LIST Case Questions and Answers For Members #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

JBean

Retired WS Administrator
Reaction score
This is a place to post your unanswered questions. Hopefully another member knows the answer or can direct you to the information. This is not a general discussion thread, but questions and answers. It is hard to wade through chit chat when someone is just trying to find the answer to a question or answer a posted question.
Thanks.
Thread 5
previous thread

Questions should not be asking for opinions. the rest of the forum is for that.

Leave a question
leave an answer.
These are not opinion type questions and not an open discussion thread. Many people are havng trouble isolating the questions and the answers because of all the back and forth.

if you don't have the answer, don't post anything. If you don't have a specific question don't post anything.

I don't know how to bring a quote over from another thread, but in the previous thread Gummishoe asked, "With all the health issues with GA could he be pulled from the witness list? Also does anyone think this recent event was a ploy to keep him from testifying? I just do not trust this family and it would not surprise me if they all had a hand in this latest episode."

Last night, on NG, a lawyer said something to the effect that if GA was receiving treatment and under psychiatric care and if he could bring a letter from his doctor stating as much, it could get him out of having to give his deposition. So, evidently, being under psychiatric care does effect participation in some legal proceedings. I, too, wonder if this could get him out of having to take the stand at the murder trial.

Can someone please direct me to this thread? It shows it's been moved.
TIA!

Question - are there any legal eagles out there who can tell me what questions will be allowed in the deposition of the A's family by ZG's lawyer? Will it be limited only to "have you ever seen/heard of Zanny" or will he be allowed to ask questions such as "who did babysit the child"?

Morgan keeps saying, all casey has to do is say whether or not the picture he has is the babysitter zenida or not. Is that a trick, if she answers, does that force her to answer all the questions and NOT be able to take the 5th? Why does he keep saying, all she hasd to do is look at the pic and say yes or no?

Morgan keeps saying, all casey has to do is say whether or not the picture he has is the babysitter zenida or not. Is that a trick, if she answers, does that force her to answer all the questions and NOT be able to take the 5th? Why does he keep saying, all she hasd to do is look at the pic and say yes or no?

IMO Morgan's saying that's all Casey needs to do to end this, only because he knows she won't say it. He's bluffing the bluffer.

Answering one question doesn't require Casey to answer additional questions.

Question - are there any legal eagles out there who can tell me what questions will be allowed in the deposition of the A's family by ZG's lawyer? Will it be limited only to "have you ever seen/heard of Zanny" or will he be allowed to ask questions such as "who did babysit the child"?

All questions will be "allowed."
The defense may object to a question, but unless the answer would divulge privileged information or unless the Anthonys plead the 5th then she/he will have to answer.
And even if they plead the 5th the plaintiffs may ask the judge to make a ruling on that.

Thank you, Amysmom, for answering me on the old thread. :blowkiss:

Question: Has it been determined whether GA was being truthful when he claimed to have been swindled by a Nigerian email scam, or, if it was actually internet gambling which brought upon the debt? I have heard his commentary on the FBI tapes re: this issue, but I was unsure if it has been confirmed via anyone.

TIA!

All questions will be "allowed."
The defense may object to a question, but unless the answer would divulge privileged information or unless the Anthonys plead the 5th then she/he will have to answer.
And even if they plead the 5th the plaintiffs may ask the judge to make a ruling on that.

:woohoo:
Been trying to get more info on the A's potential depositions all day.

1. What types of rulings might the judge make ?

2. Will the A's receive copies of the questions in advance ?

3. If so, can ZFG's attorney ask additional questions - perhaps to clarify a point ?

4. Can the A's attorneys ask any questions of ZFG's attorney ?

5. If the A's plead the 5th Amendment, should we assume that they have cause to worry about being charged with a crime ?

TIA - a zillion

Been trying to get more info on the A's potential depositions all day.

1. What types of rulings might the judge make ?

2. Will the A's receive copies of the questions in advance ?

3. If so, can ZFG's attorney ask additional questions - perhaps to clarify a point ?

4. Can the A's attorneys ask any questions of ZFG's attorney ?

5. If the A's plead the 5th Amendment, should we assume that they have cause to worry about being charged with a crime ?

TIA - a zillion

1- Simply put, in this context, the Judge would make a ruling on whether or not the information sought to be obtained would result in the Anthonys incriminating themselves and thus afforded the protection of the 5th Amendment. Such a ruling obviously rests on some relatively complex legal principles.

2- No

3 - ZFG's attorneys can ask any question they want to ask.

4 - No, but the defense attorney can ask the Anthonys questions at the end of the deposition in an effort to clarify things (although it seems odd that they would, if they needed to clarify anything they could do so by affidavit in case of a dispositive motion).

5 - Not necessarily. I mean anyone can exercise their 5th Amendment rights. If they are exercising them properly then we can assume that they are in some sort of jeopardy.

1- Simply put, in this context, the Judge would make a ruling on whether or not the information sought to be obtained would result in the Anthonys incriminating themselves and thus afforded the protection of the 5th Amendment. Such a ruling obviously rests on some relatively complex legal principles.

2- No

3 - ZFG's attorneys can ask any question they want to ask.

4 - No, but the defense attorney can ask the Anthonys questions at the end of the deposition in an effort to clarify things (although it seems odd that they would, if they needed to clarify anything they could do so by affidavit in case of a dispositive motion).

5 - Not necessarily. I mean anyone can exercise their 5th Amendment rights. If they are exercising them properly then we can assume that they are in some sort of jeopardy.

Thanks again ! Learning so much on this site.

This has been bothering me since an early document release. It is in the chat fragments between KC and nyitaliano3 (AR), May 3 2008, retrieved by LE:

NYI- come over I'll cook
KC-ha, want me to bring the little snothead ?
KC-didn't think so
NYI-I meant when she is occupied by another adult
KC- haha
KC- I know

Any thoughts about what that means? I find it disturbing.

Do we have a thread where fellow sleuths have gathered the data for all the money that the A's have been paid for pics and interviews?

This has been bothering me since an early document release. It is in the chat fragments between KC and nyitaliano3 (AR), May 3 2008, retrieved by LE:

NYI- come over I'll cook
KC-didn't think so
KC- haha
KC- I know

Being looked after by an adult other than him because he wants to 'hook up' with KC ....bigtime. :puke:

NYI- come over I'll cook
KC-didn't think so
KC- haha
KC- I know

To me it sounds like some messeges are missing?

The phrase "occupied by another adult" just means "busy with someone else" like distracted with what Cindy or George was doing enough that KC could leave.

I'm fairly new, and I'm confused about the Todd Black issue. Who is he and why is he significant to the case?

I'm fairly new, and I'm confused about the Todd Black issue. Who is he and why is he significant to the case?

Todd Black was presented as Jose Baez's spokesperson. He's the guy that inadvertently admitted on a Headline News show a few months back that Caylee was deceased. We heard after that he had been let go or replaced.. I don't know how that panned out. It's now come to light that TB is one of several "aliases" used by a G. Cabot, some sort of entertainment agent who was convicted of a felony some years ago... trying to extort money from Entertainment Tonight anchor Jann Carl.

Question about the doc dumps. First of all... why are they coming out at all? Why are the records in this case being made public in big chunks? Are they being made public when they're released to defense as discovery? If so, how can prosecutors hold certain documents back (i.e. interviews with Annie, etc?) And how do we know beforehand that one is coming in a few days?

Question about the doc dumps. First of all... why are they coming out at all? Why are the records in this case being made public in big chunks? Are they being made public when they're released to defense as discovery? If so, how can prosecutors hold certain documents back (i.e. interviews with Annie, etc?) And how do we know beforehand that one is coming in a few days?

Sumething tu du with flurida law.

my 0 key bruke!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members