What Differences Will A Year Make...If Trial is Set for January 2010?

Never4GetCaylee

Reaction score
If they set the trial date tomorrow for January 15th 2010, what difference do you think the year will make?

Will the majority of people lose interest?

Will it be better or worse for Casey?

Will the media cover the trial with the same
attention they are giving the case now?

Will things "quiet down" from daily "bombshells"
to the very occasional one.

What will Nancy Grace do? Go on hiatus?

Will the A's be able to start putting their lifes back
together or keep it on hold for a year?

Will JB still be Casey's attorney?

Will the Dream Team still be around?

Will Casey crack?

What difference do you think a year will make?

KC will be just as guilty a year from now as she is now, I don't believe its gonna make a big difference actually

Much of the drama will be forgotten and I think it will only benefit her.jmho of course.

A lot can happen between now and 2010. She may plea (I know,I know), someone else may be implicated for something, she fires her defense team or another person ends up in the psych ward.

If they set the trial date tomorrow for January 15th 2010, what difference do you think the year will make?

Will the majority of people lose interest?

Will it be better or worse for Casey?

What will Nancy Grace do? Go on hiatus?

Will JB still be Casey's attorney?

Will the Dream Team still be around?

Will Casey crack?

What difference do you think a year will make?

I think, in general, the media coverage will die down, especially the local coverage. I think we have a skewed perspective here since we are immersed in the cases daily twists and turns. I'm sure the general public only pays attention in passing, kind of like I did prior to finding the first doc dump and WS. When the trial starts, media coverage will flare up again and it will become hot news again until the trial and sentencing is over. After that, this case will be relegated to Discovery Channel docudramas.

very interesting thread... and one issue that I had actually wanted to discuss on websleuths.......was pertaining to what the SA said at the last hearing.... that change of venue was not needed right now because if the trial were a year out things could change where IT WOULD NOT BE NEEDED.

That got me to thinking.... what could possibly make it not needed??? And then I thought....more evidence coming back in that links Casey directly to the body...like fingerprints on the tape or garbage bags and she ended up admitting guilt....

The female SA said it with so much determination it made me wonder if some of that testing weren't, in fact, back already!

Just thinking out loud....

I definitely don't think Casey will crack and confess, I also don't think she will take a plea. I think she doesn't mind at all that the trial might be a year away. She has it pretty cushy now as opposed to actually going to prison. She knows she isn't getting off and the longer in a county private cell the better.

I would be very surprised if JB lasts as her attorney for a year. Not sure if she fires him or he quits, but if it goes to trial in 2010, I doubt we'll see JB at the defense table.

I don't know what the A's will do. If they were smart, they would move out of Orlando and just come back for the trial, but I doubt that will happen for many reasons, one the big ones being financial issues. I think Lee will hightail it out of town though, possibly even out of Florida altogether.

I think Nancy Grace will move on from the case until the trial relatively shortly. Possibly she will take some time off in-between though to take some photography lessons to learn how to take non-blurry pictures of the twins. :)

I don't think she will crack and confess...but if her prints or skin cells are on that tape or the bags I think her atty would be able to convice her of a new defense strategy.... (we would hope)

I still find the SA's comment at the hearing very interesting... but I can also see what you mean about JB not lasting and that could be what she is referring to.

very interesting thread... and one issue that I had actually wanted to discuss on websleuths.......was pertaining to what the SA said at the last hearing.... that change of venue was not needed right now because if the trial were a year out things could change where IT WOULD NOT BE NEEDED.

That got me to thinking.... what could possibly make it not needed??? And then I thought....more evidence coming back in that links Casey directly to the body...like fingerprints on the tape or garbage bags and she ended up admitting guilt....

The female SA said it with so much determination it made me wonder if some of that testing weren't, in fact, back already!

The S.A. statement made me wonder as well...

I definitely don't think Casey will crack and confess, I also don't think she will take a plea. I think she doesn't mind at all that the trial might be a year away. She has it pretty cushy now as opposed to actually going to prison. She knows she isn't getting off and the longer in a county private cell the better.

I would be very surprised if JB lasts as her attorney for a year. Not sure if she fires him or he quits, but if it goes to trial in 2010, I doubt we'll see JB at the defense table.

I don't know what the A's will do. If they were smart, they would move out of Orlando and just come back for the trial, but I doubt that will happen for many reasons, one the big ones being financial issues. I think Lee will hightail it out of town though, possibly even out of Florida altogether.

I think Nancy Grace will move on from the case until the trial relatively shortly. Possibly she will take some time off in-between though to take some photography lessons to learn how to take non-blurry pictures of the twins. :)

Everything you said... I'll even throw in for the photography lessons for NG.

Never4GetCaylee, Great questions!

Will the majority of people lose interest? No

Will it be better or worse for Casey? Worse, even more press.

attention they are giving the case now? Definitely!

to the very occasional one. Maybe briefly

What will Nancy Grace do? Go on hiatus? No way!

together or keep it on hold for a year? I pray they'll be able to a little.

Will JB still be Casey's attorney? Yes

Will the Dream Team still be around? Yes

Will Casey crack? Nevah!

What difference do you think a year will make? There will be tons of press whaen the trial finally happens. All that anticipation.

Much of the drama will be forgotten and I think it will only benefit her.jmho of course.

I agree with you JBean - up to a point. If JB is still Casey's lead counsel in a year, then IMO that may counteract any benefit afforded by a postponement.

I don't think there's any way he's going to let this case die in the meantime, even if it's detrimental to his client. He's going to stir the drama pot because he's got to make this case payoff somehow. And the more drama, the more his story is worth.

I believe the trial will be next year for sure because they have to depo alot of people. (And I am saving my answers to see if I am right)
Now, In answer to your questions;

Will the majority of people lose interest? Temporarily, & when the trial comes it will be a big issue again

Will it be better or worse for Casey? Better for a while and worse once the trial starts

attention they are giving the case now? Yes, depending on the media outlet, that may change as in certain ones will carry it more

to the very occasional one. Yes until the trial

What will Nancy Grace do? Go on hiatus? She will cover other stories until the trial

together or keep it on hold for a year? No

Will JB still be Casey's attorney? Yes

Will the Dream Team still be around? Yes

Will Casey crack? NEVER

What difference do you think a year will make? Media will die down until the trial starts, but the case will be building against KC in the background

Will the majority of people lose interest? Yes, they will have lost interest I think. In fact, in the circles in which I socialize there has been a waning interest in KC since Caylee has been found. They are of the attitude that she will be tried and do her time.

Will it be better or worse for Casey? It will be better for KC, and quite possibly her parents and brother and other family members that are under intense scrutiny non-stop almost everyday.

I think the regular talking heads will, by that I mean NG, GR, JVM and etc. Otherwise I think there will be blurbs on the nightly national news but may not be on local news other than FL. We have very very little coverage on local news and it's been a long time since she was even mentioned. I believe the first and last time I heard this discussed on local news was when Caylee's remains had been discovered.

I think that it will completely quiet down if it takes a year or longer for this to go to trial as far as bombshells go. To be honest, the only things I have considered "bombshells" were KC's arrest, and Caylee's discovery. Pretty much done deal as far as who did the killing.

What will Nancy Grace do? Go on hiatus? I don't understand this question. I hope that NG will begin to spotlight other missing persons and trials that are of public interest. It's really important for those families of people that are still missing to get the information out there and I would personally like more coverage on the Riley Ann trial.

I don't know. I pray that they are blessed with grace and continue to heal their minds and spirits.

Will JB still be Casey's attorney? I don't see why not.

Will the Dream Team still be around? Yes, they have more invested in this by just having their names associated with this case than getting this young lady a lighter sentence. This is about them and their careers not KC.

Will Casey crack? Nope.

What difference do you think a year will make? Can only speculate that in a year, the case will go before the court and KC will be tried by a jury of her peers. They will find her guilty of one or more of the charges and she will commence to doing her time for that and then she will have to face the music and pay the piper for her other trial for other felonies.

I think that the longer the trial is delayed the better it is for the defense-especially when there is not much chance your client will be found not guilty. As more time goes by, the prosecution witnesses may no longer remember word for word what they said in their statements to LE. That becomes fodder for the defense to try to make it sound like they are lying !! (A defense tactic that I just HATE !!!) And therefore, the creation of more "reasonable doubt" for the jury to wade through.

She will be a grown woman of 24, not a sweet young 22, if the trial begins in spring, 2010. The jury may find her less "appealing" and have less sympathy for her as a 24 year old "tot mom."

Yes, I agree Friday. And that long in prison (while waiting) will do nothing for her looks either....

I caught her look too. I think she played it well. If the tape comes back with Casey's DNA she's cooked. I think she was at least giving the impression that the defense might consider or rethink taking this case to trial.

OT- can we petition the state to hurry this up? I don't think I can wait a year!!!

Even though the intensity of the case will die down, it will be JB who will try to keep this case in the limelight - as Mike Brooks said on Headline News said the other day, "He never saw a camera he didn't like." The evidence is the evidence and it will be just as overwhelming a year from now as it is today. I agree that KC will not hold up well in jail physically over the long term.

IMO, the only meaningful difference will be that Casey gets another year tacked on to her life.

I don't think it will affect the presentation or outcome of the case much.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back