692 users online (90 members and 602 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Fred Howard Coffey Jr

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/arc...ex.php/t-35536
    Thank You Richard

It is quite possible and likely that Coffey had Navy contacts in the Washington/MD/VA area which helped him land a job with Vitro Laboratories.
    Employment records from Vitro Laboratories (a Defense Contractor specializing in Navy weapon systems) in Silver Spring MD place him in the area between April and July 1975.

As of January 1, 1975 they deactivated Fort Hancock .They were taking apart defense missiles and turning it over to the Parks Commision. I am sure he could be placed there.

Here are some pics and history. "Fort Hancock"
    http://www.constantreader.org/v2/excursion3.html

Lightbulb Lisa White

Could she be another possible match to the jd? I know there's a big discrepancy in their dentals, but their height and weight match up, and to me the reconstruction of the jd bears a striking resemblance to White. Maybe she's already been ruled out, but these cases have been bothering me for quite some time so I figured I'd ask. Please go easy on me, this is my first post.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1518dfct.html

Lisa Joy White
    Missing since November 1, 1974 from Rockville, Tolland County, Connecticut
    Classification: Lost, Injured, Missing

Vital Statistics
    • Date Of Birth: February 2, 1961
    • Age at Time of Disappearance: 13 years old
    • Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'0"; 110 lbs.
    • Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Blonde hair; blue eyes. She had been a dancer and done acrobatics and was in perfect shape.
    • Marks, Scars: Small pock mark on forehead over right eye.
    • Clothing: Blue denim jacket and green pants She was not wearing any jewelry.
    • Dentals: Available. Had worn teeth braces - teeth perfectly aligned.
    • Other: Fingerprints not available

Circumstances of Disappearance
    Lisa was last seen walking along Prospect Street in Vernon, Connecticut at 8:00 p.m. on November 1, 1974. Lisa had gone to see a friend in Rockville. After talking to her, she left to go home but never arrived.
    She is the third person out of five to disappear from this area. The bodies of the last two were found a few years later - the first three were never found.

not bad

Quote Originally Posted by hewinkedatme!
    Could she be another possible match to the jd? I know there's a big discrepancy in their dentals, . . .

On the surface it looks like a possibility to me. Age estimates are often very wrong so I don't see the ages as being very far apart. The facial reconstruction bears a resemblance and the overall body size is not far apart. I was not yet able to see one of the doe links but I saw the other links. I have not yet seen anything written about dentals that, to me, rules out a match so until someone further investigates it sounds like a possibility.

Yeah, I've noticed that the doe network links from this site haven't been working today for some reason, although the doenetwork site itself is up, so you may have to go to the doenetwork homepage and find the cases from there. The reason I see the dentals as a discrepancy is that Ms. White had perfectly aligned teeth and had recently had her braces off prior to her disappearance, while the jd had some decay and gaps. I'm still hopeful though...

Quote Originally Posted by hewinkedatme!
    Could she be another possible match to the jd? I know there's a big discrepancy in their dentals, but their height and weight match up, and to me the reconstruction of the jd bears a striking resemblance to White. Maybe she's already been ruled out, but these cases have been bothering me for quite some time so I figured I'd ask. Please go easy on me, this is my first post.

Lisa Joy White

Vital Statistics

• Date Of Birth: February 2, 1961
    • Age at Time of Disappearance: 13 years old
    • Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'0"; 110 lbs.
    • Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Blonde hair; blue eyes. She had been a dancer and done acrobatics and was in perfect shape.
    • Marks, Scars: Small pock mark on forehead over right eye.
    • Clothing: Blue denim jacket and green pants She was not wearing any jewelry.
    • Dentals: Available. Had worn teeth braces - teeth perfectly aligned.
    • Other: Fingerprints not available

Lisa was last seen walking along Prospect Street in Vernon, Connecticut at 8:00 p.m. on November 1, 1974. Lisa had gone to see a friend in Rockville. After talking to her, she left to go home but never arrived.
    She is the third person out of five to disappear from this area. The bodies of the last two were found a few years later - the first three were never found.

It seems to me that the JD pics and the first few on Lisa's page look a lot alike.
    Find Brian Shaffer!!
    www.findbrianshaffer.com

Janet Christiansen, Kaiden, and Family, justice WILL prevail!

JUSTICE FOR AMBER!

~*Cancel my subscription, I'm THROUGH with your issues*~

Lisa Joy White

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/85dfct.html

Janice K. Pockett
    Missing since July 26, 1973 from Tolland, Tolland County, Connecticut.
    Classification: Non Family Abduction

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/69dmma.html

Angelo Gene Puglisi
    Missing since August 21, 1976 from Lawrence, Essex County, Massachusetts.
    Classification: Non-Family Abduction

http://www.haveyouseenandy.com/story/

If you read this story here you'll wonder if the guy was confused as to the girl's name and I wonder if that could possibly be Andy's boot? I emailed Melanie and asked her if she could remember if he did own boots like the one described here. I gave her the link to the thread here.
    How strange. I wonder about the pink shoe?

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/210dfga.html
    Cassandra Nadine Landrum
    Missing since September 29, 1975 from Union City, Fulton County, Georgia.
    Classification: Involuntary

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: August 26, 1957
    Age at Time of Disappearance: 18 years old
    Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'1; 100 pounds
    Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Blonde hair; hazel eyes.
    Marks, Scars: Small scar on her forehead
    Clothing: Blue jeans and two red shirts, one short sleeved and one long. She was barefoot.
    AKA: Sandra

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Landrum was last seen leaving her family's home in Union City, Georgia on September 29, 1975. She intended to use a pay phone, which was a short distance from her house. Landrum was never seen or heard from again.
    Her parents received anonymous phone calls after her disappearance, during which the caller informed them that Landrum had been murdered. She has never been located.

Erie resemblence....

Does anyone know who's been ruled out against this jd? She could be any number of girls, and there must be a list out there somewhere like there is for Princess Doe, and I've read the cases of a dozen or more girls who resemble her, but I just have a very strong gut feeling about White. Can anyone prove me wrong?

I know that Charlotte Jean Loomis has been ruled out.

Quote Originally Posted by mere
    I know that Charlotte Jean Loomis has been ruled out.
    Mere That's the only one I know about too. I remember waiting for the results of DNA and thought for sure it had to be her.

http://www.prosecutor.co.monmouth.nj...0.html#remains

1973-1975: Unknown Female Skeletal Remains

On December 10, 1988, while local residents gathered to help clear a parcel of land that runs along the Sandy Hook Bay in Atlantic Highlands for a bicycle trail, a local volunteer found what he at first thought was a plastic ball, which turned out to be a human skull. The resident reported the find to the Atlantic Highlands Police Department who began an investigation into this found human skull.

Once the Monmouth County Medical Examiner's Office and the State of New Jersey Medical Examiner's Office confirmed that the skull was human, the Atlantic Highlands Police Department, with the assistance of the Monmouth County Prosecutor's Office, New Jersey State Police, Connecticut State Police, Monmouth County Medical Examiner's Office, State of New Jersey Medical Examiner's Office, Burlington County Medical Examiner's Office, the local Department of Public Works and Water Department, excavated the area by sifting the earth in four sectors, recovering more than 85% of the skeletal remains.

An anthropology examination was performed upon the skeletal remains, which were identified as a:

Caucasian female
    between the ages of 15 to 18 years old at time of death
    5'1" to 5'4"
    approximately 100 to 120 pounds.
    The decedent was found to be wearing the following:

platform sandal shoes, composed of brown leather with brown painted plastic platform soles and a 2 inch high heel, size 6
    knee high white acrylic socks
    grey & red nylon long sleeved laced top
    white brassiere
    additional items near the remains:

portion of one pink rubber "thong-type" sandal
    leather like shoe or small boot with a picture of a football scene on side in red and white
    A botanist reviewed the scene and clothing in the skeletal remains and estimated the body had been in that same location for approximately the previous fifteen years. This would put the year of death at approximately 1973 to 1975.

An investigation by the Atlantic Highlands Police Department was conducted in an attempt to identify the human skeletal remains. The human skeletal remains were mapped out and placed in the National Police computer system for all law enforcement departments to compare to their missing persons. The local media from the tri-state area converged on the small town of Atlantic Highlands and broadcast the human skeletal recovery for about four straight days. Massive medical coverage was aired and a special program called Crime Beat highlighted this case. No identification was made.

In 1992, with the assistance of the FBI, a clay reconstruction was made over the human skull and is a possible resemblance of what this recovered female skeletal remains may have looked like. Additionally, several parts of the skeletal remains were sent to LabCorp in Research Triangle Park, North Carolina for mitochondrial DNA profiling in 1997.

The Monmouth County Prosecutor's Office and the Atlantic Highlands Police Department now have a DNA profile that can be used to link this female subject to a family member as well as dental records.

Anyone with information concerning this matter is asked to call the Monmouth County Prosecutor's Office at (732) 431-7012 or 1-800-533-7443 (toll free) or the Atlantic Highlands Police Department at (732) 291-1212.

leather like shoe or small boot with a picture of a football scene on side in red and white

I keep thinking "Buster Browns" for some reason. Is that what they mean by little ? Like she was buried and whoever was responsible tossed some other victims stuff along with her like an after thought.....weird.

http://72.14.205.104/search?q=cache:...lnk&cd=3&gl=us

In September of 1998, the results of the DNA profile were developed. A comparison was made to a missing Burlington County female who was last seen in Mt. Holly in 1975 and matched the physical description. A match was not made.

I thought they were comparing her to Charlotte Loomis?????

HUH???

I wonder who the Burlington COunty female was?

Quote Originally Posted by mere
    I wonder who the Burlington COunty female was?
    http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1280dfnj.html

Margaret Ellen Fox
    Missing since June 24, 1974 from Mt. Holly, Burlington County, New Jersey.
    Classification: Endangered Missing ??????????

I think it was this girl.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast