OH OH - Liam Morrissey, 26, Cincinnati, 11 May 1992

JenBMomto3

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone has ever looked into Liam Morrisey to be a possible match I remember seeing his picture, I will go back to doe network and see what I find out. OK he is on Index page number 75. When I saw the picture of Jason Doe I thought I saw a similarity between the two. Missing in 92 has a tattoo on arm doesn't say what of. I dont think Jason Doe's says where his Star tattooo is located. Liam is a little older than the report says Jason Doe is but worth a look nonetheless. Just wanted to see if I missed it and he has been ruled out or not.

I believe that JD's tattoo was on his left arm. Liam's Doe page states right arm. http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1070dmoh.html

To my very un-trained eye I see similarities in both of their noses, also even the slight ridge in the top lips.

I wonder if the correct arm was listed for Liams tattoo??

Yes I saw the same similarities and figured with his disapearance a few years earlier his hair could have grown out. ?? I must have missed where it said Jason Doe's tat was located. It was really late when I was looking through the pics.... Could be a possibility people make mistakes. Not only that but the tattoo on right arm of Liam was there prior to disapearance (since they didn't say what it was of?) and then he got a new one of the star while missing... Body so damaged in that area from the accident the earlier tattoo not recognized/seen only the star??

I missed an S in his last name, there is 2 instead of one.
2 R'S and 2 S's.
I can't fix it. I dont think or I dont know how.
Is there someone that can guide me on how to correct it to Morrissey.

http://beta.cincinnati.com/article/20090201/NEWS0104/902010372/1055/news

Says predeceased by son Liam, They are from cincinatti. I am assuming this is the same family. If he had been found to be dead then they would have taken him out of the system right? And if they had declared him legally dead after all these years then they leave the missing persons report up?

I've seen several missing persons cases that mentioned that the individual had been declared legally deceased.

I believe that JD's tattoo was on his left arm. Liam's Doe page states right arm. http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1070dmoh.html

To my very un-trained eye I see similarities in both of their noses, also even the slight ridge in the top lips.

I think I read that JD had a 'light' tattoo on his right arm as well as the star on the left. Have to check it, but I'm almost postive I read that.

_________UPDATE__________________Here it is:
He had a tattoo of a 5 pointed star on his upper left arm and a possible faint tattoo on his right arm.
http://www.find-missing-children.org/Posters/poster399.htm

Hmmmm... Thats interesting. Different site has diferent info, go figure.

I think I read that JD had a 'light' tattoo on his right arm as well as the star on the left. Have to check it, but I'm almost postive I read that.

_________UPDATE__________________Here it is:
He had a tattoo of a 5 pointed star on his upper left arm and a possible faint tattoo on his right arm.
http://www.find-missing-children.org/Posters/poster399.htm

I saw that the other day, and I think it is something we should try and get confirmation of if we can. None of the other websites mention this possible tattoo, and if this bit of information is accurate, it could be a fairly important clue.

His star tattoo was pretty obviously a do-it-yourself job, I wonder if this mark on his right arm was a previous attempt that ended up not working.

In any event, "possible tattoo" or not, if Jason had some odd mark on his arm, it would be interesting to know what it looked like.

I totally agree. I think there are so many inconsistencies in this one. Maybe we should write to someone and ask for any information that we can have. I've seen other people do that, not sure where to start.

JenBMomto3 - You can call the contact number for Jason Grateful Doe. I believe it is the Virginia Medical Examiner's Office. The number is on Jason's poster and in the thread with the facts, I believe.

I have attempted to contact them several times, but am not getting through. I have sent emails and left voice messages. Sooooo, if you want to try, I could certainly use the backup. Maybe if they know more than 1 person is trying to get information, they will respond?

If you make contact, just explain that you are from an organization that helps to identify UID's. I always say I am from Lighting the Way Home, based in GA, but that we are an internet group. I talked to a detective from OK yesterday and he was happy to have any help he could get. Generally everyone is very nice and willing to help.

Because this is a bit off topic, I am also going to post it in the fact thread and I'll add more about the information we need.

Salem

Thank you Salem. I will check out the fact thread, write a list and then call. I will post as soon as I hear something, IF I do....

Hi, there. Liam Morrissey is my cousin. Last time I saw him was when my Aunt Patty called and told me that he was in a coma in a San Fran hospital (which was near my house); it was 1991 or 1992. When Liam came out of the coma, we helped him get home to Cincinnati so that he could be there in time for his sister's wedding. Yet, shortly after her wedding, he disappeared into thin air -- he didn't take anything with him; it's like he was just going out somewhere but never returned. Of course, nothing's that simple; however, it's still odd.

Please contact me so that we can share further information. In the meantime, I've contacted my fellow cousins (siblings of Liam) to obtain more information about his tattoos, last time seen, etc.

Tks,
Carrie, first cousin of Liam Morrissey

Please check out my latest post and contact me. Liam's mom (my aunt) is on the verge of kidney failure, and it sure would be nice if I could provide her with info about her son before she passes away. The obit about Liam's dad, which mentioned that he was a surviving member of the family, was based on the optimism that Liam is still alive. The family will never report him as deceased until he is found dead or alive. It's a complicated story, but suffice it to say, I feel it's my responsibility to find out what happened to my cousin, as I was one of the few people to see him alive -- in San Fran, before we put him on a plane to Cincy so that he would be home in time for his sister's wedding. Many thanks, Carrie B., Liam's cousin.

I'm checking with the family to find out more about Liam's tattoos. Last time I saw him was in 1992, when he was in the hospital near our home in San Fran. I recall he had either one or two. One of them said something to the effect of "Born Loser" and the other one may have been an unfinished one with a star, but I don't recall. I do know that the tattoo was a jailhouse quality tattoo (although I don't believe he was ever incarcerated).

Yes I saw the same similarities and figured with his disapearance a few years earlier his hair could have grown out. ?? I must have missed where it said Jason Doe's tat was located. It was really late when I was looking through the pics.... Could be a possibility people make mistakes. Not only that but the tattoo on right arm of Liam was there prior to disapearance (since they didn't say what it was of?) and then he got a new one of the star while missing... Body so damaged in that area from the accident the earlier tattoo not recognized/seen only the star??

I don't know if Liam is the Jason Grateful Doe. Could someone please send me a link to Jason so that I can take a look? Also please let me know where and when Jason was found.

Here is his Doe Network page
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/127umva.html

He was in a car accident on June 26, 1995 in Virginia. If you browse through this forum, you will find lots of information about him.

I checked out your link, and it doesn't look like Jason Grateful Doe is Liam, for a variety of reasons:

1. The facial features and the tattoos don't look anything like Liam based on when I saw him last in 1992. Even though the renderings are from 1995, none of them resemble Liam, even if he was older.
2. I don't believe Liam was a Deadhead, although I'll check with his family. Also chances are Liam wouldn't have had the dinero to buy tickets, much less travel to get there.
3. When Liam disappeared, to my knowledge he left without taking anything with him. He had only been back in Cincinnati a short while, as his Mom had sent him a plane ticket to return to Cincy from SanFran, which is where he ended up in the hospital due to an overdose, and the family called me because I lived in SF. I believe Liam may have died long before 1995. Even if he was trying to get back to California, I don't believe he had any money. Some of this is conjecture on my part, but I am discussing details with the family as to when he left and whether he had friends nearby that maybe he went to visit that day.
4. Last time I saw Liam, his head was shaved. When he was a kid and a young adult, I don't recall him having curly hair. His hair was also a dark brown and straight.
5. Liam never struck me as the type to wear macrame or bead type necklaces. When we saw him last, he was plainly dressed.
6. The note says Jason, not Liam: " He had a note in his pocket that said: "To Jason, Sorry we had to go. See you around. Caroline O. and Caroline T." The note had a phone number with a 914 prefix. There was no area code.
7. Liam was always very thin. There's no way he could have every weighted 169 pounds.

Based on the foregoing, I don't believe that Jason Doe is Liam.

I'm going to forward the family this entire thread and ask them to add further details.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biff
Back