988 users online (225 members and 763 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    gaia227 is offline I have never taken any exercise except sleeping and resting - M. Twain

Puerto Rico - Sarah Kusak, 36, pregnant, raped, murdered, Fajardo, 4 Feb 2009

I did a search and didn't find this posted anywhere......

Sarah Kusak was out for a morning jog when she was abducted and stuffed into a trunk Wednesday morning. She called 911 from the trunk of her abductors car. She was found an hour later with her throat slit. She was able to give a description of the car and police have arrested someone but he has not been charged.

She had just arrived in Puerto Rico for vacation. She was meeting her fiance and some friends who lived there.

So Sad and senseless. Why? He just saw her and decided to kill her for no reason. He did not take anything from her.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29026871
    'The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated'
    --Ghandi

EmMomma is offline Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult
    This was on our local news site last night, but I didn't post it here because there were absolutely no details, just that a local woman was found dead in PR.
    How very tragic.
    "Lost is not alone..." T. Miller, Founder TES (and MY HERO!!!)

"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do. What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of God, I will." -

Edward Everett Hale

gaia227 is offline I have never taken any exercise except sleeping and resting - M. Twain
    This has a little more info. Sara didn't call 911 she called her friend at the Marina who then called 911. LE thinks Sara did not know that 911 was the emergency number in PR too. It also says she was 5 months pregnant.
    It also says she was partially clothed when found.

http://www.transworldnews.com/NewsSt...d=75380&cat=14

Video interview w/ police:

http://www.truveo.com/Pregnant-Touri...o/id/203672786#

Guy in custody had Sara's cell phone on him when he was arrested. Idiot. It makes me so angry when worthless waste of space pieces of trash who contribute nothing positive to society or the people around them take the lives of productive, positive people especially when it is as random and senseless as this - just for kicks.
    'The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated'
    --Ghandi

I wonder if this might have been intended to be a kidnapping like what is going on in Mexico and in border towns of the U.S. I don't know why anyone would want to go visit any of these countries with the drug wars going on right now.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...1swDQD965N7PO0

This case got strange...

From an article:

A Puerto Rican man whose mother once slit the throats of two children was charged Thursday with killing a pregnant U.S. tourist in the same way after stuffing her in the trunk of his car.

Eliezer Marquez Navedo also faces two counts of rape and one count of kidnapping after police said he ambushed the woman while she jogged in the eastern coastal town of Fajardo.

"He opened the trunk, he waited for her to pass by and he forced her into the trunk," said Antonio Lopez, Fajardo's police investigations chief..."

"Marquez's mother, Ines Navedo, was convicted of slashing the throats of a brother and sister, ages 2 and 3, in 1992, and served seven years in prison before being released on parole with an electronic ankle bracelet for good behavior. She originally was sentenced to 26 years in prison.

Relatives of the victims told authorities that Navedo attacked the children because she was angry the family had shunned her after learning she apparently was HIV positive, said retired police officer Pablo Roman, who investigated the case..."

"Marquez has seven children, two with the woman he was living with, and five with a woman he is married to, police officer Arsenio Rodriguez said."

I hope that Sarah's family finds grace and courage to make it through this brutal senseless murder. It's also sad to me that the man who murdered her had 7 children who are now without a father. Very sad and strange situation.
    "Three things in human life are important: The first is to be kind; the second is to be kind; and the third is to be kind." ~ Henry James

EmMomma is offline Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult
    Glad they caught the monster that did this.
    Sarah called her fiance and told him she was about to die. How terrible and utterly senseless.
    RIP, Sarah.

http://savannahnow.com/node/667594
    "Lost is not alone..." T. Miller, Founder TES (and MY HERO!!!)

"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do. What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of God, I will." -

Edward Everett Hale

Slain Pregnant American Tourist Told Fiance From Car Trunk She Was Going to Die

This is so sad. What a sick person who now feels badly that he killed her because she was pregnant.

"A pregnant tourist who was abducted and killed while jogging in Puerto Rico told her fiance "she was going to die" in a frantic cell phone call from the trunk of her abductor's car, the victim's mother said Friday.

Sara Kuszak, 36, was found dead with her throat slashed Wednesday. Her mother, Joan Lang, said her final call to fiance Cheshire McIntosh offered little hope of escape.

"She talked to Cheshire and she told him she knew she was going to die," Lang said by phone from her home in San Jose, Calif. "She knew she didn't have a chance with this man. You can just imagine the agony they were both going through, to say goodbye to each other."

Eliezer Marquez, 36, was charged in court Thursday with kidnapping, rape and first-degree murder in Kuszak's death. Police in Fajardo said he confessed to killing Kuszak after they arrested him Wednesday with bloodstains on his shirt and pants.

The killing was carried out in the same fashion as murders that Marquez's mother, Ines Navedo, was convicted of committing in 1992. She slit the throats of two young siblings aged 2 and 3."

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,489389,00.html

Being discussed here: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79235

I'll get a MOD and ask to merge....

Why did the mom get out after only 7 years of 26!!!!!!?????? That should be LWOP. I hope this guy gets more than 26 years.

Another article that includes pictures of Sarah:

http://www.abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=6812483&page=1

This story just breaks my heart. Such a beautiful lady & family. I hope the POS gets charged for killing her baby as well.

How sad. I guess it doesn't matter whether it is day or evening...women should never go walking or jogging alone no matter where they are. I wonder why in the world that killer's mother was let out of prison after only 7 yrs. I think they said "good behavior!!!" Seven years in prison for murdering two little children...what a joke! I too hope this guy gets LWOP and not out in 7 years or less.

Maybe the mother isn't the one who slashed the kids' throats. It's hard to believe that he hasn't done something before now and he just happens to pick out an American.

So Cal Redlands, CA to be exact. We call it Inland Empire!
    RIP Sarah, you and your baby boy. This terrifies me. I will be traveling to Puerto Rico in 3 weeks on government business. I will be in San Jaun and I am not sure how close that is to Fajardo, but I've heard some pretty scary stories from PR but, this one really scared me.
    The world is divided into two kinds of people: those who have tattoos, and those who are afraid of people with tattoos. ~Author Unknown

Mother is the name for God on the hearts and lips of all children.

Quote Originally Posted by txsvicki View Post
    I wonder if this might have been intended to be a kidnapping like what is going on in Mexico and in border towns of the U.S. I don't know why anyone would want to go visit any of these countries with the drug wars going on right now.
    By "these countries" do you mean the United States? 'Cause Puerto Rico is part of the USA.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast