Identified! PA - Philladelphia, BlkMale 1201UMPA, ~40, In Vacant Hotel, Mar'06 - Joseph Cole

Julespa

Reaction score
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1201umpa.html

Case File 1201UMPA

Sketch of Victim

Unidentified Black Male

The victim was discovered on March 30, 2006 in Philadelphia, Philadelphia County, Pennsylvania
Estimated Date of Death: March 29, 2006
Cause of Death: Exsanguination due to an incised wound of the foot and the manner is an accident

Vital Statistics
Estimated age: 40 years old
Approximate Height and Weight: 6'0"; 204 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: Slightly graying hair, curly, short, black hair with slight receding hairline; Brown eyes. He has a curly, sparse, short goatee beard and moustache covering the chin and upper lip.
Marks, Scars: 5" surgical midline abdominal scar, possibly an exploratory laporotomy.
Clothing: Black Eagles football jersey OWENS 81 size 5XL with whit insulated interior; green "Terrell Owens" Eagles jersey # 81 size: XL; blue Uniform Work Pants; black Windbreaker Pants size: 40 x 32; black University of Maryland fitted hat, size: 7 1/4. Blue Spongebob Squarepants; wristwatch. 1 Black Left Boot. Size: 13, Brand: Skechers.
Fingerprints: Not Available
Dentals: Available
DNA: Available

Case History
The victim was located in the old Divine Lorraine Hotel at 699 North Broad Street in North Philadelphia on March 30, 2006. A private security company found him in the basement of the abandoned hotel where it appears that the he was trying to burglarize. He had with him several tools that were used to saw through a fence and gain entry onto the grounds and inside of the hotel. The decedent appears to be a person who performed manual labor and may even be homeless. He is found with a makeshift turnequet around his right lower leg. It is believed that he cut himself while gaining entry into the hotel.

Investigators
If you have any information about this case please contact:
City of Philadelphia Medical Examiner's Office
215-823-7472

http://www.nampn.org/cases/mitte_eric.html

issing Since: December 21, 2005 from Los Angeles, California
Classification: Missing
Date Of Birth: 1966
Height: 6'0"
Weight: 230 lbs
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Brown
Race: Black
Case Number: 94-1824731

Details of Disappearance
Eric Mitte is missing from the Los Angeles area and was in the company of William Moore.

I am not sure of who William Moore, I can't find him as missing maybe he was a convicted felon?

There's a page on facebook for the Divine Lorraine, which shows pictures people have taken after sneaking into it. Some people say it's haunted.

I wonder what the unidentified was trying to burgalize from the hotel?

There's a page on facebook for the Divine Lorraine, which shows pictures people have taken after sneaking into it. Some people say it's haunted.

I wonder what the unidentified was trying to burgalize from the hotel?

If he was found in the basement, scrap pipes. Copper and building wiring are prime targets for thieves, since they are easy to get to and easy to turn in for cash and easy to hide so people don't get suspicious.
Being a good scrapper, I know what the bad ones do to get paid.

Going back over the photos, Eric doesnt look like him TBH, Erick has a rounder face, even though they are the same weight

The artist's conception of this John Doe looked nothing like the person in the coroner's photo. So I put the coroner's photo in a photo-editor and created my own.

061375aaModified.jpg

I should send this in to the Philly Coroner's office. If they put this photo on the poster, I would think that someone in the neigborhood would recognize him.

The artist's conception of this John Doe looked nothing like the person in the coroner's photo. So I put the coroner's photo in a photo-editor and created my own.

View attachment 6533

I should send this in to the Philly Coroner's office. If they put this photo on the poster, I would think that someone in the neigborhood would recognize him.

That's amazing. Good work.

As an aside FYW The Divine Lorraine was a beauty in her day. A few years ago they held a huge sale and sold everything they could out of there. It's in an iffy part of the city, but alot of the homeless and addicts do know eachother.

Karl, there's a Church in Old Willings Alley that helps the homeless. I think it's Old Saint Joe's. I can maybe e-mail them to take a look at your work. My dear friend found her brother that way. He died in a similar way to this man. It's sad. Everybody has somebody out there who cares. Sorry for the long winded post.

Great idea, filly!
Since you are from the area, feel free to distribute the image as you deem appropriate.

I don't understand why there are no fingerprints if he died the day before he was found.

Great reconstruction, Carl. Much better than the other one.

Bled to death from the foot? That's awful...

I'm really happy to see this poor guy identified.

Bled to death from the foot? That's awful...

I'm really happy to see this poor guy identified.

I remember this case b/c of the CoD - I kept thinking that it was such a horrible way to go. Poor guy. RIP, Mr. Cole.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back