Face Transplants Pending

Newswolf

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Not sure where this story fits but it's interesting.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/TECH/science/05/26/face.transplant/index.html

"Doctors in Kentucky have begun preparing a document to be submitted to an ethics panel at the University of Louisville School of Medicine seeking permission to perform a face transplant, the lead researcher in the endeavor told CNN.
--
The radical procedure, intended for patients with severe disfigurement, has not been attempted before, though doctors in the past have successfully reattached faces to patients after accidents.

The operation could offer new hope for those who suffer severe burns, cancer or gunshot wounds"

Saw this lady on Oprah last week.. she left her kids in the van when she went in the house to grab something and there was a fire... all her kids are severely burned, the baby... unrecognizable, but they survived.

It would be nice if something like this could help them. :)

Not to make light of a serious subject matter here but this reminds me of the movie "Face Off" with John Travolta and Nicholas Cage... great movie, intense psychological thriller.

Yes I was thinking about that face off movie when I read this thread! Nicolas Cage and John Travolta? right?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
galesr
Back