description:
Red sunglasses. Identifying Characteristics:
Healed pierced earlobes, very mild Scoliosis. Clothing:
Blue sweatshirt, blue "Cavaricci" jeans, black sweater, black "Reebok" high top athletic shoes, brown belt, red sunglasses, umbrella. Jewelry:
Gold colored "Quartz" watch with black band. Circumstances:
Unknown. On October 13, 2007, an unidentified female body was found by hikers in the area of Breckneck Mountain, Hudson Highlands State Park in Phillipstown, NY, Putnam County. It is believed she had been in the area on October 12, 2007 as it was raining on that day and the body was wet and she had an umbrella with her. Cause of death is pending.

I have looked at this one in the past as well, but never found anyone that seemed to match this picture. I thought she looked younger as well.

I suppose it's possible that she killed herself, but to be honest the contortion of her face in the picture and the scratches on her face make me think that she was hit on the side of the head/face pretty hard. Unless she killed herself by falling from a great height, I think she was killed.

I wonder if the place she was found was at the base of a steep edge, and she either jumped or fell.

The amount of items on her and the number of clothes she carried tells me she was either a transient or who was going on a hiking trip and planning to camp out for days at a time. That's a lot of stuff.

does Doe Network have a page for this UID as well?

I find that they have more info than NCMA. I'm surprised they posted the actual post-mortem photo without some of warning - most sites do that.

also, the UID looks to me to be someone who could be more like 35-50 years old, who has just lived a very "hard" life. anyone else agree?

does Doe Network have a page for this UID as well?

I find that they have more info than NCMA. I'm surprised they posted the actual post-mortem photo without some of warning - most sites do that.

NCMA usually posts the post mortem photos if they have them available. And there is a warning before you go into the UID page, but not one for each individual page.

She's on Doe: http://www.doenetwork.org/hot/hotcase806.html

Fingerprints, DNA and Dentals are available.

There's a larger version of the artist sketch here:
http://www.troopers.state.ny.us/Wan...w.cfm?ID=c63b7bfe-643c-437a-b270-ce944f02c039

The sketch to me doesn't really look like the post mortem.

I don't really see the resemblance in the Doe to Marilyn except for maybe the nose. Plus Marilyn was 10 years old at disappearance than the Doe is estimated to be.

The drawing doesn't look similar to me either, sorry.

http://www.nampn.org/cases/cuomo_nicole.html

the creases on her forehead are the same, the ears look attached at the lobe, her nose is very similar...

I suspect the age estimation is off as well-- she just doesn't look that old, and I doubt she'd be carrying around a tampon if she was 60 (at least I think that's a tampon in the plastic zip bag)

I doubt she was a transient because her belongings look very clean and well maintained, and some of them are even in zippered bags.

Some of those items in her purse seem a little odd to be carrying day-to-day, like the two pairs of long scissors, the lint roller and the razor (or razors, I can't tell if that's two of them.) Most women wouldn't carry a razor in their purses because shaving is a procedure that also requires water and/or soap. My guess is she was a traveler or a camper.

They must have a cause of death by now. :confused:

I think you are onto something, Tamar! I agree that Nicole Cuomo looks a lot like the deceased woman. I checked out her Myspace page and it kind of creeped me out:
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewProfile&friendID=193854723

Descriptions match: Nicole Cuomo was 68" tall, 130 lbs. Haircolor doesn't match.. but it appears that- from Nicole's photos, that her hair was dyed blond with dark roots, it's possible that she could've dyed her hair darker (assuming the UID is Nicole..) Nicole's haircolor is listed as blond or strawberry.

She was a very adventurous girl, and to me she looks older than 40 in most of her Myspace photos. She probably looks older than stated age due to all the sun exposure from spending so much time outdoors.

However.. the big question is: If the unidentified woman is Nicole Cuomo, how did she end up in NY on 10-12-07 when she went missing from FL on 9-22-07?? I suppose she could have hopped a plane.. or a boat, but why would she do that? Investigators would have checked all flights going out, you would hope.. hmmmm

In some of Nicole Cuomo's MySpace photos she is seen wearing a pair of sunglasses that appear to be red, though it's hard to tell for sure. I can recognize at least two different pairs in her photos and it makes sense that someone who enjoyed outdoor activities in Florida would own more than one pair, but it seems like those red ones were her favorites.

I'm no forensic scientist but I personally think that from her photo alone, Jane Doe looks more like a 30-to-40-year-old.

ETA: Great photo comparison, though I wonder what that bump or discoloration is by Nicole's right eye (it appears on the left in the photo, of course.) Jane Doe doesn't have it, although it could have been a temporary skin condition that cleared up.

ETA2: After taking a second look, she has a mark by both eyes.

Side by Side Comparison:

Attachments

• MarilynSundin.JPG
    MarilynSundin.JPG
    13.3 KB · Views: 143

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads