Photos from Buddy Holly's final show surface.

kline

Reaction score
This Monday Feb 2nd is the 50th aniversary of Buddy Holly's final show with Ritchie Valen,J.P. Richardson at the Surf Ballroom in Clear Lake Iowa.
Photos taken by a woman who attended the show were uncovered by documentary filmmakers one of which appears in the current issue of Rolling Stone Magazine.
The photos were taken only a few hours before the three artists deaths in a plane crash a few miles from Clear Lake later that night.
Until now photos from other appearences of the 'Winter Dance Party' have been found but none from the final performance had ever turned up.
There is a concert by various musical figures at the Surf this week to comemorate the three performers.
Fans from as far away as Japan,Europe and the UK are expected to attend.

Sadly I dont. You cant even link it to Rolling Stone's site there is one photo in the Holly article in the new Rolling Stone with Bruce Springsteen on the cover.
Though im sure they will show up on the net soon.
There are a couple of Buddy on stage and at least one of Ritchie Valens and Dion from what Im told.
I want to see the rest of them myself.
I visited the Surf Ballroom back in the 90's during a cross country drive and was lucky enough to be in the ballroom by myself after a janitor let me in to look around.
It was cool to actually see a photo of Holly standing in the exact spot on the stage I stood on 30 some years later.
Of course to people who arent musicians that might sound silly.:)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back