1085 users online (261 members and 824 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

GA - Joyce Hutchinson, 58, found dead in Walmart parking lot, Albany, 28 Jan 2009

http://www.walb.com/global/Story.asp?s=9748035

By Delivrine Registre - bio | email

January 28, 2009

ALBANY, GA (WALB) - ALBANY - The body of a woman has been found in the back of a car parked in the Walmart parking lot in Lee County.

The body was found in the backseat of a burgundy four-door Saturn, which had a Dougherty County tag.

The unidentified woman is white, and in her 50's. The Georgia Bureau of Investigation is investigating her death. They say there were no obvious signs of trauma.

"There was a lady laying in the back seat, and she was nude fro the waist down, and I told him not to look, and he told me I needed to call 911, and I did," said Annette Smith, who discovered the body.

Chief Deputy Lewis Harris of the Lee County Sheriff's Office said, "At this point it's hard to determine if there's any visible injuries to the victim. Once we get inside the car to investigate, we'll be able to tell more."

Investigators are interviewing store employees, and checking to see what they can find on surveillance video. They ask anyone who may have information to call the Americus GBI Office, or the Lee Co. sheriff.

An autopsy should be conducted Thursday.
    "Pardon Our Noise, It's the Sound of Freedom" USMC New River Air Station, Jacksonville, North Carolina

Lee County death investigation continues

http://www.walb.com/global/Story.asp?s=9756817

ALBANY, GA (WALB) - The woman found dead inside a car at Walmart had been dead for at least 10 hours.

Family members told Sheriff's investigators the last time they saw 58 year old Joyce Ann Hutchinson alive was Sunday night.

Her body was found around 1:30 p.m. Wednesday afternoon in the backseat of a car parked outside the Walmart garden center. She was naked from the waist down. The crime lab performed an autopsy this afternoon and found no signs of trauma or foul play.

Right now, Hutchinson's death is considered to be from natural causes although toxicology results won't be complete for another eight weeks.
    "Pardon Our Noise, It's the Sound of Freedom" USMC New River Air Station, Jacksonville, North Carolina

Does this sound like natural causes to you?

Strange, very strange. It just makes no sense, imo.

No it doesn't sound like a death from natural causes. Why would she have no clothing on from the waist down? Makes no sense to me either.
    "Three things in human life are important: The first is to be kind; the second is to be kind; and the third is to be kind." ~ Henry James

Naked from the waist down ???
    No trauma or foul play ?

Perhaps someone was GOING to rape her and she had a heart attack ?

What is also strange is she was supposed to have been dead for 10 hours.

This Super Walmart is busy constantly all during the day and is open 24 hours a day.

So I am hoping that they can see when her car drove in and parked by looking at the surveillance tapes.

I wonder if she was at someone's house and they gave her some bad drugs and she died and then they drove her there and left her.

They may have stripped her from the wast down trying to make it look like it was an attempted sexual assault.

It sure is puzzling though.

imoo

EDIT: nevermind... that commenter apparently is full of it.

I wonder what in the world happened. Someone maybe drove her there and dropped the car off? What about surveillance cameras.... I wonder if Walmart had any for that area. It was right in front of the garden center they said.
    Love never fails.

Quote Originally Posted by passionategray View Post

I wonder what in the world happened. Someone maybe drove her there and dropped the car off? What about surveillance cameras.... I wonder if Walmart had any for that area. It was right in front of the garden center they said.
    I saw that too passionategray, and on the other article someone commented that she had been living in the car. We need more information that's for sure.
    "Three things in human life are important: The first is to be kind; the second is to be kind; and the third is to be kind." ~ Henry James

This happened about 20 miles from my home. Honestly, I don't think that they are making a huge deal out of this, WALB is in Albany, and also my local news station. I have seen this reported only twice. Its sad!
    Justice For Caylee Marie

She was nude from the waist up, not from the waist down (one of the comments on the the articles by a poster)

Interesting comments on these blogs

http://www.topix.com/city/albany-ga/...rt-parking-lot

Quote Originally Posted by Tonia View Post
    She was nude from the waist up, not from the waist down (one of the comments on the the articles by a poster)
    On another site (Topix) discussing this case a poster said that she has been told certain things. Now I cannot verify what she says is true but she did say that they do believe that it was foul play.

She also said that the women who died lived right up the road from Walmart.

LOL ETA: Oops I see you already have it up Tonia.

imoo

Quote Originally Posted by mydailyopinions View Post
    This happened about 20 miles from my home. Honestly, I don't think that they are making a huge deal out of this, WALB is in Albany, and also my local news station. I have seen this reported only twice. Its sad!
    It is sad but it is also very odd.

Well when the GBI investigates anything a lot of information is shutdown.

imoo

Quote Originally Posted by passionategray View Post

I do think they have surveillance cameras. If she came in the middle of the night or was brought there though, I am not sure the cameras would pick a lot up in the dark of night. Although they do have lights everywhere.

imoo

Quote Originally Posted by Tonia View Post
    Interesting comments on these blogs

http://www.topix.com/city/albany-ga/...rt-parking-lot
    Interesting posts on the topix. I like to read some topix comments at times because there is often comments from locals or those that know the victims. Of course, we have to assume that it's just that chit-chat but it sure is interesting what new_mommy has to say about the situation.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast