740 users online (83 members and 657 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

VA - Fairfax Co., BlkMale Child 461UMVA, 3-6, in Massey Creek near I-95, Jun'72

I just had to post him, I wonder who this little fella was ????

http://www.vsp.state.va.us/missing_c...d-06131072.htm
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 12-17-2012 at 08:41 PM.

Located June 13, 1972

Sex: Male

Race: Black

Heighth: 4'0"

Weight: 50 lbs.

Eyes: Brown

Hair: Black

Estimated age: 3-6 years old

Found in Massey Creek, Fairfax, Virginia.

cases involving unidentified children makes me think that the parents have something to with it

Probably a sleezy boyfriend or step dad. That is who is involved in many of these child killings. Mothers are so stupid for getting involved with these men, they should be prosecuted too.

Just a fyi, this isn't George Barksdale missing from Baltimore in 1969...

Probably was the parents anways and possibly the same case for these kids too:

http://doenetwork.org/cases/626umca.html

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/437umnc.html

and here's this child's Doe Network case file: http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/461umva.html
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 12-17-2012 at 08:42 PM.

I can't believe a little boy was thrown away like this and no one even seemed to notice. how sad.

Massey Creek borders Mason Neck State Park on the north side. This land was purchased in parcels by the Nature Conservancy and the Commonwealth of Virginia starting in 1965 and the park opened to the public in 1985. Massey Creek empties into the Occoquan River just above where the Occoquan empties into the Potomac River. It's all bedroom communities to Washington D.C. now, but in 1972 it would have been considered the back of beyond. There are a few reasons that someone would have known about the empty land in this rather remote area:

1 - Army personnel or staff stationed at Fort Belvoir which is just a few miles north on Route 1
    2 - Someone attached to the Lorton Correction Complex, which was part of the District of Columbia Department of Corrections and included several levels of security - it had a prison farm, so in addition to inmates, guards and visitors would possibly have had tradespeople picking up product from their dairy or farm.
    3 - Someone from Woodbridge, which is across the Occoquan from Massey Creek, or Dale City, which adjoins it
    4 - Quantico Marine Base staff (about 10 miles south on Route 1)
    5 - And there is always the possibility that someone spied an opportunity while driving on Interstate 95, which crosses the Occoquan immediately west of where the body was found.

Of these, I think that the person was likely someone with a boat - I am not sure that there was a road to access the creek at that time, but there is a lot of marsh around there also, so the body could have washed into the creek. It seems likely that whoever dumped this child had a boat or access to one; I wonder who discovered him? The Doe Network listing says that he was beaten severly about the head and thrown into the water naked. It also specifically lists that he was found near the I-95 exit.

Los Angeles, CA - I'm officially a "Valley Girl"
    Cases like this boggle my mind. How is it that a child disappears from a family and no one notices? Not a neighbor, a friend, a distant relative no one. That is what is crazy to me. I can see how the parents would be able to hide the crime within their own four walls and maybe be able to move from a neigborhood, but surely there would be a grandma or grandpa that would notice the child is suddenly gone. So sad. Poor little guy!

Quote Originally Posted by Bluecat
    Massey Creek borders Mason Neck State Park on the north side. This land was purchased in parcels by the Nature Conservancy and the Commonwealth of Virginia starting in 1965 and the park opened to the public in 1985. Massey Creek empties into the Occoquan River just above where the Occoquan empties into the Potomac River. It's all bedroom communities to Washington D.C. now, but in 1972 it would have been considered the back of beyond. There are a few reasons that someone would have known about the empty land in this rather remote area:

1 - Army personnel or staff stationed at Fort Belvoir which is just a few miles north on Route 1
    2 - Someone attached to the Lorton Correction Complex, which was part of the District of Columbia Department of Corrections and included several levels of security - it had a prison farm, so in addition to inmates, guards and visitors would possibly have had tradespeople picking up product from their dairy or farm.
    3 - Someone from Woodbridge, which is across the Occoquan from Massey Creek, or Dale City, which adjoins it
    4 - Quantico Marine Base staff (about 10 miles south on Route 1)
    5 - And there is always the possibility that someone spied an opportunity while driving on Interstate 95, which crosses the Occoquan immediately west of where the body was found.

Of these, I think that the person was likely someone with a boat - I am not sure that there was a road to access the creek at that time, but there is a lot of marsh around there also, so the body could have washed into the creek. It seems likely that whoever dumped this child had a boat or access to one; I wonder who discovered him? The Doe Network listing says that he was beaten severly about the head and thrown into the water naked. It also specifically lists that he was found near the I-95 exit.
    That's some good info to follow on

Bumping up

I wonder if forensic scientists could do tests on his teeth that could roughly determine the region where he grew up. That way if he was from another state police may be able to pinpoint a general area to search for his family. If he was from interstate and his parents were involved in his murder there may be grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins who are not even aware he is missing or have even heard of this poor unidentified child. Families can lose touch so easily. Hopefully someone from his family or neighbourhood could identify him if we only knew where he was from.

VA-Body of Boy found 6/13/1972 still not identified, Fairfax Co, Virginia

Forces across nation strive to solve ’72 beating death of boy

On June 13, 1972, a 14-year-old boy was pushing his bicycle to a nearby gas station on a country road to put air in his tire when he came across the body of a savagely beaten boy in a creek. Nearly 40 years later, police have yet to identify the dead child or find his killer. But their search continues.
    “There is always hope,” Fairfax County police Officer Shelley Broderick said.
    Police have taken DNA samples and placed them in the FBI’s National Missing Person DNA Database, and recently produced a lifelike photo of the boy in the hopes that someone will recognize his face and come forward with information that could help solve this case.
    The child was found in Massey Creek on Old Colchester Road just off of Interstate 95 and not far from Fort Belvoir.
    Police believe the boy was between 3 and 6 years old. He was about 4 feet tall and 50 pounds.
    He had suffered blunt force trauma injuries to the head and abrasions, and was stripped naked, but police found no evidence that he was sexually abused. They did, however, find scars from past physical abuse.
    The autopsy found that the boy had a full stomach, indicating that he probably ate breakfast that morning, perhaps at one of the nearby restaurants along I-95, police said.
    At the time of his death, police checked teletypes for missing children up and down the East Coast, but none matched the description of the boy found in Massey Creek.
    About 10 years ago, the Alexandria-based National Center for Missing & Exploited Children created a computer-assisted facial reconstruction of the child, one of the first attempts by the organization to use the new technology.
    A forensic artist used pictures taken by police, and knowing the changes that occur immediately after death — the facial muscles relax, the face flattens out and the eyes go blank — tried to restore him with “that spark of life,” said Jerry Nance, supervisor of the forensic services unit at NCMEC.
    “Unfortunately, this is a very old case, one of our oldest, but there’s the off chance that a grandmother may remember the face or someone sees his picture and says, ‘That’s my cousin,’ ” Nance said. “We still keep looking.”
    Anyone with information, can contact NCMEC Cold Case Review Unit at 1-877-446-2632, ext. 6235 or 6295, or the Fairfax County Crime Solvers at 866-411-TIPS (8477). Callers never have to give their names or appear in court.

http://www.dcexaminer.com/local/0126...th_of_boy.html

Quote Originally Posted by STEADFAST View Post
    Thanks STEADFAST- I went looking and couldn't find this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast