928 users online (228 members and 700 guests)  

Websleuths News


Page 18 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast
Results 256 to 270 of 427
  1. #256
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    4,965
    Merry Christmas David & Sean.

  2. #257
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    4,965
    This is going to be a very difficult transition for Sean. The Brazilian family is all to blame for this. They never should have kept him in the first place. They would have been allowed visits if they hadn't been so underhanded in the beginning. I don't feel sorry for the Grandmother at all. She is to blame, imo. I know how hard it would be to have my grandson live in a different country, but I could never keep him from his father is something happened to my daughter, it's just not right.

  3. #258
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    30,739
    Quote Originally Posted by CarrieBean View Post
    I hope Sean is with his Father at this moment. Maybe they ought to let the grandmother take the ride back to the US, then arrest her for kidnapping when they land.

    The boy's mother is dead. She kidnapped him, not the grandmother.


    Nosy by Nature and a Websleuther by choice

  4. #259
    Liz's Avatar
    Liz is offline I am not a chemist and this is not my 1st rodeo
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Northwest
    Posts
    25,446

    Breaking news on HLN

    No, sorry Sean is not on a plane back to the U.S. yet.

    The breaking news is that Sean's Brazilian family will not be filing any more appeals to keep Sean here.

  5. #260
    Liz's Avatar
    Liz is offline I am not a chemist and this is not my 1st rodeo
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Northwest
    Posts
    25,446
    Fox News just confirmed the HLN report that David will be reunited with his son because the Brazilian family will not be filing any appeals! We're one step closer!

  6. #261
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    4,965
    Quote Originally Posted by Linda7NJ View Post
    The boy's mother is dead. She kidnapped him, not the grandmother.
    Yes, the mother did, but the Brazilian family kept him. They are to blame for all of this. IMO.

  7. #262
    Liz's Avatar
    Liz is offline I am not a chemist and this is not my 1st rodeo
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Northwest
    Posts
    25,446
    It's all over Twitter now that the Brazilian family is preparing for a peaceful handover of the child. (Just how long will the 'preparations' take, is what I'd like to know.)

    And, to those of you who haven't read it, David has already stated he will not do to Sean's Brazilian family what they have done to him - he will not deny them from visiting Sean.

  8. #263
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    4,965
    I would think it would take awhile. Packing up from 5 years of living would not be quick. And they probably won't try to hurry. JMO
    Does anyone know what time it is in Brazil?

  9. #264
    Liz's Avatar
    Liz is offline I am not a chemist and this is not my 1st rodeo
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Northwest
    Posts
    25,446
    Snipped from, Brazilian Family Will Not Appeal Goldman Ruling

    Silvana Bianchi, Sean's maternal grandmother, had written an open letter to Brazilian President Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva just hours before the Tuesday ruling, in which she said cultural differences and international pressure were driving the case.

    "Our moral foundation values the mother's role. In the absence of the mother, the raising should be done by the grandmother," she wrote. "That's how it's done in Brazil, from north to south, regardless of race, religion or social class. It's natural that foreigners, with a different foundation, would not understand these authentically Brazilian feelings."

    Silva has said he would not intervene in the case, that it was purely a matter for Brazil's legal system.


    (That goes to show the maternal grandmother's role in attempting to keep Sean from his bio-dad!) Personally, I think the President Lula (aka Silva) should have intervened or at least opined that the child should be returned to the U.S. according to the Hague Treaty.

    Another snippet:

    During a teleconference with U.S. journalists late Tuesday, Smith said law enforcement was on guard in case the Brazilian family did not transfer Sean. He said the international police agency Interpol had been notified to make sure Sean was not flown out of Brazil.

    Let's get it on, Grandma Silvana ... hand your grandson over to his father, in a civilized and gracious manner!

  10. #265
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    188
    Quote Originally Posted by ohiogirl View Post
    I would think it would take awhile. Packing up from 5 years of living would not be quick. And they probably won't try to hurry. JMO
    Does anyone know what time it is in Brazil?
    2:34 pm Brazil is 4 hours ahead of Central time zone.
    Last edited by 4Kat; 12-23-2009 at 12:36 PM.


  11. #266
    Liz's Avatar
    Liz is offline I am not a chemist and this is not my 1st rodeo
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Northwest
    Posts
    25,446
    Quote Originally Posted by ohiogirl View Post
    I would think it would take awhile. Packing up from 5 years of living would not be quick. And they probably won't try to hurry. JMO
    Does anyone know what time it is in Brazil?
    I'm pretty sure Brazil has several time zones. But the time where Sean is:

    Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    Rio de Janeiro is capital of the state Rio de Janeiro
    The native name of Brazil is Brasil
    Current Time Wednesday, December 23, 2009 at 2:34:21 PM

  12. #267
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    24,025
    Quote Originally Posted by Liz View Post
    Snipped from, Brazilian Family Will Not Appeal Goldman Ruling

    Silvana Bianchi, Sean's maternal grandmother, had written an open letter to Brazilian President Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva just hours before the Tuesday ruling, in which she said cultural differences and international pressure were driving the case.

    "Our moral foundation values the mother's role. In the absence of the mother, the raising should be done by the grandmother," she wrote. "That's how it's done in Brazil, from north to south, regardless of race, religion or social class. It's natural that foreigners, with a different foundation, would not understand these authentically Brazilian feelings."

    Silva has said he would not intervene in the case, that it was purely a matter for Brazil's legal system.


    (That goes to show the maternal grandmother's role in attempting to keep Sean from his bio-dad!) Personally, I think the President Lula (aka Silva) should have intervened or at least opined that the child should be returned to the U.S. according to the Hague Treaty.

    Another snippet:

    During a teleconference with U.S. journalists late Tuesday, Smith said law enforcement was on guard in case the Brazilian family did not transfer Sean. He said the international police agency Interpol had been notified to make sure Sean was not flown out of Brazil.

    Let's get it on, Grandma Silvana ... hand your grandson over to his father, in a civilized and gracious manner!
    Whatever moral foundation Brazil has, I presume it also has legal child custody foundation. In US, biological parents have priority over anyone else in child custody cases. Is it the same in Brazil?

  13. #268
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    937
    Quote Originally Posted by Liz View Post
    It's all over Twitter now that the Brazilian family is preparing for a peaceful handover of the child. (Just how long will the 'preparations' take, is what I'd like to know.)

    And, to those of you who haven't read it, David has already stated he will not do to Sean's Brazilian family what they have done to him - he will not deny them from visiting Sean.
    Truthfully, I never thought David would deny his son his Brazilian family. Just something about the man that does not project that kind of vindictive nature. He always came across as rightfully frustrated and angry, but not wanting to recreate their hateful behavior. He seems like a really decent guy that truly loves his son.

    Once the public curiosity has settled, I hope and pray the media will leave them alone and let this father and son rediscover their relationship and bond without the glare of public scrutiny.

  14. #269
    Liz's Avatar
    Liz is offline I am not a chemist and this is not my 1st rodeo
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Northwest
    Posts
    25,446
    Quote Originally Posted by jjenny View Post
    Whatever moral foundation Brazil has, I presume it also has legal child custody foundation. In US, biological parents have priority over anyone else in child custody cases. Is it the same in Brazil?
    If they do, it doesn't appear it's being adhered to. From what I understand, there are 50-60 other American children that are being held (illegally) in Brazil. This issue needs to be addressed next, imo!

    I hope that Senator Lautenberg's amendment blocking trade benefits to Brazil is kept in place until we get all of our American children back here where they belong. That benefit is worth about $2.75 Billion to Brazil and frankly, I don't think they deserve it! (Presently, the U.S. needs that money more than they do!)

  15. #270
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    29,187
    Liz - thank you for all the twitter updates! I know nothing about twitter - I'm just getting comfortable with text messages

    I am just waiting to hear that David and Sean are in the air. I hope this grandmother does what she can to make this easier for Sean. My prayers are with him and his dad today that their trip starts soon, it is safe, and they are reunited with their loved ones in the US!

    Salem

Page 18 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. GUILTY Brazil - Women murdered, cooked into empanadas, Garanhuns, 2008-2012
    By ClaireNC in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-17-2015, 03:28 PM
  2. GUILTY Brazil - Todd, 39, & Michelle Staheli, 36, murdered in Rio, 30 Nov 2003
    By Doyle in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-19-2015, 06:58 PM
  3. It is raining SPIDERS in Brazil
    By princesspjs in forum Bizarre and Off-Beat News
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 02-10-2013, 10:27 AM
  4. Onassis heiress to wed in Brazil
    By Floh in forum Celebrity and Entertainment News
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 12-05-2005, 02:02 PM

Tags for this Thread