1070 users online (173 members and 897 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

AR - Dr. Randeep & Sangeeta Mann for car bombing, West Memphis, 2009

A car belonging to a West Memphis doctor exploded this morning when he got into the car according to West Memphis Police.
    This happened at 8 a.m. at Doctor Trent Pierce's home on North Avalon and West Cooper in West Memphis. (more at link)

http://www.wmctv.com/Global/story.asp?S=9786392

ETA: I originally had the state in the title as Arkansas per the above linked article. I've since made the correction to Tenn.
    Last edited by SuziQ; 02-04-2009 at 01:35 PM. Reason: wrongfully assumed this was in Tenn.

Prayers for his family and his recovery.
    "Three things in human life are important: The first is to be kind; the second is to be kind; and the third is to be kind." ~ Henry James

From that article:

Police are not sure what happened, but right now they do not believe foul play is involved.

ATF, FBI and other investigators are on the scene trying to figure out what happened.

The car was a Lexus hybrid.

Lexus' are pretty dang good cars. Why would one randomly explode? If this is truly not foul play. I will ask mods to move this thread.

http://www.wreg.com/wreg-west-memphi...,3354364.story
    (snip)
    UPDATE: West Memphis police now say they do not believe there was foul play in this morning's explosion. Police believe there may have been a malfunction with Dr. Trent Pierce's Hybrid Lexus.

(West Memphis, AR 2/4/2009) Investigators, including the ATF, are on the scene of a car explosion in West Memphis.

This is all taking place at 411 North Avalon.

I'm having a hard time believing no foul play. Cars don't just explode.

If you google the victims name there are some hits on several articles with law aspects.

He held an appointed postion, appointed by the Gov. of Arkansas.

I'll go look for some links
    "Three things in human life are important: The first is to be kind; the second is to be kind; and the third is to be kind." ~ Henry James

Quote Originally Posted by Hope4Lost View Post

I agree completely.
    I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death!

"The chairman of the Arkansas State Medical Board was critically injured Wednesday when his car exploded as he was leaving home for work, an attorney said.

Trent P. Pierce was taken to Regional Medical Center in Memphis, Tenn., where he was listed in critical condition, hospital spokeswoman Sandy Snell said.

William Trice, an attorney for the medical board, said he knew of no heated disputes involving Pierce and said as chairman, Pierce often doesn't take part in board votes."

"Pierce was appointed to the board in January 1997 and reappointed in 2005 by former Gov. Mike Huckabee."

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...BIO3gD964S9JO2

Quote Originally Posted by Hope4Lost View Post
    I just googled hybrid car explosion and all that I saw were articles on the explosion of sales because of gas prices, and articles about Dr. Pierce. Not finding anything about randomly exploding hybrid cars.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,487907,00.html

"The FBI is investigating whether foul play might have been involved in the explosion of a vehicle belonging to Dr. Trent P. Pierce, the chairman of the Arkansas State Medical Board."

"A second, unidentified person also was hurt, but details about the extent of injuries weren't immediately available.

I hope it wasn't one of his children!

"The FBI said they are "not sure of the origin" of the explosion.

"It's too early to tell," an FBI spokesman said. "Don't be surprised if this turns into a [car] malfunction.""

It was a big explosion. He was in or near the car. They are not sure which:

http://www.myeyewitnessnews.com/news...CQPoTWKaQ.cspx

Police tell Eyewitness News they don't think there was any foul play. Trent Pierce, they say, was a well respected doctor and they didn't know of any threats to his life.
    Neighbors tell us it was a large explosion that was felt a mile away. Parts of the car were found hundreds of feet away from the car. Police say though Pierce has extensive injuries, they say he was lucky considering the size of the explosion. Pierce has burns to his hands, feet and hands. He was airlifted to The MED for treatment in extremely critical condition.

FBI and ATF agents are now on the scene trying to figure out if it was a bomb or if something was wrong with the hybrid car Pierce drove. Right now, police are waiting for experts from Lexus to call them with more information on the car.

Kat, West Memphis IS is Arkansas. Just over the bridge from Memphis TN.

http://courts.arkansas.gov/court_opi...ed/08-1476.pdf

Any one that has knowledge of law can interpret this please?

Was he even in the car? Was it evenon? If not, sounds like a remote control activation.

God I hope a child wasn't injured and saw this.

Quote Originally Posted by SuziQ View Post
    ETA: I originally had the state in the title as Arkansas per the above linked article. I've since made the correction to Tenn.
    I don't understand. This happened in West Memphis, AR, didn't it?

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast