1205 users online (200 members and 1005 guests)  

Websleuths News

MO - Emily Usnick charged in death of newborn, St Elizabeth, 15 Jan 2009

http://www.connectmidmissouri.com/ne...aspx?id=255826

ST. ELIZABETH -- KRCG News is following a developing story out of Miller County.

Authorities there say an infant has been found dead in the trunk of a car.

The discovery happened during a drug bust in the small town of St. Elizabeth.
    "Pardon Our Noise, It's the Sound of Freedom" USMC New River Air Station, Jacksonville, North Carolina

omg wtf NOT AGAIN !!! what the hell is wrong with people ?

jnTexas is offline Can't wait for softball and baseball to start :-)
    I think this one will turn out to be a stillborn with Meth in the bloodstream. In the link it said very young infant.

This is just sad!

An update on the article that oceanblueeyes posted:

http://www.connectmidmissouri.com/ne...aspx?id=255826

"The Boone County Medical Examiner's office performed an autopsy Thursday morning and says that no cause of death was determined. But we were told that the infant is a girl.

Also, Miller County Sheriff Bill Abbott says that there was no visible signs of abuse on the infant. Abbott also said that it doesn't appear that the infant lived past being a day old."

A newborn girl.
    "Three things in human life are important: The first is to be kind; the second is to be kind; and the third is to be kind." ~ Henry James

So have people been putting dead bodies in their trunks for years & now, because of the internet, we're actually hearing about it more frequently? (well, excluding the mafia & the likes of them.)

Or is this a new way of life for some people & stashing a dead family member / girfriend / neighbor in the trunk just happens like breathing?

I'm glad it's almost time to leave the office. I'm getting me a drink to think on this a while.
    What we are doing is just a drop in the ocean.
    But if that drop was not in the ocean,
    I think the ocean would be less because of that missing drop.
    ~~ Mother Theresa ~~

Where is Rachel Cooke? Missing since 10-Jan-2002
    Rachel's thread - WS
    RachelCookeSearch.org

update from article that Oceanblueeyes posted in post # 1 :

"Update, Friday 11:35 a.m.:

A sixth person is under arrest in connection with the investgation of a Miller County meth lab and the discovery of a dead infant.

Police Thursday arrested 59 year-old Daniel Tellman Sr. He owns the home where the dead infant was found. He's charged with producing and distributing meth.

Court documents we obtained reveal that an informant tipped police off about the meth at the house. The informant said there were two children living in the home and he feared for their safety.
    With a search warrent in hand, Miller County deputies discovered a meth lab under the kitchen sink. They say the found a number of chemicals, including ether, lithium battery casings, and sulfuric acid, as well as the equipment needed to cook the drug. They say they found meth in almost every bedroom.
    KRCG's Mallory McGowin was in St. Elizabeth Thursday. Neighbors tell her they did not know the people living at Tellman's house, and they say that's unusual for a small town of just over 300. Many St. Elizabeth residents were nervous to talk to Mallory on camera because they fear there may be other members of this drug ring who are not currently in custody.

Folks who frequent the Mertens Mini-Mart just up the road from the house tell Mallory they saw this group of people at the station often and never remember any of the women being pregnant. "

This man's name was mentioned in one of the comments from feb 5, 2009.
    "Three things in human life are important: The first is to be kind; the second is to be kind; and the third is to be kind." ~ Henry James

I'll bet the baby did have meth in the bloodstream. I wonder when the toxicology reports will be in. IMO, if meth is found, then this is murder. I am so sick of reading about infants dying and being hidden. Anyone doing this should have to do LWOP.
    Thoughts and prayers for the people of Paris and all of France!

The owner of the house and five other have been charged with drug-related crimes in connection to the raid.

Still no charges on the dead infant. IMO,at the very least, someone should be charged with abondonment of a corpse if it does turn out to be a stillborn death.

http://crimesceneinvestigations.blog...ng-miller.html
    Don't confront me with my failures.....I had not forgotten them.

Jackson Browne

This is getting to be such a common thing we hear or read - it's beyond ridiculous!

These people need to be punished to the fullest extent. That little girl didn't ask to be born and to throw her away. Perhaps she may have lived if they would have taken her to the hospital upon birth. This is sick!

There are far too many people, myself included, that would love to have a little baby.

I hope the other two children are removed from that home and given to people who will love them and give them the life they deserve. I know, in dealing with foster care, that a child removed from a meth house doesn't get to bring anything with them - not a favorite blankie, stuffed animal - nothing! So very sad!
    This post is my opinion only unless supported with a link.

WHERE IS SKY METALWALA?

MISSING SINCE 6 NOVEMBER 2011 when his mother ALLEGEDLY left him in a locked car.
    She has been uncooperative with law enforcement and has seemingly moved on with her life.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...-6-Nov-2011-19

There have still been no charges filed in the connection to the case of a dead infant that was found in the trunk of a car during a drug raid last February.

http://crimesceneinvestigations.blog...l-waiting.html
    Don't confront me with my failures.....I had not forgotten them.

Jackson Browne

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Mist View Post
    So have people been putting dead bodies in their trunks for years & now, because of the internet, we're actually hearing about it more frequently? (well, excluding the mafia & the likes of them.)

Or is this a new way of life for some people & stashing a dead family member / girfriend / neighbor in the trunk just happens like breathing?

I'm glad it's almost time to leave the office. I'm getting me a drink to think on this a while.
    People have been stashing dead bodies since the beginning of time.

RIP to this infant girl.
    I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death!

http://www.lakenewsonline.com/articl...NEWS/150928724

Over six years after the body of a baby was found wrapped in a plastic bag in the trunk of a car, the mother accused of murdering the infant is still awaiting trial after 26th Judicial Circuit Judge Stan Moore granted a motion to separate filed on behalf of the defense that will delay the jury trial until July 25, 2016...

The mother of the child, Emily Usnick, 36, is charged with five felonies including second degree murder, endangering the welfare of a child and abandonment of a corpse.

August 2016:

Mother's murder, drugs case moved again

http://www.newstribune.com/news/news...-again/635231/

The trial of a Mid-Missouri woman charged with second-degree murder in the death of her infant daughter and with endangering the welfare of another child was moved Monday from Miller County to Johnson County.

According to court records, 26th Circuit Judge Stan Moore filed an order for change of venue Monday to move the trial to Johnson County after complications moving the trial from Miller County to Laclede County.

On Aug. 3, Moore ordered Usnick's case transferred to Laclede County with a jury trial set to start Sept. 12. No date has been set for the trial following the most recent change of venue to Johnson County.