FL FL - Erik Patchin, 20, Tallahassee, 24 May 1994

dearmont

Reaction score
I realize that many dedicated WSr's have put many, many hours into trying to find a match for GDF. Seems that most of the possible DOE candidates have been either ruled out or have been reviewed at this point.

I would like to ask that Erik Sol Patchin be looked at again - his case has been put forward before as a possible match. Keeping in mind that the GDF facials are not photos but computer generated reconstructions and there are so many odd characteristics regarding hair color/height etc.

An overlay of the GDF image on ESP's photo show a good lineup with eyes, nose, and jaw/chin. The ears are not identical but considering this is a reconstruction, the ears may not be a factor. Heading south from D.C. - perhaps GDF was on his way back to FL?

Stats:
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/940dmfl.html

Erik Sol Patchin
Missing since May 24, 1994 from Tallahassee, Leon County, Florida.
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics
  • Date Of Birth: December 2, 1973
  • Age at Time of Disappearance: 20 years old
  • Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'10"; 160 lbs.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics: White male. Brown hair; brown eyes.
  • Scars: He has a scar on his right hand.
  • Clothing: Black shirt, khaki green shorts and a bandana on his head.
  • Dentals: Available. Perfect teeth, except one silver filling on tooth 19.
  • AKA: Domino, Frog
Circumstances of Disappearance
Erik Patchin was last seen by friends on May 24, 1994 at approximately 2:00 AM in Tallahassee.
His 1972 Silver Volkswagen Beetle was located later that day at the Jr. Food Store at US 27 South and Chaires Cross Road.
Erik Patchin lived in Lloyd, Fl. and it was common for him to be in that area. His vehicle did not appear to be tampered with.

Attachments

• GDF-DOE940DMFL.jpg
    GDF-DOE940DMFL.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 139
  • GDF-ESP OVERLAY.jpg
    GDF-ESP OVERLAY.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 116
I see a similarity in the nose and jaw line. But I do believe they said that Jason Doe has no dental work.

I see a similarity in the nose and jaw line. But I do believe they said that Jason Doe has no dental work.

Yes, noted that GDF is reported to have no dental work - but have to wonder if the MEx meant no reconstructive dental work such as bridges, caps, braces, rather than having no fillings at all - I think it would be rare to find a young person without at least one filling?:waitasec:

I agree, I just think they leave so much unanswered on a lot of these cases. Some are so detailed and others leave you with nothing. It says his car was found abandoned. You would have to wonder, Why?? Why was he traveling a year later states away hitch hiking, if he had a car at home??

Yes, noted that GDF is reported to have no dental work - but have to wonder if the MEx meant no reconstructive dental work such as bridges, caps, braces, rather than having no fillings at all - I think it would be rare to find a young person without at least one filling?:waitasec:

Not quite that hard. I'm 25 and have never had any fillings...nothing ever done to my teeth except for the wisdom teeth removed.

My husband doesn't have a single filling, and he just turned thirty-three. Some people are born with really strong and healthy teeth, I envy them as my teeth are definitely prone to problems.

So obviousely this is a question that needs to be asked IF we ever get someone who is willing to answer some questions for us. What exactly is meant by no dental work. Does it mean teeth were in good shape no dental work needed. Or teeth were in bad shape but he had no care??

My husband doesn't have a single filling, and he just turned thirty-three. Some people are born with really strong and healthy teeth, I envy them as my teeth are definitely prone to problems.

I am one of those people who is 30, never had a cavity, etc.

FWIW, when I applied for health insurance, on my report is says "No dental work noted."

So obviousely this is a question that needs to be asked IF we ever get someone who is willing to answer some questions for us. What exactly is meant by no dental work. Does it mean teeth were in good shape no dental work needed. Or teeth were in bad shape but he had no care??

In this particular case, the investigating officer remembered that his teeth looked well care for. Doesn't mean he didn't have cavities that had be filled, etc. just that his teeth looked healthy.

Salem

Sounds like a possibility. Age, height, weight, teeth, general appearance all seem in the ballpark. The Charlie Project reports that police believe that Patchin was killed by drug dealers. He was a DJ on a college radio station around the time of his death. Interestingly, someone who was a friend of Patchin contacted the administrator of Porchlight USA and reported that "Jason" could not be Patchin because Jason was reported to have naturally curly hair. Perhaps it would be worthwhile to have Porchlight USA recontact the friend to let them know that reports concerning Jason's hair are conflicting and some reliable sources say it was dyed red. http://z13.invisionfree.com/PorchlightUSA/index.php?showtopic=4710

14 years ago tonight, Jason saw the Grateful Dead play at RFK.

I submitted Erik to VA Med Examiner this morning. I have also called Leon Co. Sheriff's Dept and am waiting for a call back.

Stay tuned,

Salem

Got a call back from Florida. The Sgt said he thinks Erik has already been compared to Jason..... but he was not positive. He just remembered hearing about the possibility a while back. The detective actually working Erik's case is out until Monday. The Sgt will have the detective call me on Monday and let me know the particulars.

Salem

I had my first cavity in my mid-thirties! With the average American going to the dentist every six months and being raised swishing fluoride, it is no surprise that we have less cavities nowadays.

Received notice that Erik was ruled out in March 2008 based on dental records.

We will just keep trying.

Salem

ESPatchin.jpg

Erik Sol Patchin

Endangered Missing from Tallahassee, Florida since May 24, 1994

Age: 20 -- Height: 5'10" -- Weight: 160 lbs -- Hair Color: Brown -- Eye Color: Brown

Erik's nicknames are Domino E and Frog. He has a quarter-sized burn scar on the back of his right hand.

Erik left a bar in Tallahassee, Florida with a female friend during the early morning hours of May 24, 1994. He drove his friend home, then continued to Jefferson County, Florida by himself. He was last seen at approximately 2:00 am in Tallahassee. His car was later discovered abandoned at a store later that day. There was no trace of him at the scene.

Authorities discovered that Erik may have been murdered by drug dealers that frequented the store his vehicle was discovered at. They have not been able to definitively link them, however, and extensive searches have turned up no sign of Erik.

Doe Network

NamUs

Charley Project

Received notice that Erik was ruled out in March 2008 based on dental records.

We will just keep trying.

Salem

Hey if you are interested in the Erik Sol Patchin investigation, follow my thread on the human remains that were found in Lake city, FL that only consisted of a torso a week or so after he was reported missing. I believe there may be a tie-in here. I emailed the ME on the remains and possibly having a connection with Patchin. Here is the following link:

FL Hwy. 441/BP Gas Station John Doe (Lake City, June 1994) - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

I agree with those who say you can't judge the age of the deceased by the amount of dental work. I'm 41 & have never had a cavity, my brother is 58 & has only had one, & my deceased mom only had one cavity her whole life. However, my dad & his side of the family had a mouthful of fillings or a whole set of false teeth. Seems to be something genetic about the enamel.

Could he have been the John Doe that was found in Florida with his genitals chopped off? I know there is a thread on here on that John Doe, however, I don't remember what month in 1994 he was found, but I know it was in Florida.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back