60-year-old gives birth to twins?

wildTrose

Reaction score
CALGARY, Alberta (Reuters) – A 60-year-old woman in the Western Canadian city of Calgary has given birth to twins after going to India for fertility treatments, the Canadian Broadcasting Corp reported on its website on Thursday.
The report said the twins, both boys, were seven weeks prematurely delivered by caesarean section. Though one is breathing with the help of special equipment, doctors said the twins are doing well but will be kept in hospital until they gain weight and both can breathe on their own.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20090205/od_nm/us_twins_odd

The Indians, at least the ones I've known, are very family-connected. I wouldn't be surprised if she has help to raise them. JMO

Absolutely DISGUSTING
This was not a accidental pregnancy but rather a planned deliberate choice

60 years old is FAR TOO OLD to be giving birth and raising children.

Im a very young 42 with two children the last being nearly 2

Its hard for me at times running around after them.

60 is 60 no matter whether you look like Sophia Loren, Brigitte Bardot or any other goodlooking older woman.

60 is approaching Grandma time (or even before)
I will be 60 when my youngest is 20 and my other child 24

This woman will be 80 when her youngest is 20 if she isnt dead before that

Sorry but Nature is inplace for a reason. This is all wrong. IMO

I will be sixty on March 1st. No way in hell I should be birthing children. I can't even explain what these people are thinking. At our age we are trying to be sure that our adult children are OK. People need to realize that what we have done prior is what we have to deal with in the future. Good, bad or indifferent.

I just hope I live to be 60. My youngest grandchild I'm raising won't even be 18 until I'm 65.

I don't see the difference in this woman having a child, which is a miracle in it's self and a 60 year old woman adopting a child.
My parents adopted my three brothers and myself when they were in their late 50's and they were great parents. My mother is still alive and is 82 and my father passed at age 87 four years ago.

I don't see the difference in this woman having a child, which is a miracle in it's self and a 60 year old woman adopting a child.
My parents adopted my three brothers and myself when they were in their late 50's and they were great parents. My mother is still alive and is 82 and my father passed at age 87 four years ago.

Birth / Pregnancy places a Huge strain on the females body for one thing.

And I feel the same way about People of that age adopting as well.

When you say late 50's how Late ? if you don't mind me asking and were you babies or older children ?

Absolutely DISGUSTING
This was not a accidental pregnancy but rather a planned deliberate choice

60 years old is FAR TOO OLD to be giving birth and raising children.

Im a very young 42 with two children the last being nearly 2

Its hard for me at times running around after them.

60 is 60 no matter whether you look like Sophia Loren, Brigitte Bardot or any other goodlooking older woman.

60 is approaching Grandma time (or even before)
I will be 60 when my youngest is 20 and my other child 24

This woman will be 80 when her youngest is 20 if she isnt dead before that

Sorry but Nature is inplace for a reason. This is all wrong. IMO
wow is all i can say .. i hope that the babies will be ok and that she can keep up with them . there are alot of older ladies that can keep up pretty well with babies .not me though im gonna be 43 and kika wears me out .. but then i work too at a truck stop .. i know this one lady though that looks like she is in her early 50's she lives down the street from me and she is 75 i about crapped when she told me .. i was just flabbergasted at how much energy and how young she looks

I will be sixty on March 1st. No way in hell I should be birthing children. I can't even explain what these people are thinking. At our age we are trying to be sure that our adult children are OK. People need to realize that what we have done prior is what we have to deal with in the future. Good, bad or indifferent.

Concernedperson, I am 58 and will be 59 the end of July. I simply cannot imagine giving birth at my age.

I agree with you!

Birth / Pregnancy places a Huge strain on the females body for one thing.

And I feel the same way about People of that age adopting as well.

When you say late 50's how Late ? if you don't mind me asking and were you babies or older children ?

I know this is an old thread but I'm just seeing this so I'll answer....

I was 7, my brothers were 5, 3 and 3 months and my parents were 51 and 61 when they adopted us.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brittinvestigates4u
Back