1390 users online (318 members and 1072 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

CA - Couple Set Exotic Dancer on Fire, Tarzana, Ca.

It doesn't look good for the victim. People are so cruel.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,488547,00.html

Police in Los Angeles are searching for a man and a woman who they say set an exotic nightclub dancer on fire, leaving her clinging to life. (more at link)

Pics of the perps at the below link:

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lano...-dancer-b.html

The news is too much for me some days :(

I feel guilty because I think I really need to stop reading the news today. It's all so horrible it's making me nauseous.

I want to pray for vics & their families but some days it's soooo overwhelming to read about how cruel & evil people are to other people that are just minding their own business, going about their daily lives.

Anyone else feel this way?
    What we are doing is just a drop in the ocean.
    But if that drop was not in the ocean,
    I think the ocean would be less because of that missing drop.
    ~~ Mother Theresa ~~

Where is Rachel Cooke? Missing since 10-Jan-2002
    Rachel's thread - WS
    RachelCookeSearch.org

http://www.dailybreeze.com/ci_11635282

"What prompted the attack was not immediately disclosed, although the woman involved in the attack is reported to have worked at the bar."

I thought the woman they are hunting for looked like she was also in the entertainment industry. I know we can't judge a book by it's cover, so I went to see if anything was mentioned before I mention it.

What a cruel and sadistic thing to do to another human being.
    "Three things in human life are important: The first is to be kind; the second is to be kind; and the third is to be kind." ~ Henry James

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Mist View Post
    I feel guilty because I think I really need to stop reading the news today. It's all so horrible it's making me nauseous.

I want to pray for vics & their families but some days it's soooo overwhelming to read about how cruel & evil people are to other people that are just minding their own business, going about their daily lives.

Anyone else feel this way?

Yes, I feel the same.. I hate the news as odd as that is because I'm a member on this forum I see these kinds of headlines and I try my best to avoid coming in these threads, but sometimes one will jump out at me, like this one. I haven't read the article yet and I'm not sure I want to.. People can be so mean cruel..

This post is my opinion only, and is subject to making me look totally confused

Quote Originally Posted by Kat View Post
    http://www.dailybreeze.com/ci_11635282 ."

I thought the woman they are hunting for looked like she was also in the entertainment industry. I know we can't judge a book by it's cover, so I went to see if anything was mentioned before I mention it. .
    I am an adult entertainer and I don't set people on fire. I don't think I look suspicious or criminal either. My sister was murdered by someone that knew us from the club we worked in, and I was badly hurt. Neither of us did anything to provoke the assault. We had actually tried to protect ourselves by having that person barred from the club. Adult entertainers aren't necessarily bad or criminal people. We are often victims and often people blame us for what other people do to us.

The story makes me very sad.
    Lashelle

"Remember, They will never buy the cow if they can get the eggs for free! " ... Kelly Bundy

Carla Lashelle if I have offended you please accept my apology. It wasn't my intention to do so.
    "Three things in human life are important: The first is to be kind; the second is to be kind; and the third is to be kind." ~ Henry James

What would make two grown adults do something like that? Our justice system should punish people by doing to them what they did to their victim!!
    "Truth is,everybody is going to hurt you; You just gotta find the one's worth suffering for.~Bob Marley~

Quote Originally Posted by adnoid View Post
    What the hell is wrong with people?
    I second that!
    "Truth is,everybody is going to hurt you; You just gotta find the one's worth suffering for.~Bob Marley~

jnTexas is online now Can't wait for softball and baseball to start :-)
    I pray this woman survives those babies need her.

Another one that just makes a person sick at heart. How can people be so cruel to each other?! Just thinking of the pain that poor woman is in; I can't imagine PURPOSELY causing anyone that kind of pain.

Quote Originally Posted by Carla Lashelle View Post
    I am an adult entertainer and I don't set people on fire. I don't think I look suspicious or criminal either. My sister was murdered by someone that knew us from the club we worked in, and I was badly hurt. Neither of us did anything to provoke the assault. We had actually tried to protect ourselves by having that person barred from the club. Adult entertainers aren't necessarily bad or criminal people. We are often victims and often people blame us for what other people do to us.

The story makes me very sad.
    TOTALLY OT, but......

This is so true. I actually used to waitress in an adult entertainment club, and most of the girls were very nice. A lot of them were simply trying to work themselves through college, and many of them did and moved onto much bigger and better things. These girls constantly have to ward off those who want something the girls aren't selling. I saw many an ashtray broken over mens' heads while I was working there, lol. Does that make them bad girls? Nope, they were scared and did what they thought they needed to.
    There is nothing this girl could have done to deserve this.
    You won't cry for my absence, I know -
    You forgot me long ago. Am I that unimportant...?
    Am I so insignificant...? Isn't something missing?
    Isn't someone missing me?
    Evanescence
    Please take a moment to see Deanna's Age progression here:
    http://www.missingkids.com/missingki...archLang=en_US
    Deanna Merryfield-missing from Killeen,Tx since July 1990
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=106164

Really nothing new other than the quote below and info on the victim's condition should be released today. LE still have not identified her.

http://www.latimes.com/news/printedi...,7495323.story

Authorities seek a man and a woman in connection with the crime. The woman had recently applied for a job at the sports bar where the dancer worked but wasn't hired.

http://www.myfoxla.com/dpp/news/loca...ancer_20090206

(snips)
    The victim, identified by friends as Brazilian-born Roberta Abdue Dos Santos Busby of Simi Valley, was counting tips inside the bikini bar just before closing time when she was called outside, the Los Angeles Daily News reported.
    Authorities said she went outside to talk to the two suspects, who then poured an accelerant on her and set her ablaze.
    She then ran back inside yelling, " `Am I OK? Am I OK?'," a friend who declined to give her name told The Daily News.

A 14-year friend of the victim told The Daily News that Busby had been working full-time for a bill-collection agency and dancing part-time under the name Mia to help ends meet. When she was recently laid off, the mother of two young daughters, ages 8 and 4, decided to dance more frequently, the friend added.

I just saw this comment to the linked story that SuziQ posted:

"from her family and friends. we just ask everyone who knows her, please keep her in your prayers, we all appriciate it so much she is not good at she needs to make it thru til monday that way she can have the schedualed surgery she needs please keep praying for her......"

Her family & friends are only thinking of getting her thru this...I wish I could hug them all.
    What we are doing is just a drop in the ocean.
    But if that drop was not in the ocean,
    I think the ocean would be less because of that missing drop.
    ~~ Mother Theresa ~~

Where is Rachel Cooke? Missing since 10-Jan-2002
    Rachel's thread - WS
    RachelCookeSearch.org

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast