GUILTY OK - Denise Anderson, 6, shot to death by dad, Guthrie, 1 Feb 2009

Texas Mist

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
He had a rifle with a scope! :furious:

Who the he!! puts a rifle to their kid's head -- after she went to another room because daddy was 'playing too rough'??!!??

:furious: :furious: :furious:

<snip>

What happened?
Denise went to her father’s house for an overnight visit Saturday, according to the arrest affidavit. As the two were playing on Sunday, Denise became upset because her father was playing too rough, so she left her father’s bedroom and went to play in the living area, Peoples told investigators.

Peoples then went into his mother-in-law’s bedroom closet and retrieved a .22-caliber rifle with a scope — the same gun that according to the affidavit, he had "messed with” the day before and left a loaded round in the chamber.

"Matthew went to the hallway between the bedrooms and pointed the gun at Denise while she sat on the floor and played with her toy car,” the document stated. "Matthew pulled the trigger on the rifle and shot Denise in the head.”

rest of the story here:

http://newsok.com/document-details-girls-death/article/3343412?custom_click=lead_story_title

RIP, little Denise. And prayers for your family.

How many parents point a gun at their child's heads and pull the trigger?? Oh I was just playing with her......I just don't know what to think anymore.

From the link that Texas Mist posted:

"After the hearing, a woman who identified herself on the telephone as Peoples&#8217; grandmother said she doesn&#8217;t think her grandson would have intentionally shot his daughter.

"Today&#8217;s news is no better than yesterday&#8217;s,&#8221; she said. "I still think it was an accident"

But yet:

"Peoples wrapped her in a pink blanket, loaded her in his sport utility vehicle, drove to Spencer and left her body in the woods next to the high school track, the affidavit said"

I understand that just because he wrapped her in a blanket and then dumped her body in the woods instead of calling 911 doesn't mean he intentionally killed her. But it sure doesn't look logical if it was an accident.

WTH was daddy doing "playing too rough" in his bedroom with her??!!??!! :furious:

None of this sounds good to me. :mad:

WTH was daddy doing "playing too rough" in his bedroom with her??!!??!! :furious:

I had the exact same thought. I don't think the rough stuff was playing by any means. I imagine there was some sexual abuse going on there and she threatened, "leave me alone or I'm gonna tell." Of course, that's only supposition on my part but it just raised the hinky hairs on my neck when I read that.

Has there been a statement from the bio mom? I wonder what she thinks?

There has to be more to the story here.

Here we go again if it was an accident why didn't he dial 911??

Woah, I missed that when I read through the article the first time Texas Mist. I hope that doesn't sound like what I think it does....:(

Why in the heck did he get the gun in the first place?! Raising the gun, aiming and shooting is not accidental.

RIP Denise. :(

Here's a picture of little Denise. She was such a cutie!

medium

"The funeral for 6-year-old Denise Anderson will be noon Saturday at Equipped Ministries Family Training Center, 1517 SE 44 in Oklahoma City." (source: http://newsok.com/document-details-6-year-olds-death/article/3343412)

If you point a gun at someone and pull the trigger, it's not an accident. Otherwise, everybody could say that. How ridiculous of his family to go along with that idea. I bet he didn't want her telling anybody about the "rough" games in the bedroom.

Yes, SteadFast, the perp is a real winner. :rolleyes:

Have you read the affadavit? Denise's mom called the cops because she didn't know where her little girl was. Cops ask the perp what he did with her & he claims he dropped her off with her mom's friend. LE tells him the friend never had the girl & they know he's lying.

Thennnnn he tells LE that he just dropped her off @ an apartment complex.

hmmmm....sound familiar??

And I also read - what may be a rumor (because I can't find good source to substantiate it) on another forum that after perp dumped the body, he went out with his g/f like nothing happened.

hmmmm....sound familiar??

good grief, dude. Seems we've seen a similar story plastered all over the news for months! good luck with that 'accident' tale!! :furious:

If you point a gun at someone and pull the trigger, it's not an accident. Otherwise, everybody could say that. How ridiculous of his family to go along with that idea. I bet he didn't want her telling anybody about the "rough" games in the bedroom.

I completely agree with you.

I didn't see a link for the affadavit only the article about the affadavit. Does anyone have a link for the actual doc? TIA

yeah, rrrrright, he squeezed her biceps too hard!

makes me wonder especially after seeing his 'myspace url' -- which I've obfuscated to keep it clean:

www.myspace.com/da_biggest_d!*k

it's a stupid accident "story" if you're cleaning a gun that you failed to make sure was *not* *loaded* & your child walks in front of it & then somehow gets shot.

what a tool. :mad:

and this tool needs to be locked up for a lonnnng time.

According to Oklahoma district court records, Peoples pleaded guilty to second degree murder in 2010 and was sentenced to 40 years, 20 suspended:

http://www.oscn.net/dockets/GetCaseInformation.aspx?db=logan&cmid=40261

http://docapp065p.doc.state.ok.us/s...RTAL30&doc_num=619587&offender_book_id=382029

I don't understand why 20 years of his 40-year sentence were suspended and can't find any articles about his sentencing. What can be more cold-blooded than this?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CourtandSims4
Back