1258 users online (229 members and 1029 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

SC - Brooke Henson, 20, Travelers Rest, 4 July 1999

I just found this girl's site by following a link from the Audrey May Herron thread....has anyone else heard about this? It sounds like the police have really screwed this one up for her poor family.

http://home.earthlink.net/~brookehenson/
    Last edited by summer_breeze; 02-14-2010 at 11:59 AM.

Yes, we all have "Brookie" linked to our sites and have helped her webmaster get as much attention to the case as possible.

Here are some of her matches on yahoo

http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=%22...t&cop=mss&tab=

Sadly, there were a lot of mistakes made at that time, but this gal who runs her site is making sure justice will be served and Brooke will be found. She is now doing searches for all who go missing in S.C. and we are glad to have her helping in the missing persons arena.

Blessings to all, Lanie
    Help For The Missing

Prayers for those who search for Brooke.

With love and HOPE, Lanie

brooke used to have a very informative website set up for her by her friends and family. i just went to look at it for any news and i can't seem to find it. does anyone know if it got shut down? thanks!

Monday, July 04, 2006 marked the 7 year anniversary of Brooke's disappearance
    http://www.stoneysplace.com/brookehenson.html

Woman In N.Y. Claims To Be Brooke Henson(missing 1999)

TRAVELERS REST, S.C. -- Someone claiming to be a missing Travelers Rest woman surfaced and then disappeared again in New York.

The State Law Enforcement Division got a tip in June that a woman in New York was claiming to be Brooke Henson.

Henson has been missing from Travelers Rest since 1999.
    SLED passed the information along to Travelers Rest police.

According Travelers Rest Police Chief Lance Crowe, the woman claiming to be Henson applied for a job in New York.

"She had her Social Security, date of birth, identity type of information," Crowe told WYFF News 4.

The person who took the application did an Internet search and found a Web site with details of Henson's disappearance
    More
    http://www.wyff4.com/news/9617104/detail.html

I would love to beleive it is her, but I doubt it. It makes me sick to think of someone using her name and getting her families hopes up for nothing.
    I hope this woman is found and she is charged with identity theft and whatever else they can charge her with!

I wonder how she got Brooke's SSN...

Quote Originally Posted by bykerladi
    I wonder how she got Brooke's SSN...

I was wondering the same thing. What do people do go to the internet and see who has been missing for quite a while and most likely not alive and then apply for their SSN and birth cert and all of that stuff?

I can't get the news link to work...it is my computer...but I'm wondering if the lady who checked up on the application saw a picture of Brooke on the internet when she checked and if it looked anything like the person who brought the app in? Did the lady just never come back to the place she had applied at? What about an address? Did the police check out her address?

Sadly, you can get people's SS# on line. You can search Death Records and enter a person's first and last name and it will give you the SS#. This works if the person is deceased. (I am sure there are other programs that will give living SS#s).

http://www.blackbookonline.info/deathrecords.htm

Is one that I use for work sometimes...

I have noticed some socials are disclosed in records (court cases,etc) put online by local courthouses. Thats very dangerous for people.

I would be interested in knowing if Brooke ever had records placed online if not I would bet this woman is connected to Brooke through a job she had in the past or her school.

Wink

Hope the person that gave the tip, actually saw her and give details of what she looked like.....

Update from the Charley Project -

In June 2006, a student at Columbia University in New York City registered for classes using Henson's name, date of birth and Social Security number. Investigators are trying to identify the student, but they do not believe she is actually Henson. Henson's case remains unsolved.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/...on_brooke.html

How strange is that????

New Clue Surfaces In Search For Brooke Henson

TRAVELERS REST, S.C. -- Investigators said Wednesday they have found another piece of the puzzle as they try to reconstruct what happened to a Travelers Rest woman more than six years ago.

Brooke Henson never returned when she went for a walk near her home in Travelers Rest one evening in 1999.

She was 19 years old when she disappeared.

In June, the Travelers Rest police department got report that a Columbia University student registered using Henson's name, birth date and social security number.

When investigators arranged to talk to the woman, she never showed up. Police and family members do not believe the woman is Henson.

"We are fairly certain that she's not the real Brooke Henson," Travelers Rest Police investigator Jon Campbell told WYFF News 4's Myra Ruiz.

No matter who she is, police want to talk to her. This week, they identified some of the woman's friends.

Investigators have a picture of the woman with three West Point cadets, Campbell said.

"We've been able to identify all three of the cadets and spoke with a cadet who told me that he dated this girl and he knew her as Brooke Henson," Campbell said.

Investigators said they hope the cadets will help them find the woman.

Campbell said that he is waiting for information about possible student loans the woman may have applied for using Henson's identity. Without that, there is no indication a crime has been committed, he said.

More at link http://www.wyff4.com/news/9691052/detail.html
    There is a photo of the girl using Brookes details at the link.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast