1315 users online (229 members and 1086 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rhyno1974 View Post
    I think the post you are refering to is post # 39 here
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...<br /> t=75977
    Correct me if I'm wrong!

I noticed "iceni69's" first comment about knowing about the murders was on WlTX.com comment and blog site from Columbia S.C on 6-12-07..

With this coming from the WITX area, leads me to suspect this person does know something about the 2 murders.

‘All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing’..
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds...What I write here, are my theories, speculation, opinions & deductive reasoning...not to be taken as 'fact'..

Quote Originally Posted by justthinkin View Post
    I'm also curious about a photo that was on phenolred's myspace page for the mystery couple.

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/inde...mageID=1808081

or tiny url:
    http://tinyurl.com/bq89yt

It is my feeling that this photo is the most representative of Jane Doe.

Notice the facial differences, the odd ear, and in particular the forehead height as compared with other photos. You tell me, is this the same person as the morgue photo of Jane with her mouth open?
    What do you think?..
    justthinkin: After looking at several class rooms of students today, I am convinced the young Jane Doe in these pictures looks to be between 14 & 16 years old....VERY YOUNG ..I can't see how the coroner said she was 19, I think she may have been younger.....definitely a teenager from looking at her in this picture....imo

I do agree, the other pictures of Jane Doe DO look older, like 19 or early twenties...so I feel we should look for a female missing in her teens and twenties...
    Last edited by Mysterylover; 02-14-2009 at 01:22 PM.

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds...What I write here, are my theories, speculation, opinions & deductive reasoning...not to be taken as 'fact'..

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterylover View Post
    justthinkin: After looking at several class rooms of students today, I am convinced the young Jane Doe in these pictures looks to be between 14 & 16 years old..
    ITA. It's something I'd thought, just hadn't said. Wouldn't that have automatically brought in the FBI?

Why would a young man in his 20's need all the mouth reconstruction?

Poor dentition could also be hereditary. It's not always about how often you brush and floss. It could have to do with hypocalcemia and lacking the nutrients to grow strong teeth. Remember that your bones are the LAST place calcium goes in your body. It's used intracellularly, intramuscularly, in the heart and brain.. anything leftover goes to bones and teeth.

Also, I've noticed that people who have had poor teeth during childhood and the developmental years and have had them fixed (braces and such) are very particular about their teeth. They usually take very good care of them and spend a lot of money to keep them the way they are. That's just a recent observation I've made.
    nothing seems black when i see your red shoes

When I posted links to those 2 old articles from The Item on the Mystery Couple thread (I guess I should have posted them here), there was another article I had in my files about the Mystery Couple and Peggy Cuttino. I didn't know if that would be of interest so I didn't post it with them. Since someone posted the Crime Library story on Peggy Cuttino, here is the other article from The Item that discusses both.

http://www.theitem.com/apps/pbcs.dll...WS01/102170051

It's a really interesting article.
    Please Help Find Brian Shaffer!

www.findbrianshaffer.com

Quote Originally Posted by Cambria View Post
    When I posted links to those 2 old articles from The Item on the Mystery Couple thread (I guess I should have posted them here), there was another article I had in my files about the Mystery Couple and Peggy Cuttino. I didn't know if that would be of interest so I didn't post it with them.
    Since someone posted the Crime Library story on Peggy Cuttino, here is the other article from The Item that discusses both.

http://www.theitem.com/apps/pbcs.dll...WS01/102170051

It's a really interesting article.
    Cambria, Yes, another good article.
    I found the following statement in the article quite interesting and eye opening.
    QUOTE:
    The Cuttino case is fascinating, but it's also a tragic story, Bardsley said.

"What really surprises me is, it seemed like there was something amiss in Sumter justice at that time," she said.

"It seemed that law enforcement was so anxious to put the case to bed, that they ignored all the major facts of the case.

The fact that the person they wanted to pin this on had an airtight alibi 200 miles away in Georgia didn't seem to matter.

"I don't think Junior Pierce is any model of humanity," she added, "but they wasted their time with him."

As for Gaskins, who in 1978, claimed under truth serum that he killed Cuttino, Bardsley doesn't buy his confession either. She believes he was trying to grandstand.

The Cuttino case has the mark of a serial killer, she said, but not Gaskins.

"It is the signature of the crime. The display of the girl points to a different killer than Gaskins," she said. "He never wanted his victims found.
    He hid them. He wasn't into displaying victims at all."

The story is an example of "a miscarriage of justice that everybody in Sumter knew about," Bardsley said.

"It's an injustice to this Pierce guy.

Even worse, it takes the heat off of whoever did it. I guarantee you, this person did it again, and again.
    Maybe not in South Carolina, but somewhere else," she said. "Mrs. Lenoir is to be congratulated for her bravery and diligence." ..............

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterylover View Post
    Cambria, Yes, another good article.
    I found the following statement in the article quite interesting and eye opening.
    QUOTE:
    The Cuttino case is fascinating, but it's also a tragic story, Bardsley said.

"What really surprises me is, it seemed like there was something amiss in Sumter justice at that time," she said.

"It seemed that law enforcement was so anxious to put the case to bed, that they ignored all the major facts of the case.

The fact that the person they wanted to pin this on had an airtight alibi 200 miles away in Georgia didn't seem to matter.

"I don't think Junior Pierce is any model of humanity," she added, "but they wasted their time with him."

As for Gaskins, who in 1978, claimed under truth serum that he killed Cuttino, Bardsley doesn't buy his confession either. She believes he was trying to grandstand.

The Cuttino case has the mark of a serial killer, she said, but not Gaskins.

"It is the signature of the crime. The display of the girl points to a different killer than Gaskins," she said. "He never wanted his victims found.
    He hid them. He wasn't into displaying victims at all."

The story is an example of "a miscarriage of justice that everybody in Sumter knew about," Bardsley said.

"It's an injustice to this Pierce guy.

Even worse, it takes the heat off of whoever did it. I guarantee you, this person did it again, and again.
    Maybe not in South Carolina, but somewhere else," she said. "Mrs. Lenoir is to be congratulated for her bravery and diligence." ..............
    Yes, I thought Marilyn Bardsley's comments were interesting. I definitely think in their haste to solve this, they got the wrong guy. I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss Gaskins though. I know just because he was there doesn't mean he did it. I haven't read that Crime Library story on Peggy Cuttino for a long time. I'll have to re-read it and see what they say about Gaskins again.
    Please Help Find Brian Shaffer!

www.findbrianshaffer.com

I'm also curious about a photo that was on phenolred's myspace page for the mystery couple.

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/inde...mageID=1808081

or tiny url:
    http://tinyurl.com/bq89yt

It is my feeling that this photo is the most representative of Jane Doe.

Notice the facial differences, the odd ear, and in particular the forehead height as compared with other photos. You tell me, is this the same person as the morgue photo of Jane with her mouth open? What do you think?
    It is this picture of Jane that made me wonder about the Amish or Pennsylvania Dutch.

==========================================

I'm gonna add this here due to lack of time.
    I found these 2 images, thought I left open where I found this one but must have closed it. I did save it..

Then there is this version which I wish I could find larger

Guys, Look closely at the dirt road in the pictures.

It definitely looks like a one-lane, narrow sandy dirt road with grass growing in the center.

This road was certainly NOT traveled often, by many cars, from the looks of the grass and the dirt....

This young couple would NOT have been on this deserted road at night...plus their feet/shoes was way too clean.

Who ever 'placed' these kids beside this road, knew the area and the dirt road in my opinion..
    Last edited by Mysterylover; 03-17-2009 at 12:00 PM.

I don't think I posted this before...

edit: it was published January 1977

Thanks Mayfairlight for the 1977 newspaper article...very interesting.

I read months back, truck driver, Henry had told LE his brother 'gave' him the pistol for Christmas several years before the murders....

Hmmm! my question is: was the stolen pistol really a gift?

I found the following very enlightening...
    The article says:
    Sheriff Parnell says the (.357) gun has been traced to a 1974 theft of several weapons in Durham, North Carolina...

My question is:
    Was the 1974 gun theft in Durham, NC. ever solved?

WAS stealing guns in the home break-in and the murder and robbery of the couple in S.C. all done by the same people????
    there was definitely a stolen Smoking Gun!

It's my good common sense opinion H. and his brother should have been throughly investigated in connection to both cases...
    Where there's Smoke there's Fire!

I also think it established the weapon, because another one has been mention as well.

I looked for that weapons theft and I'm sure I saved an article from that, I only found one. (In fact I've saved lots of articles, I'll just need the time to post them here.)
    There was apparantly a similar crime in a nearby city that year, with a young couple being attacked, it just caught my eye but might be irrelevant.

I agree Mysterylover, why weren't they? There is nothing else about this guy or the finding of the weapon apart from this clipping. Something weird was going on

Mayfairlight, the article only establishes that the gun was used in the murders if the story line is believable. Personally, I don't think it is. Behind letting a felon walk, stands a guy with something to gain. There's nothing about that article that eliminates the possibility of an additional weapon which would indicate two shooters. The neck shots had to be made with a smaller caliber weapon. Then again, those neck shots may be bogus. Although the neck shot photos are framed, they look very much like drawings and not actual photos.

These murder victims have too many bullet holes, shot in the back, shot in the chest, shot in the head, shot in the neck. Talk about overkill, and not a peep out of the county to correct any of it.

I think back to a case over in Georgia, a few years after this case, where the sheriff was looking the other way as drugs were smuggled through his county. He even had someone from Georgia State Police involved in it. They were both getting kick-backs.

Could the same thing have happened in SC? Sure. It happens in a lot of places, drug smuggling, money laundering, etc.

I've heard it said more than once, if some guys weren't cops, they'd be on the wrong side of the law. Every dept. has its bad apples.

I am obsessed with this case. I live in South Carolina less than a 2 hour drive to the crime scene. I have never been there, but I plan on getting there over the summer. I recall that someone on here has spoken with the coroner at the time, who has since retired, is that correct? I believe this case can be solved. I believe that this case may have people still living who would be harmed by the light of day.....i.e. were somehow involved with the murders, or the cover up, or even the simple lack of good investigation. Doesn't matter. The truth needs to be told. The truth WILL be told. WE CAN SOLVE THIS CASE!!! I firmly believe that. If anyone has any ideas on what I should do, PM me.... I am relatively local, and VERY willing to help.

Mayfairlight, the article only establishes that the gun was used in the murders if the story line is believable. Personally, I don't think it is. Behind letting a felon walk, stands a guy with something to gain. There's nothing about that article that eliminates the possibility of an additional weapon which would indicate two shooters. The neck shots had to be made with a smaller caliber weapon. Then again, those neck shots may be bogus. Although the neck shot photos are framed, they look very much like drawings and not actual photos.

These murder victims have too many bullet holes, shot in the back, shot in the chest, shot in the head, shot in the neck. Talk about overkill, and not a peep out of the county to correct any of it.

I think back to a case over in Georgia, a few years after this case, where the sheriff was looking the other way as drugs were smuggled through his county. He even had someone from Georgia State Police involved in it. They were both getting kick-backs.

Could the same thing have happened in SC? Sure. It happens in a lot of places, drug smuggling, money laundering, etc.

I've heard it said more than once, if some guys weren't cops, they'd be on the wrong side of the law. Every dept. has its bad apples.
    I think it establishes what the murder weapon was
    But that's just my opinion.
    What do you mean too many bullet holes?
    I so hope these kids will be identified.
    The shooter/ killer may be dead, but who would he have spoken to?
    Just to know why he/ she killed them.
    It's so sad...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast