1484 users online (296 members and 1188 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
    dearmont, I stood next to the palm tree where the suspect is pictured and estimated height of tree.

I appreciate you taking a hard look at the blowups. I don't believe artifacts in the perfect shape of a holster with thigh straps and a baton at every level of brightness and darkness, with exact same marking on his neck in both stills, and shoulder patch in still two and deputy badge in still three can be random, but you're not the only one who dismisses it, so I appreciate your opinion.

Also in still three his face is very clear with sunglasses and bike helmet where he has turned back to look at Jennifer's car he just parked.

And yes, the resolution was horrible and it took me unending hours of work with the pictures enlarging and adjusting brightness and contrast and examining pixel by pixel. I would have expected at least one random artifact not to be that of a bike patrol security guard as I have pictured on the page, a pictured security guard that took me months of searching to find, that corroborates the precise security guard uniform and equipment that I had found and described.

Nevertheless, I do not expect anything to ever come of it since professionals believe it's not possible to see what they didn't see.

Thanks again, and your suggestion is a good one.

rd

Quote Originally Posted by rd_jfc View Post
    but you're not the only one who dismisses it, so I appreciate your opinion.

Nevertheless, I do not expect anything to ever come of it since professionals believe it's not possible to see what they didn't see.

Thanks again, and your suggestion is a good one.

rd
    Please, let me very clear, I am not dismissing what you have done, nor the conclusions you have reached. I encourage you to continue on this track on investigation - all angles must be carefully explored in this case - in 3 years the investigation is no futher along than day 1 - anything is plausible at this point I think.
    I choose to walk to path less travelled, and that has made all the difference

They could have replaced the palm tree with a smaller variety by the gate because it obscured the vision in the photo. Just saying...
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.

What I post are my opinions only.

Quote Originally Posted by SeriouslySearching View Post
    They could have replaced the palm tree with a smaller variety by the gate because it obscured the vision in the photo. Just saying...
    Excellent point!

Quote Originally Posted by SeriouslySearching View Post
    Most likely it was removed - the GVS photos, best I can determine, were taken in August 06.
    I choose to walk to path less travelled, and that has made all the difference

I think a way to determine height would have been reinactment right after. They could have just reinacted over and over until they got a segment of a person seeming the same distance and height as in the video. Just like in other cases. ex. I just saw a show that they reinacted the impact of a crash with a dummy wearing glasses to see if it was possible the glasses would stay on or not.

IMO, This would have been something they were very capable of and should have known to do. In this pic

they could have reinacted until they got the right distance (matching a person placed same foot<---->curb), then reinacted using that distance with maybe a pole until they had a segment that the pole was the same height as the POI.
    To me this would have been the instant, logical thing to do.

One other thing is I cannot believe they would have not had any other leads from the car. Anything from finger prints to something rubbed off from the bottom of shoes, bottom of car, etc. I believe I read they checked seat position, but what about rear view mirrors position?

Quote Originally Posted by drumstick View Post
    SS, somewhere in all the early video links I remember the interview with the neighbor lady who was walking her dog that morning. She made a statement to the press that she did not see Jennifer that morning and her car was gone.

Wherever that car was that morning it was not in Jennifer's parking spot according to this lady.

Was it hidden in one of the many garages at the complex and driven over to HOTG by a worker on his lunch break or was it taken off the property early that morning?

LE collected the film from businesses up and around the area and we don't know if they discovered her car on that film being driven by the suspect. They have never said.

As for the suspect's height. I believe the measurement of 5'3-5'5 is correct.

I have personally observed foot traffic in that area on my many visits to that neighborhood and that measurement is typical of what I saw.

~
    I am not saying the person isnt that short, but honestly I do not believe many places have foot traffic that the average male is 5'3-5'5. That is odd, are you aware how short that is.

Quote Originally Posted by dearmont View Post
    Unfortunately, I don’t have any data on the measurements of the landmarks at HOTG so I’ve done a little non-really scientific analysis on the estimated height of the POI based on the estimated stride of the POI and it would appear that this person is really short – very doubtful that they are more than 5’3” tall. I base this on some known and accepted averages on human stride.

A person walking at a normal speed and cadence will cover 120 steps/min. If the camera at HOTG took images once every 3 seconds, which would suggest the POI took about 6 steps between images.

A person’s average stride is about 54”, which translates to about 3 steps. There is a formula that states:

Person’s height x 0.415 = stride therefore stride/3 = length of step.

So, if the POI was 5’10” (70”) the stride would be 70x 0.415 = 29”. Step size would be 29/3 = 9.5” – conclusion – in six steps this person would have been well past the gatepost and their face could have been seen.

If the person was just 5’ (60”) the stride would be 60 x 0.415 = 24.9”. Step = 24.9/3 = 8.3” – conclusion – in six steps this person would not have passed the gatepost at that point. My feeling is that this person is a little taller than 5’ – but not by much!

Calculations done based on information from these sources:
    http://education.ti.com/educationportal/activityexchange/activity_detail.do?cid=us&activityid=6369

http://www.univie.ac.at/cga/courses/be522/tsp.html

http://walking.about.com/cs/pedometers/a/pedometerset.htm
    I usually check this thread, daily. I don't know how I missed this post. Did everyone else notice the person is the POI? How did you get that, did you have to add anything to the image?
    Can you post just the POI there for us, IMO that could be used for pics titled Person Of Interest.

Ok I was thinking about this today. I think the POI is someone who lived in the area. I think the person dropped off her car and got back on their bike. I wonder where the first bike rack or etc. would be in the direction the POI was walking in. So where was her car before? I would like to know where the first cameras are located going in both directions upon leaving the complex.

Quote Originally Posted by wanttohelp View Post
    I am not saying the person isnt that short, but honestly I do not believe many places have foot traffic that the average male is 5'3-5'5. That is odd, are you aware how short that is.
    LOL Yes. I notice it every day when I have to reach something.
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.

What I post are my opinions only.

The poi height calculated by height of fence, shadows and sun, angle of camera, it was 1:00 p.m.
    I should have paid attention more in those advanced math classes.
    http://www.freepatentsonline.com/7327442.html
    http://www.metacafe.com/watch/877906...y_tall_object/
    God has a plan to help bring justice to the world -- and his plan is us.
    Gary Haugen
    Source: Founder, International

Website for Jennifer K: has poi listed as 5'3'' to 5'5''.

IMO: I see a thin, slightly built, short, man with a long stride. It seems like he has a very short haircut.
    He is dressed in what appears to me are khaki pants, white t shirt, and dark shoes, not boots.
    Jennifer is 5'8'' and 125 lbs.
    She is at least 3 inches taller than the poi.
    When she was abducted, were there two people involved? In order to subdue her?
    Because even if poi had a stun gun or fast acting medication, he could never get her to a car alone.

As to 'who' it could be, besides a construction worker:
    her brother and friends were in her condo when she was gone on vacation.
    Who knows how many people came in and out of her home while she was away.
    It would have been probably fairly easy for a person to get a copy of her house key.

Or it could be someone had stalked her: a coworker, someone she saw daily, on the way to work, getting coffee, at the gym.

Most crimes committed by a person in their 'comfort zone.'
    God has a plan to help bring justice to the world -- and his plan is us.
    Gary Haugen
    Source: Founder, International

Quote Originally Posted by dreamweaver View Post
    Website for Jennifer K: has poi listed as 5'3'' to 5'5''.

IMO: I see a thin, slightly built, short, man with a long stride. It seems like he has a very short haircut.
    He is dressed in what appears to me are khaki pants, white t shirt, and dark shoes, not boots.
    Jennifer is 5'8'' and 125 lbs.
    She is at least 3 inches taller than the poi.
    When she was abducted, were there two people involved? In order to subdue her?
    Because even if poi had a stun gun or fast acting medication, he could never get her to a car alone.

As to 'who' it could be, besides a construction worker:
    her brother and friends were in her condo when she was gone on vacation.
    Who knows how many people came in and out of her home while she was away.
    It would have been probably fairly easy for a person to get a copy of her house key.

Or it could be someone had stalked her: a coworker, someone she saw daily, on the way to work, getting coffee, at the gym.

Most crimes committed by a person in their 'comfort zone.'
    I respectfully disagree...the POI could have easily abducted her by himself! Most kidnappings are done by ONE person. With or without a weapon. Some crimes happen in broad daylight....An abduction only takes a few seconds! Anything is possible! The weapons you mentioned above would make it even easier! MOO

Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast