Girl dies after being trapped in washing machine

shannon2008

Reaction score
This is a horrible tragedy. OT I caught one of my kids trying to climb in the dryer once, and I just about had a fit. Things like this happen in the blink of an eye. Prayers for this family.

This is a local story for me and it just looks tragic. The news reported the knob to turn the washer on was 20" above the ground, very simple to turn on, and there was a delay in releasing the door even after stopping.

This is a local story for me and it just looks tragic. The news reported the knob to turn the washer on was 20" above the ground, very simple to turn on, and there was a delay in releasing the door even after stopping.
If it were me, I don't think I would ever tell the 18 month old he was "responsible". He won't remember and that is nothing to carry with you through life.

I can see how a very young child would do this! How horrible for the family and I agree, I hope the brother doesn't grow up knowing his role in this.
These washers, and dryers also, should have some kind of childproof latch so they can't open them easily.
She probably climbed into it like it was a cave, poor little girl. :(

VB

My niece is 15months old and she could definitely turn something like this on but have on idea what she was doing. It would just be something else for her to mess with. At that age kids love walking around and anything that they can turn on or off.

I am glad that no one is blaming the mom. Accidents happen and I am sure she never thought about her 4yr old crawling in the dryer and her toddler turning it on. This is just a tragic accident. I can't imagine how this family is feeling. What a horrible way to lose your daughter.
Hopefully the toddler will grow up being told his sister passed in another way. There is no reason he should grow up carrying that guilt. I am sure the truth may come out one day when he is an adult but there is a time for everything.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back