Buying 162 gallons of gas when truck holds 31 was a tip to cops

Casshew

Former Member
Reaction score
(5/25/04 - MIAMI, FL) — A man was sentenced to five months in prison for using 270 counterfeit Postal Service credit cards to buy $230,000 worth of gasoline at 203 different stations. CM8ShowAd("CONTENT_MIDDLE")
According to prosecutors, federal agents watched one day as Humberto Ulloa, 27, drove his 1992 Chevy pickup to several Miami area stations and made seven consecutive purchases of gas, totaling more than 162 gallons. His truck's standard fuel tank carried only 31 gallons. The rest was pumped into illegal tanks built into the truck, agents said.

Ulloa was arrested by the Hialeah Police Department on Sept. 9. He pleaded guilty in January to transporting hazardous fuel and possessing and using counterfeit credit cards.

A federal judge on Monday also ordered Ulloa to spend five months in home confinement with electronic monitoring, to serve three years of supervised release, and to pay $2,419 in restitution to the U.S. Postal Service and a $500 special assessment.

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/news/bizarre/052504_APsn_gas.html

My STUPID nephew was caught with 2 friends using a company credit card. After 10 months, there was $118,300.00 charged. TELL ME THAT 3 kids used that much in 10 months. YEAH, more people involved in the above too.

Unfortunately, all my nephew got away with was an apology to the company he stole from and a 6 month probation sentence. I think he should have coughed up the "others" in liew of going to jail. Otherwise send this kid to jail to teach them a lesson.!!!!

my own opinion

blueclouds said:
My STUPID nephew was caught with 2 friends using a company credit card. After 10 months, there was $118,300.00 charged. TELL ME THAT 3 kids used that much in 10 months. YEAH, more people involved in the above too.

118,000.00??? for 10 months? give me a break - there must be WAY more involved than waht you have heard.

I hope your nephew has straightened up now. He got a lucky break.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson
Back