GUILTY AR - Dr. Randeep & Sangeeta Mann for car bombing, West Memphis, 2009

SuziQ

Former Member
Reaction score
A car belonging to a West Memphis doctor exploded this morning when he got into the car according to West Memphis Police.
This happened at 8 a.m. at Doctor Trent Pierce's home on North Avalon and West Cooper in West Memphis. (more at link)

http://www.wmctv.com/Global/story.asp?S=9786392

ETA: I originally had the state in the title as Arkansas per the above linked article. I've since made the correction to Tenn.

Prayers for his family and his recovery.

From that article:

Police are not sure what happened, but right now they do not believe foul play is involved.

ATF, FBI and other investigators are on the scene trying to figure out what happened.

The car was a Lexus hybrid.
:eek:

Lexus' are pretty dang good cars. Why would one randomly explode? If this is truly not foul play. I will ask mods to move this thread.

http://www.wreg.com/wreg-west-memphis-doctor-car-explodes-story,0,3354364.story
(snip)
UPDATE: West Memphis police now say they do not believe there was foul play in this morning's explosion. Police believe there may have been a malfunction with Dr. Trent Pierce's Hybrid Lexus.

(West Memphis, AR 2/4/2009) Investigators, including the ATF, are on the scene of a car explosion in West Memphis.

This is all taking place at 411 North Avalon.

I'm having a hard time believing no foul play. Cars don't just explode.

If you google the victims name there are some hits on several articles with law aspects.

He held an appointed postion, appointed by the Gov. of Arkansas.

I'll go look for some links

"The chairman of the Arkansas State Medical Board was critically injured Wednesday when his car exploded as he was leaving home for work, an attorney said.

Trent P. Pierce was taken to Regional Medical Center in Memphis, Tenn., where he was listed in critical condition, hospital spokeswoman Sandy Snell said.

William Trice, an attorney for the medical board, said he knew of no heated disputes involving Pierce and said as chairman, Pierce often doesn't take part in board votes."

"Pierce was appointed to the board in January 1997 and reappointed in 2005 by former Gov. Mike Huckabee."

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5jIpQQotZqJv11x8XsNO2x9sBIO3gD964S9JO2

I'm having a hard time believing no foul play. Cars don't just explode.

I just googled hybrid car explosion and all that I saw were articles on the explosion of sales because of gas prices, and articles about Dr. Pierce. Not finding anything about randomly exploding hybrid cars.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,487907,00.html

"The FBI is investigating whether foul play might have been involved in the explosion of a vehicle belonging to Dr. Trent P. Pierce, the chairman of the Arkansas State Medical Board."

"A second, unidentified person also was hurt, but details about the extent of injuries weren't immediately available.

I hope it wasn't one of his children!

"The FBI said they are "not sure of the origin" of the explosion.

"It's too early to tell," an FBI spokesman said. "Don't be surprised if this turns into a [car] malfunction.""

It was a big explosion. He was in or near the car. They are not sure which:

http://www.myeyewitnessnews.com/new...his-Car-Explosion/ud3lninTnUKR3CQPoTWKaQ.cspx

Police tell Eyewitness News they don't think there was any foul play. Trent Pierce, they say, was a well respected doctor and they didn't know of any threats to his life.
Neighbors tell us it was a large explosion that was felt a mile away. Parts of the car were found hundreds of feet away from the car. Police say though Pierce has extensive injuries, they say he was lucky considering the size of the explosion. Pierce has burns to his hands, feet and hands. He was airlifted to The MED for treatment in extremely critical condition.

FBI and ATF agents are now on the scene trying to figure out if it was a bomb or if something was wrong with the hybrid car Pierce drove. Right now, police are waiting for experts from Lexus to call them with more information on the car.

Was he even in the car? Was it evenon? If not, sounds like a remote control activation.

God I hope a child wasn't injured and saw this.

ETA: I originally had the state in the title as Arkansas per the above linked article. I've since made the correction to Tenn.

I don't understand. This happened in West Memphis, AR, didn't it?

Kat, West Memphis IS is Arkansas. Just over the bridge from Memphis TN.

Was that for me? I'll change the title again. Thanks for the heads up. :blowkiss:

Kat, West Memphis IS is Arkansas. Just over the bridge from Memphis TN.

I know Jubilee:) We drove through there on my last visit back to KY in 2004. I hope I didn't indicate that it was in TN...I'll go back and look and try to edit. Thanks:) OT~ we didn't stay at any of the hotels in West Memphis because my Mother didn't like the way the area looked at night (hotels right off the highway).

ETA: my grandmother was born and raised in Memphis and got married the first time in West Memphis AR. Not going to say how many time she ended up being married heh:)

http://www.examiner.com/x-3035-Ever...ar-explosion-in-Arkansas--Foul-play-suspected

(snips)
Trent’s friend, Dr. Scott Ferguson, who is at the hospital with Trent, said that Trent is on his way into surgery. Ferguson also said that Trent has metal is his abdomen, eye injuries, facial fractures, and burns.

Although Ferguson was uncertain, he said he thought that Trent was outside of his vehicle when the explosion occurred. He said Trent was found in a flowerbed outside of the house.

While it was being reported that the police chief said he didn’t believe foul play was involved, it was reported that government authorities on the case say otherwise.

Based on the condition of the vehicle, experts are suggesting that the explosion could not have been caused by a vehicle malfunction. They are saying that they believe an explosive device was involved.

Considering the size of the explosion, it just seems incomprehensible that the chief of police would say he didn't think there was foul play involved. It was really, really cold this morning in West Memphis -- I wonder if he was using something unsafe to try to warm up his locks that caused the explosion? I mean, it's a long shot, but I don't see how anything else except foul play could have caused that.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken
Back