The List Of Reliable Sources and Links

SeriouslySearching

Reaction score
While we all try to link our information and be as factual as possible here, it recently has become a literal web of nightmares trying to decifer what is accepted here as a reliable source.

I don't understand the sudden urge to pick and choose because of possible prejuidices over one news group then comes the demand to cite another source to back up the first one! We could be tied up all day trying to cite ten sources for a single piece of information if we allow this to continue. It is getting out of hand!

IMO, ANY news media/organizations who hold accreditation and are in good standing should be considered a reliable source for us to cite. I would like to list those here. (Feel free to add your own!)

* WWW.MYFOXORLANDO.COM
* WWW.WFTV.COM
* WWW.ORLANDOSENTINEL.COM
* WWW.CNN.COM
* WWW.WESH.COM
* WWW.FOXNEWS.COM
* WWW.HEADLINENEWS.COM

If you can show where they are not accredited and accepted news sources, please bring it up with proof so they can be removed from the list.

While we all try to link our information and be as factual as possible here, it recently has become a literal web of nightmares trying to decifer what is accepted here as a reliable source.

I don't understand the sudden urge to pick and choose because of possible prejuidices over one news group then comes the demand to cite another source to back up the first one! We could be tied up all day trying to cite ten sources for a single piece of information if we allow this to continue. It is getting out of hand!

IMO, ANY news media/organizations who hold accreditation and are in good standing should be considered a reliable source for us to cite. I would like to list those here. (Feel free to add your own!)

* WWW.MYFOXORLANDO.COM
* WWW.WFTV.COM
* WWW.ORLANDOSENTINEL.COM
* WWW.CNN.COM
* WWW.WESH.COM
* WWW.FOXNEWS.COM
* WWW.HEADLINENEWS.COM

If you can show where they are not accredited and accepted news sources, please bring it up with proof so they can be removed from the list.

SeriouslySearching, I love you! I have been confused about this for some time now--but haven't had the courage to bring it up. I've been sleuthing here since WS began with the Ramsey case and have noted this oddity. (nothing sets off a Ramsey case follower's hinky meter like the words "urban myth" :eek:)

While I understand that sometimes the media gets it wrong, we can get behind the curve sometimes if we have to wait for a document dump before we can dicuss a possible piece of evidence.

That certainly turned out to be true with the duct tape and hair with post mortem banding. JMO.

Add to list:

http://abcnews.go.com/

I just think if the news source is licensed, accredited, whatever you want to call it...we should be able to link to what they are reporting and discuss it without having to go back up what they are reporting to either find their source or to find other sources reporting the same thing. It is redundant, imo. (Also a waste of time. A HUGE WASTE!)

Several of you complained a while ago that there are no 24 hour news sources, that is news sources that are filing stories 24 hours a day. That's not true - the Associated Press staffs all of its national and state offices 24 hours a day and they are filing stories 24 hours a day.

Here's the link to get AP wire via members per state. To get the Florida members, click on Florida on the map and a menu of sources will pop up.
http://customwire.ap.org/specials/bluepage.html#fl

AP has national offices but also has a state bureau in each state. Those bureaus produce news for that state only.

Here, for example, is the Florida AP wire from one of the members.
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/fronts/FLORIDA?SITE=FLTAM&SECTION=STATE

AP is a news cooperative. Most of the stories are contributed by member news organizations so you won't always see a breaking story here first. But the wire is updated constantly all night and day when other news organizations have shut down for the night.

I think the idea here is to list msm and other helpful news links. We all agree that just because it is a news item and an article is published doesn't mean it is accurate by any stretch of the imagination. we can probably each site an example of an article that has it all wrong.
HOWEVER, we would all like to have have local reporting agencies and other links readily available.
So let's keep the discussion off the thread please so we do not have to wade through posts to find the info.
If you have a major problem with any media outlet listed please shoot me a note.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amberraff
Back