1309 users online (241 members and 1068 guests)  

Websleuths News

Face Transplants Pending

Not sure where this story fits but it's interesting.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/TECH/science...ant/index.html

"Doctors in Kentucky have begun preparing a document to be submitted to an ethics panel at the University of Louisville School of Medicine seeking permission to perform a face transplant, the lead researcher in the endeavor told CNN.
    --
    The radical procedure, intended for patients with severe disfigurement, has not been attempted before, though doctors in the past have successfully reattached faces to patients after accidents.

The operation could offer new hope for those who suffer severe burns, cancer or gunshot wounds"
    Just my opinion

Saw this lady on Oprah last week.. she left her kids in the van when she went in the house to grab something and there was a fire... all her kids are severely burned, the baby... unrecognizable, but they survived.

It would be nice if something like this could help them.

My God wouldn't that be wonderful? I think medicine is amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by LP Moderator
    I think medicine is amazing!
    How many are you taking?

Not to make light of a serious subject matter here but this reminds me of the movie "Face Off" with John Travolta and Nicholas Cage... great movie, intense psychological thriller.
    Freethought is a philosophy not a policy-
    "The opinions expressed herein are not necessarily those of my employer, not necessarily mine, and probably not necessary."

Yes I was thinking about that face off movie when I read this thread! Nicolas Cage and John Travolta? right?

Quote Originally Posted by Casshew
    How many are you taking?

Hey, didn't you hear? We're all saving up our drugs for the trial!