645 users online (80 members and 565 guests)  

Websleuths News

NJ - Old Bridge Twp, WhtMale 267UMNJ, 25-35, bound & shot, designer clothes, Dec'96

Here's a side by side for your viewing there is only a composite for 267 umnj. There is a difference in eye color, but, I think the pics are a good match.

Michael Dean Andrews
    Missing since January 8, 1993 from Baltimore, Maryland.
    Classification: Missing

Vital Statistics

* Date Of Birth: April 16, 1974
    * Age at Time of Disappearance: 18 years old
    * Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'8"; 160 lbs
    * Distinguishing Characteristics: White male. Blonde hair; blue eyes. Light complexion. At the time of disappearance he had a small mustache and a crew cut.
    * Marks, Scars: He has a mole on the top of his left leg.
    * Clothing: Blue jeans and a green parka.
    * Medical Conditions: Andrews has been diagnosed as mentally retarded and has numerous other mental/behavioral problems.

Circumstances of Disappearance
    Andrews was last seen on January 8, 1993 at his home at 1901 Birch Street, Baltimore, Maryland.

Unidentified White Male

* Located on December 9, 1996 in Old Bridge Township, Middlesex County, New Jersey.
    * Cause of death was homicide

Vital Statistics

* Estimated age: 25 - 35 years old
    * Approximate Height and Weight: 5'9" - 5'10"; 160-180 lbs.
    * Distinguishing Characteristics: Sandy colored short hair; brown eyes. He was clean shaven and had no tattoos.
    * Dentals: Dental charts, dental x-rays, fingerprints and body x-rays available for comparison.
    * Clothing: He was wearing designer label clothing. A waist length black leather jacket with lambs wool collar; a multi colored sweater; green corduroy trousers and black laced dress shoes. He also wore a gold neck chain.

Case History
    On Monday, December 9, 1996, the victim was discovered by hunters in a wooded area of Old Bridge Township, NJ, off Old Mill Road, west of Route 9. The victim had his hands bound behind him and had suffered several gunshot wounds to the head. There was no identification on the body.
    Unidentified White Male

* The victim was discovered on June 21, 2000 in Winter Park, Orange County, Florida
    * Estimated Date of Death: More than one year prior to discovery
    * State of Remains: Partial Skeleton
    HC 1060
    Vital Statistics

* Estimated age: 23-60 years old
    * Approximate Height and Weight: 5'0"- 6'0" (67" est), weight can not be estimated.
    * Clothing: Belt, a pair of pants, shoes and socks, a green, white and red striped shirt.
    * Personal Effects:Two holsters, and one small caliber gun. Coins, comb, keys, lighter, and a ball.
    * Dentals: Available
    * DNA: Pending.

Case History
    The victim's bones were discovered in a wooded area behind an apartment complex at 7400 University Blvd.
    The scene was searched and other remains were found partially buried. His hands were not recovered. The wooded area is just west of Goldenrod Road (south side of street),in Winter Park.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 03-23-2013 at 11:38 PM. Reason: prefix, title

MsRyber is offline Lacks Insight, but has great Common Sense.
    "Medical Conditions: Andrews has been diagnosed as mentally retarded and has numerous other mental/behavioral problems."

This jumps out at me.
    The whole "designer dress", gold chain, different jacket, etc found on the JD.

Just seems a like hinky to me that he would be in New Jersey for any reason.
    Or a "likely" target for such an elaborate, execution-style murder. Not that it is impossible, it just doesn't seem too probable.

Also "Two holsters, and one small caliber gun. Coins, comb, keys, lighter, and a ball.". I am not sure how Andrews would have got these. I suppose it would depend on the level of mental retardation and his functioning level.

I don't see the resemblance, perhaps someone else does.

Good points, maybe, with the holsters and expensive clothes and execution style he was mob related. I'll work on that angle and focus on the umnj
    I considered your points, as well, just not sure of the degree of lack of capacity, thought he may have run away.
    Thanks for your opinion!

New Jersey
    What about this as a possible match for Michael Andrews:

Namus ID 5207 or Doe file HC1778

Southwestern PA

I think that UID you listed as a possible match for Michael Andrews could also be a possible match for James Donald Kimball. http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/...all_james.html

Bolingbrook where the UID was found and Oak Park where James Kimball was from are only 37 miles apart.

I hope you don't if I make a thread with the UID you found to a possible match of James Kimball also..He's not on the rule out list either.

I think it's worth a shot to see about both of them...someone is missing a loved one.

Northeast USA
    I was going to start a thread for this UID but checked to see if there was one already. I remember reading about this in the newspaper after it happened and my initial reaction was how could a well dressed guy wind up dead in the woods in Old Bridge without anyone knowing who he was?

I never recall reading about his hands being bound and being shot execution style which is on the Doe Network profile. it would not appear to be robbery as he had a gold chain on him when he was murdered.

if there is any mob connection, my hunch would be the Russian mob in Brooklyn. per mapquest is it about a one hour drive from Brighton Beach, Brooklyn to Old Bridge, NJ.