Texans let Ga. family keep possessions after eBay win

Texas Mist

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
"ATLANTA — It started as a family joke: Facing snowballing medical expenses for their two young disabled children, Gregg and Brittiny Peters quipped they might need to sell everything they owned to stay solvent. As the bills tipped $10,000, however, the idea was no longer funny.

So on Thursday, the Gainesville, Ga., couple accepted a winning $20,000 eBay bid for all their belongings minus their house.

It came with one catch. The winning bidders, Donnia and Keith Blair of Texas, want the family to have the money, but keep their stuff.....
"

rest of this happy story here:
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/hotstories/6240031.html

In a world filled with so much evil it is refreshing to be reminded that there is good out there. I don't understand why people would be upset that the family would want to return the donations though. It seems to me that they are a proud family that just doesn't feel right about taking something for nothing. I can understand this. I think all involved are people of good character and should be recognised as such. In a world where there are so many scams it is nice to see the honesty and integrity

How wonderful. Reading that story made my heart smile. :)
With all the horrors in the world, it sure is nice to read about something wonderful happening.

That is so beautiful to see, especially in these hard economic times!

Gives new meaning to "southern hospitality" :)

Aww, wouldn't it be great if that was what humanity was all about. Should be, could be.

What a beautiful story! It really goes to show that there are great people out there. I am glad that someone was able to afford to help this family.
Paying it forward is what it is all about..When you do good by others, it comes back to you 100 times over..
God Bless these kind souls..

I got warm & fuzzies reading it...there's just not enough good news these days. It made me feel better when I read it.

I'm touched by what the Blairs are doing, but this family is taking the joy out of it by refusing the generous gift.

IMO, they're coming off as ungrateful. While I admire wanting to do something on your own, the kids must come first - and the Blairs are giving them the means to not only take care of their children but to take care of them in a home with furniture, stroller, appliances, etc. I don't understand how they can take care of the kids if they don't have the items to live an everyday life.

I applaud the Blairs and hope they continue to care about others in spite of the way this other couple are treating their kindness and generosity.

I think the buyers should have a thrift shop send a truck for the goods. That way the family could use part of the money to buy back what they need at cheap prices and keep their pride in tact.

Others could benefit from whatever they don't buy back from the thrift shop.

I'm touched by what the Blairs are doing, but this family is taking the joy out of it by refusing the generous gift.

IMO, they're coming off as ungrateful. While I admire wanting to do something on your own, the kids must come first - and the Blairs are giving them the means to not only take care of their children but to take care of them in a home with furniture, stroller, appliances, etc. I don't understand how they can take care of the kids if they don't have the items to live an everyday life.

I applaud the Blairs and hope they continue to care about others in spite of the way this other couple are treating their kindness and generosity.

I would encourage you to read their blog. I understand why you feel this way after reading that article. IMO the article was poorly written.
http://blog.everythingweown.org/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lefer
Back