Identified! NJ - Atlantic Highlands, WhtFem 15-20, UP1458, Skeletal on hillside, Dec'88 - Nancy Carol Fitzgerald

I see a resemblance, definitely.

Also, she was found in Atlantic Highlands, NJ, which is only 10.7 miles (per Yahoo) away from Eatontown, where she lived.

Does anyone know if the folks at doenetwork crosscheck their cases before they're posted? I'm not sure how that works, exactly.....

does anyone know if they have a discription on hand of what charlett was wearing when she disapeared? doe does not list it

Charlotte Jean Loomis

Missing since September 1, 1972 from Eatontown, Monmouth County, New Jersey.
Classification: Missing

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: March 26, 1958
Age at Time of Disappearance: 14 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'0 - 5'3"; 105 - 115 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: Blonde hair; blue eyes. She is left-handed.
Marks, Scars: She has a previous fracture to one arm. She also has a scar on her forehead.

Unidentified Caucasian Female

Discovered on December 10, 1988 in Atlantic Highlands, Monmouth County, New Jersey.
The victim was estimated to have been buried at the location for over 10 years.
The victim was estimated to have died sometime around 1973 to 1975.

Vital Statistics

Estimated age: 15 - 20 years old
Approximate Height and Weight: 5'0 - 5'4"; 100 - 120 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: Hair and eye color are both undetermined.
Dentals: Available
Clothing: She was wearing a long-sleeved gray and red nylon laced top; a white bra; brown leather platform sandals, size 6 1/2 with a 2 1/2 inch-high heel; and knee-high white acrylic socks. Items found near her body included a portion of one pink rubber thong-style sandal; and a leather-like shoe or small boot with a picture of a football scene on the side, stitched in red and white.

mere, you may have a match. I've highlighted the similarities, and if they were indeed less than 11 miles apart, you really may be on to something, here. Contact the folks at Doe right away with both links, ok? Feel free to e-mail me if you have any questions.

smile22, I would contact the Doe Network directly with any questions, and send both links. If you need a contact there, feel free to e-mail me at HelpForTheMissing@yahoo.com

amandab, I have no idea how their system works, but you could ask them. I'll be happy to direct you to the one who is in your area, as well, if you'd like.

With HOPE, Lanie

amandab said:
I see a resemblance, definitely.

Also, she was found in Atlantic Highlands, NJ, which is only 10.7 miles (per Yahoo) away from Eatontown, where she lived.

Does anyone know if the folks at doenetwork crosscheck their cases before they're posted? I'm not sure how that works, exactly.....
I'm a member.... I'll go see if they've been cross checked prior. If not, you can submit it or I can or whomever.... IT LOOKS very good. Good catch

EDITED:

SADLY, she's been ruled out through DNA..... my goodness that looked good.

Blueclouds thanks for checking so quickly. It seemed too easy. We all know it is not.

mere said:
Blueclouds thanks for checking so quickly. It seemed too easy. We all know it is not.

sometimes it can be that easy... you have an AWESOME EYE FOR THIS... you should join doenetwork....

blueclouds said:
sometimes it can be that easy... you have an AWESOME EYE FOR THIS... you should join doenetwork....

Blueclouds - this really looks like a match. How reliable is DNA, considering this girl vanished 20 years before DNA analysis was reliable?

Did they check her dental records? Really intriguing.

KatherineQ said:
Blueclouds - this really looks like a match. How reliable is DNA, considering this girl vanished 20 years before DNA analysis was reliable?

Did they check her dental records? Really intriguing.
It was a recent DNA test....since they have the "unknown" victim and the Missing child's family........ it was negative.

I suppose they can & do make mistakes. I can only hope they are very careful when it comes to identifying missing children.

I agree... it does look very good. I thought for sure it'd be one to send in. I also know DoeNetwork keeps good records and their 'potential match' database is done with double and triple checking with Law Enforcement.

YOU WOULDN'T believe how many other cases look so good and come back negative. It's heart wrenching

I can vouch for the Doenet's careful record keeping. These things are very carefully checked with LE. I am actually on the panel that votes on Potential Matches. This was a good looking match, so good that it has actually been made (as has been stated) and already ruled out. But keep looking. And do consider joining us there...

If I'm not mistaking dna was already done on these two girls but unfortunately there was no match. I remember a couple of months ago several people at the Doe network site posted the resemblence between these girls via the guestbook.

Monkalup - do they do dental matches, do you know? It just seems like that would be 1000 times easier, and in a case like this, more accurate. If they have good dentals on the victim . . .

Reading the little blurb about this missing girl her family situation seems unusual - she was a young teenager living with her married sister. Could they take DNA from a man who thinks he's her father, but in fact he wasn't, and that could possibly throw this off?

Bless you for working with the DoeNetwork. It's just so intriguing, and sad, how many people are missing and how many bodies are unidentified.

I know DNA is an excellent, usually the best, source for a match, but mistakes and errors are made all the time. I agree with you Katherine, in cases where matches are this similar a cross check with the dental seems necessary.

Mere - I agree with you, DNA is almost always the best and most reliable.

In cases where there is a possibility that the parents aren't the parents (I don't know this girl's case at all, so this isn't about her specifically). Cases where teenage girls have babies, and the grandparents raise them as siblings, rather than admitting their daughter got pregnant.

Maybe I just want it to be her so the mystery is solved.

Did anything ever come of this possible match ???

I believe that now the unidentified is being looked at as a possible match to Jan Cotta.

Could the remains possibly be those of Karen Lynn Zendrosky who went missing from Bordentown Township in New Jersey on October 23, 1979 (I know that the date is a little off etc. but it is a possibility, I guess)?--remains sometimes, depending on the location, can breakdown more quickly that would be normally assumed. Is it possible for LE to check into this as well?

mere said:
I did not want to start a new thread, since there are so many for comparing already. I would like some opinions on these two girls. I am not sure if this has been discussed already.

http://www.doenetwork.us/cases/375dfvt.html

http://www.doenetwork.us/cases/281ufga.html
Mere,

I don't think that this could be a match. The unidentified female had:

She had undergone a full left hip replacement that repaired an intertrochanteric fracture of the left hip.
Dentals: Available. She had extensive dental work including a fixed gold bridge, two full gold crowns and both upper front teeth were fused to metal crowns.
I see nothing like that in Heidi's description. Those are pretty big identifiers.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46
Back