1474 users online (272 members and 1202 guests)  

Websleuths News

View Poll Results: Should Caylee's Memorial Be Televised?

Voters
432. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, it should be televised, locally.

19 4.40%
  • Yes, it should be televised, nationally.

118 27.31%
  • No. I am concerned about money being made off Caylee.

109 25.23%
  • No broadcast. It's private for those attending. No concern of finances exchanging hands.

166 38.43%
  • No opinion.

20 4.63%

Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Should Caylee's Memorial Be Televised (poll included)

Should Caylee's public memorial be broadcast? (**edited to clarify)

<<FOX 35 has learned that behind the scenes, Cindy has been busy making preparations for a public memorial, tentatively scheduled for February 10 at the First Baptist Church of Orlando.

The sanctuary can hold up to five thousand guests and is pre-wired for video>>

Since it appears the location of the public memorial was chosen with it being "pre-wired for video" in mind, I am assuming it is intended to be broadcast.

How do you feel about this?
    Last edited by Patty G; 02-04-2009 at 01:21 PM. Reason: Poster asked for change to title.

I think the question should be "Should the As be allowed to profit from the memorial?" I don't mind it being televised, but only if the money they get for the media rights is given to a reputable charity like TES and I doubt very much that that is the plan.

Where's the poll?

Quote Originally Posted by bunnyphoenix1 View Post
    I think the question should be "Should the As be allowed to profit from the memorial?" I don't mind it being televised, but only if the money they get for the media rights is given to a reputable charity like TES and I doubt very much that that is the plan.

My opinion exactly.

I won't be surprised if there will be an "opportunity" for memorial goers to make "donations" to KidFinders in return for Caylee memorbilia.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaymus at The Rock View Post

My opinion exactly.

I won't be surprised if there will be an "opportunity" for memorial goers to make "donations" to KidFinders in return for Caylee memorbilia.
    Nor will I. In fact, I think the new bracelets were made for that very purpose. I really think it is wrong for the As to continue to ask for donations now to a "Help find Caylee" fund, when we all know she has been found. In fact, on the "Thank you" tab for Caylee's website, not ONE person is thanked, not TM, not RK, not TES, not LE, not the public, no one! But they do ask for donations on that page.

NO!!!!! Caylee's memorial service should absolutely not be videotaped!!! Media members should be welcome to attend, but no pictures, no note taking. If they feel compelled to report on what went on at the service, they can do so from memory. Why? Because if they are attending Caylee's service, it should be to grieve and mourn and pay their respects to Caylee - not to ride the Caylee circus frenzy.

I would love to attend Caylee's service. Unfortunately, I can not. I can easily put aside my own selfishness, out of respect for Caylee and my desire to see her treated with dignity. I can pay my respects to her sweet memory in many ways - by sitting in a park here in the town where I live, and looking at pictures of her, or just thinking of her and of life, reading poetry, praying in my own unique way.

The cost to Caylee's dignity is too great for her memorial service to be televised with the circus that would inevitably surround it. There is nothing about my desire or need to attend or watch her service that warrants that cost.

Caylee has been disrespected far more than enough. It needs to stop.

MOO

No. I don't think they should broadcast Caylee's funeral for any reason. It should be private.

I further do not think Casey should be allowed a video conference to "attend" either. (I think JB may try to video tape it and show it to her later...but then that could lead to someone selling it to the highest bidder later, imo.)
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.

What I post are my opinions only.

I dont mind if the already-public memorial is televised. But the private family funeral should be private.

I don't mind the televised part, if you think about it this whole nation has been affected by Caylee and it will give some closure.

I don't want it to be a 3 ring circus...

OTOH, it could make it harder to find jurors...

Quote Originally Posted by CentralFLMama View Post
    I dont mind if the already-public memorial is televised. But the private family funeral should be private.
    i agree.

as long as no money is solicited.
    Candice
    all my posts are MOO

my thought too.....

Isn't the media simply free to film a "pubic' memorial ?? I doubt CA has anything to say about that, or could even collect any monies.

I don't believe any "funeral' arrangements have been made yet.

Sure let's hold it under a big top, we can have vendors selling food and Caylee tokens....the family can all ride into the center ring and get out of a clown car. Casey should be allowed to watch and we can all see her reaction on the jumbo tron in the corner. Where in the hell did morals and common sense go with this case???????????????????????

ITA
    My Beautiful Precious , I miss you so much!

They should keep it quiet and under wraps. No spectacle. I find it tacky that they would think of videotaping this...it's not a freaking wedding, it's a memorial service.

Just another act to the circus.
    That's Ms Crime Junkie to you Mr Baez...

Quote Originally Posted by SeriouslySearching View Post
    No. I don't think they should broadcast Caylee's funeral for any reason. It should be private.

I further do not think Casey should be allowed a video conference to "attend" either. (I think JB may try to video tape it and show it to her later...but then that could lead to someone selling it to the highest bidder later, imo.)
    I thought I heard on one the shows, can't remember which one now, that Casey will be able to see the memorial via video. I don't know if was supposed to be in 'real time' or viewed later.

Is the jail set up with internet where a lawyer could access the funeral via the net on his laptop?

Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast