05-27-2004, 08:15 AM #1Former Member
- Join Date
- Aug 2003
- In heels
Man eats Cicadas for dinner and ends up in emergency room
/18/04 - BLOOMINGTON, IN) — An Indiana man is learning the hard way that eating bugs can be dangerous. CM8ShowAd("CONTENT_MIDDLE")
Dr. Al Ripani says the man showed up at his Bloomington clinic, after eating nearly 30 cicadas. The man, who wasn't named, suffered a strong allergic reaction to the sauteed insects. He had read a newspaper article about cooking the bugs and tried it with butter, crushed garlic and basil. But the article didn't warn that people with food allergies can also be allergic to cooked insects.