GUILTY Puerto Rico - Sarah Kusak, 36, pregnant, raped, murdered, Fajardo, 4 Feb 2009

gaia227

I have never taken any exercise except sleeping an
Reaction score
I did a search and didn't find this posted anywhere......

Sarah Kusak was out for a morning jog when she was abducted and stuffed into a trunk Wednesday morning. She called 911 from the trunk of her abductors car. She was found an hour later with her throat slit. She was able to give a description of the car and police have arrested someone but he has not been charged.

She had just arrived in Puerto Rico for vacation. She was meeting her fiance and some friends who lived there.

So Sad and senseless. Why? He just saw her and decided to kill her for no reason. He did not take anything from her.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29026871

This was on our local news site last night, but I didn't post it here because there were absolutely no details, just that a local woman was found dead in PR.
How very tragic. :confused:

This has a little more info. Sara didn't call 911 she called her friend at the Marina who then called 911. LE thinks Sara did not know that 911 was the emergency number in PR too. It also says she was 5 months pregnant.
It also says she was partially clothed when found.

http://www.transworldnews.com/NewsStory.aspx?id=75380&cat=14

Video interview w/ police:

http://www.truveo.com/Pregnant-Tourist-Abducted-Killed-in-Puerto-Rico/id/203672786#

Guy in custody had Sara's cell phone on him when he was arrested. Idiot. It makes me so angry when worthless waste of space pieces of trash who contribute nothing positive to society or the people around them take the lives of productive, positive people especially when it is as random and senseless as this - just for kicks.

I wonder if this might have been intended to be a kidnapping like what is going on in Mexico and in border towns of the U.S. I don't know why anyone would want to go visit any of these countries with the drug wars going on right now.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5iL3Azk9OxlT5JN3IbHzKrIj1swDQD965N7PO0

This case got strange...

From an article:

A Puerto Rican man whose mother once slit the throats of two children was charged Thursday with killing a pregnant U.S. tourist in the same way after stuffing her in the trunk of his car.

Eliezer Marquez Navedo also faces two counts of rape and one count of kidnapping after police said he ambushed the woman while she jogged in the eastern coastal town of Fajardo.

"He opened the trunk, he waited for her to pass by and he forced her into the trunk," said Antonio Lopez, Fajardo's police investigations chief..."

"Marquez's mother, Ines Navedo, was convicted of slashing the throats of a brother and sister, ages 2 and 3, in 1992, and served seven years in prison before being released on parole with an electronic ankle bracelet for good behavior. She originally was sentenced to 26 years in prison.

Relatives of the victims told authorities that Navedo attacked the children because she was angry the family had shunned her after learning she apparently was HIV positive, said retired police officer Pablo Roman, who investigated the case..."

"Marquez has seven children, two with the woman he was living with, and five with a woman he is married to, police officer Arsenio Rodriguez said."

I hope that Sarah's family finds grace and courage to make it through this brutal senseless murder. It's also sad to me that the man who murdered her had 7 children who are now without a father. Very sad and strange situation.

Glad they caught the monster that did this. :furious:
Sarah called her fiance and told him she was about to die. How terrible and utterly senseless.
RIP, Sarah.

http://savannahnow.com/node/667594

This is so sad. What a sick person who now feels badly that he killed her because she was pregnant.

"A pregnant tourist who was abducted and killed while jogging in Puerto Rico told her fiance "she was going to die" in a frantic cell phone call from the trunk of her abductor's car, the victim's mother said Friday.

Sara Kuszak, 36, was found dead with her throat slashed Wednesday. Her mother, Joan Lang, said her final call to fiance Cheshire McIntosh offered little hope of escape.

"She talked to Cheshire and she told him she knew she was going to die," Lang said by phone from her home in San Jose, Calif. "She knew she didn't have a chance with this man. You can just imagine the agony they were both going through, to say goodbye to each other."

Eliezer Marquez, 36, was charged in court Thursday with kidnapping, rape and first-degree murder in Kuszak's death. Police in Fajardo said he confessed to killing Kuszak after they arrested him Wednesday with bloodstains on his shirt and pants.

The killing was carried out in the same fashion as murders that Marquez's mother, Ines Navedo, was convicted of committing in 1992. She slit the throats of two young siblings aged 2 and 3."

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,489389,00.html

Why did the mom get out after only 7 years of 26!!!!!!?????? That should be LWOP. I hope this guy gets more than 26 years.

This story just breaks my heart. Such a beautiful lady & family. I hope the gets charged for killing her baby as well.

How sad. I guess it doesn't matter whether it is day or evening...women should never go walking or jogging alone no matter where they are. I wonder why in the world that killer's mother was let out of prison after only 7 yrs. I think they said "good behavior!!!" Seven years in prison for murdering two little children...what a joke! I too hope this guy gets LWOP and not out in 7 years or less.

Maybe the mother isn't the one who slashed the kids' throats. It's hard to believe that he hasn't done something before now and he just happens to pick out an American.

RIP Sarah, you and your baby boy. This terrifies me. I will be traveling to Puerto Rico in 3 weeks on government business. I will be in San Jaun and I am not sure how close that is to Fajardo, but I've heard some pretty scary stories from PR but, this one really scared me.

I wonder if this might have been intended to be a kidnapping like what is going on in Mexico and in border towns of the U.S. I don't know why anyone would want to go visit any of these countries with the drug wars going on right now.

By "these countries" do you mean the United States? 'Cause Puerto Rico is part of the USA.

By "these countries" do you mean the United States? 'Cause Puerto Rico is part of the USA.

While this is true, things are done differently in PR. Just look at the mom getting out after 7 years. IMO PR might be a part of the US, but in name only. I know people who have lived both on and off the island, and they say it is 100 percent like another country.

While this is true, things are done differently in PR. Just look at the mom getting out after 7 years. IMO PR might be a part of the US, but in name only. I know people who have lived both on and off the island, and they say it is 100 percent like another country.

Puerto Rico and the US are certainly different in many ways culturally but there are murderers and child rapists in the mainland US who get out after serving only a few years and a lot of the time we hear about them offending again.

Mark Dean Schwab was convicted of several counts of child rape and was released after only three years. One month later he abducted Junny Martinez who was eleven, tortured him, raped him and murdered him.

Daniel Tavares HACKED his mother to death with an axe was released from prison after 15yrs. Within a few months he murdered a young couple for $50.00.

Danny Rouse killed a five year little boy and stabbed his mother was released from prison and within a couple years he raped and murdered a 16 yr old girl.

Antonio Arroyo murdered a 41 yr old woman, sexually mutilated her and killed her with an axe. He was charged with aggrevated manslaughter and was released after 10 yrs. He then murdered a 25 yr old woman.

Keith Fenn was given 18 months for raping and sodomizing a 10yr old girl.

Tracy Bratton and Patrick Bougeouis were convicted of torturing and killing Patrick's toddler son. They both served less than 3 yrs in prison for the crime. Tracy Bratton has since had another baby and has been allowed to keep custody.

We could go on and on but the point is that child rapists and murders are set free early in the US mainland all the time. Maybe we aren't so different after all.

Puerto Rico and the US are certainly different in many ways culturally but there are murderers and child rapists in the mainland US who get out after serving only a few years and a lot of the time we hear about them offending again.

Mark Dean Schwab was convicted of several counts of child rape and was released after only three years. One month later he abducted Junny Martinez who was eleven, tortured him, raped him and murdered him.

Daniel Tavares HACKED his mother to death with an axe was released from prison after 15yrs. Within a few months he murdered a young couple for $50.00.

Danny Rouse killed a five year little boy and stabbed his mother was released from prison and within a couple years he raped and murdered a 16 yr old girl.

Antonio Arroyo murdered a 41 yr old woman, sexually mutilated her and killed her with an axe. He was charged with aggrevated manslaughter and was released after 10 yrs. He then murdered a 25 yr old woman.

Keith Fenn was given 18 months for raping and sodomizing a 10yr old girl.

Tracy Bratton and Patrick Bougeouis were convicted of torturing and killing Patrick's toddler son. They both served less than 3 yrs in prison for the crime. Tracy Bratton has since had another baby and has been allowed to keep custody.

We could go on and on but the point is that child rapists and murders are set free early in the US mainland all the time. Maybe we aren't so different after all.

The point of my post wasn't to offend, but apparently it offended you since you spent so much time researching people to prove a point. :rolleyes:

PR has a MUCH smaller population that the US, I would expect the US to have MUCH more crime. The person I named is directly related to this case. My experiences with PR are limited, only having many friends who lived there and have moved to the US or share time both places. I've only been over there briefly for work. Now I bow out of this thread.

I hope for full justice for this woman, her baby and her family and friends.

The point of my post wasn't to offend, but apparently it offended you since you spent so much time researching people to prove a point. :rolleyes:

PR has a MUCH smaller population that the US, I would expect the US to have MUCH more crime. The person I named is directly related to this case. My experiences with PR are limited, only having many friends who lived there and have moved to the US or share time both places. I've only been over there briefly for work. Now I bow out of this thread.

I hope for full justice for this woman, her baby and her family and friends.

Sorry, but I found it pretty offensive myself. First by stating 'these countries' when PR is not a country but a territory of the US, I know, I was born and raised there and am a US citizen, I speak perfect English (probably better than my Spanish)...secondly by saying that you don't know why anyone would go there and third by the 'drug wars' comment. My apologies, but you really need to be a little more versed in the politics and issues going on in that island, it is much, much different than the other islands, because it IS an American territory. There ARE areas that I would not recommend going to, or jogging around in, just like in any city/state, and there are wonderful, beautiful and even exclusive areas.
The murder of this poor woman is HORRIFIC, I hope this man rots in jail, I actually wish him worse. It sounds like his mother was a piece of work as well.
Puerto Rico is by no means perfect, there have been plenty of stories on here where people are so quick to just bash the whole freaking island and don't even think of the fact that craziness happens right in their own backyard. It's not a third world country. I was learning how to write in cursive in kindergarten and I was learning English in Kindergarten as well.

I really wanted to leave this thread alone, but Catsmeow, I didn't say anything about 'these countries', a drug war or that I wouldn't go there. Perhaps you are talking about someone else.

PS, cute dog.

Sorry, but I found it pretty offensive myself. First by stating 'these countries' when PR is not a country but a territory of the US, I know, I was born and raised there and am a US citizen, I speak perfect English (probably better than my Spanish)...secondly by saying that you bdon't know why anyone would go there and third by the 'drug wars' comment. My apologies, but you really need to be a little more versed in the politics and issues going on in that island, it is much, much different than the other islands, because it IS an American territory. There ARE areas that I would not recommend going to, or jogging around in, just like in any city/state, and there are wonderful, beautiful and even exclusive areas.
The murder of this poor woman is HORRIFIC, I hope this man rots in jail, I actually wish him worse. It sounds like his mother was a piece of work as well.
Puerto Rico is by no means perfect, there have been plenty of stories on here where people are so quick to just bash the whole freaking island and don't even think of the fact that craziness happens right in their own backyard. It's not a third world country. I was learning how to write in cursive in kindergarten and I was learning English in Kindergarten as well.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rangelmcguire
Back